The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

The same words are uttered up and down the country by players and managers weekly, you do get the odd crazy one but overall it's the same weekly.

Very much this - I don't enjoy doing interviews because even I'm not that interested in the answer. For me it's a tick-box exercise.

Brian Rice is very consistent with what he says. He likes to keep things positive and he doesn't like to look too far ahead. He doesn't have a massive focus on the opposition either because his philosophy is to affect the game with how we play - go score goals. To pluck a number from thin air 90% of what he'll say in interviews will cover those points.

I find John McGlynn and Paul Smith are quite pleasant interviewees because they tend to be quite candid with praise for the opposition (us) whenever we've managed a result. Makes a change from blaming the pitch, referee, [insert other irrelevant excuses]

49 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Yes he has. He ruffled Paul Hartley's feathers in a post-match interview and the manager refused to speak to him ever again. Thereafter every interview had to be done by Connor Park. 

Is that not more down to Hartley being an unbelievable p***k.

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

If there is one cliché that annoys me its bullshit like 'Bad day at the office'

Should have been.

Not good enough. either they are not good enough or their mental attitude is not good enough. Up to me to identify who's who. Get the former out the door and the latters attitude sorted and if the don't they will be out the door as well. They are in on Sunday when I will begin my decision-making process.

Can you imagine the fans reaction to that! they would have been right behind him.

If he continues with the Miller/McCracken/Sheerin/Holt/Rennie/Millar rhetoric McGlynn is going to start losing goodwill.

Get a grip ass wipe

53 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Yes he has. He ruffled Paul Hartley's feathers in a post-match interview and the manager refused to speak to him ever again. Thereafter every interview had to be done by Connor Park. 

Never underestimate a managers ability to take offence at the innocuous. And I say that from personal experience of the same manager. 

It's happened a few times over the years at Falkirk with different managers and staff/volunteers.  Lewis is right to be cautious. Because if he did have a go at the manager, and the manager responded in kind, the interview would never see the light of day. And the interviewer might not be there next week, depending on how much support each side had from the boardroom. 

Lewis done the 3 games before he was sacked 

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
21 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:
official.

Gutted for PJ then. Really hope Hogarth is coming in and is the quality to be first choice. Martin was a big let down last season.

Not sure about that, imo Martin and Mutch were similar in ability. Guess he wasn’t brilliant 

Aye Hogarth is definitely coming in to play which is fair enough. Paddy Martin was extremely poor last season and he’s not someone you want to be relying on to start more than the odd game here and there. Assuming it means PJ is out for a while.

Arguably one of Martin's best games for us was actually the 6-0 QP game, as ridiculous as it sounds. Would genuinely have been 10 or 11 if he hadn't made some of the saves he did. But aye, he's not good enough to be no.1. Interested to see what Hogarth is like.

3 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

official.

I know photos can be deceiving but he is a big laddie and bigger build than his dad.

I'd say it makes you feel auld when back in the day I used to try to score against Myles but those days are gone of not feeling auld. 

It wouldn't surprise me if he was here to be our No1 a lot of loans nowadays hinge on being in the 11.

5 hours ago, MrDust said:

I know photos can be deceiving but he is a big laddie and bigger build than his dad.

I'd say it makes you feel auld when back in the day I used to try to score against Myles but those days are gone of not feeling auld. 

It wouldn't surprise me if he was here to be our No1 a lot of loans nowadays hinge on being in the 11.

Love it when fans question quality of third choice keeper at English PL club 🙈

Seem to recall that coming to us in loan only served to help the careers of a certain Tim Krul & that young laddie from Manchester by name of Kasper Scmeichal 

Be great for young Nicky if he was able to use this loan as a springboard for his career

Now some young Arsenal loanees aka O’Donnell, Gregg & Stokes wouldn’t go amiss 

11 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Was down at Little Kerse today with a friend for a coffee at the cafe.

We bumped into John and Paul, we exchanged pleasantries and they couldn’t have been nicer.

Did they tell you 'listen, DPB, we can work it out'.

I remember watching a few of Cowdenbeath's highlights when we supposedly had him on trial last summer, he doesn't fill me with confidence. He's not played with their U23's since January. Can have a look at a few of the goals in the below to see for yourself.

Edited by FFC 1876

11 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

More likely shouting Help!

It's going to be a long and winding road for Falkirk in the next year or two IMO.  I guess you guys are hoping for a revolution under McGlynn, everyone needs to come together for the good of the club.