The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
13 minutes ago, Rugster said:

They could have done it in a slightly less snidey way though, and without the wee confused emoji. 

Agree with that. Forrest should have let us announce but having a wee pop on Twitter when they’ve just lent us a player looks poor. 

4 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

Love it when fans question quality of third choice keeper at English PL club 🙈

Nicky Hogarth if 5th choice at Forest at best. He's behind Dean Henderson, Wayne Hennessey, Ethan Horvath (who has gone on loan to Luton) and Jordan Smith at least who are all first team squad members there. Hogarth isn't.

2 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

Anyone hazard a guess as to how we can buy tickets for the Dundee game? Meant to be on sale from 9:30am today, no link anywhere on the website and straight to Answer machine at club shop

Was wondering this myself, away tickets not on Dundees website either

Edited: All tickets for this fixture are physical tickets and can be purchased in the Club Shop or over the phone on 01324 624121.

Edited by ilostmyself

I dont really care about the tweet very much, nor do I think anyone at Forest will.

That said, it really is a silly and more importantly, totally unnecessary thing.

I dont know who does the twitter admin, but whoever it is needs to wind their neck in a bit. We all know Club twitter accounts all love to think they are hilarious, and there a time for digs and pish ripping, but if it could, even by some small chance, negatively affect the football operations of the club, then aye. Wind your neck in.

Eta it really does give me Gary Deans feels

Guest Caractacus Potts
41 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:
56 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:
Agree with that. Forrest should have let us announce but having a wee pop on Twitter when they’ve just lent us a player looks poor. 

So you dont think we phoned Forest before the tweet?

Sorry I’m not sure what you mean by this? Also who is we? 

5 minutes ago, AdamAnt said:

The new(ish) admin of the Twitter account has also been blocking some Falkirk fans who dare to offer criticism in the replies to tweets. 

Don't mind them blocking people if it's outright abusive/personal but blocking your own fans for criticism is pathetic.

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

Don't mind them blocking people if it's outright abusive/personal but blocking your own fans for criticism is pathetic.

What is it with these wannabe comedian social media admins who seem to be incredibly thin skinned across the board. Blocking fans is a heavy minter unless like you say, its just outright abuse. 

Nicky Hogarth if 5th choice at Forest at best. He's behind Dean Henderson, Wayne Hennessey, Ethan Horvath (who has gone on loan to Luton) and Jordan Smith at least who are all first team squad members there. Hogarth isn't.

Also got George Shelvey who is in front of him in the pecking order.

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 minute ago, Bigbri Bairn said:
9 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:
Sorry I’m not sure what you mean by this? Also who is we? 

Perhaps the club phoned forest first. And by we i was wrongly viewing the fans and club officials as one harmonious collective

Thought you had inside knowledge as sounded more like a rhetorical question. 

Anyway I still don’t understand your point specifically to me, as I said that Forrest should have allowed us to announce it first.

Whether we requested it and they went against our wishes is a different matter. A phone call to express the club’s disappointment would be better than having a bit of a pop at them in public. Better yet leave it be and simply wait and  say following international clearance we can now confirm Nicky Hogarth has joined the club. 

Anyway I still don’t understand your point specifically to me, as I said that Forrest should have allowed us to announce it first.
Whether we requested it and they went against our wishes is a different matter. A phone call to express the club’s disappointment would be better than having a bit of a pop at them in public. Better yet leave it be and simply wait and  say following international clearance we can now confirm Nicky Hogarth has joined the club. 
probably quoted you due to not seeing the screen as i basking in the sun before a late shift Sorry lol

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 minute ago, Bigbri Bairn said:
6 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

probably quoted you due to not seeing the screen as i basking in the sun before a late shift Sorry lol

No worries. Never know if it’s good or bad to enjoy the sunshine before a late shift as really makes you feel like you can’t be arsed! On the other hand you feel like you need to make the most of it! 

14 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Unfortunately it’s an attitude that seems to be creeping into the club now. Criticism even when valid is forbidden. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
4 minutes ago, AdamAnt said:

Unfortunately it’s an attitude that seems to be creeping into the club now. Criticism even when valid is forbidden. 

100% agree if this is the case but this is the first I’ve heard of it. Surely someone on here must have first hand experience? 

Playing devil's advocate (and my club social media mafia card), that tweet is definitely meant to be a humorous spin on the Marc Cucurella Brighton/Chelsea/Fabrizio Romano tizzy last week.

Edited by el Gringo