The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, fuzzydunlop said:

Did we have a 1-1 draw with them at Ibrox some point in the league around then too?   1994 maybe?  I couldn't get a ticket for the Falkirk section and as I refused to miss a game in those days i got a ticket for the home end through a guy I worked with (i know I know) - was interesting trying to hold back when Falkirk scored....I was above the Falkirk fans too so that was equally bizarre.  Could be wrong but think we went 1-0 up and they equalised.  First and last time I watched a Falkirk game in the away end and concreted my hate for Rangers 

By the same circumstances I was in The Jungle at Parkhead with my Celtic supporting flatmate when Jimmy Gilmour scored the late winner that kept us up... Forever grateful to my flatmate who immediately pinned my arms at my sides when we scored and my "feck!! FECK!!!" cries of jubilation were drowned out by the "feck! FECK!!!" cries of seethe and bile all around. A happy day. 

Small, trivial, inconsequential things but FTV leading with questions such as "not the result u guys wanted last week was it eh? x" after getting pumped 4-0 off Airdrie will never cease to make me want to rip my ears off my head. Gimme Falkirk Daft any day xx

6 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Small, trivial, inconsequential things but FTV leading with questions such as "not the result u guys wanted last week was it eh? x" after getting pumped 4-0 off Airdrie will never cease to make me want to rip my ears off my head. Gimme Falkirk Daft any day xx

I noticef we were back to bad day at the office in the post Airdrie interview.

Two things. McGlynn looked like he'd just seen a ghost in that interview, probably the ghosts of last season that he continues to start and now knows he's in for a far tougher job than he imagined and Lewis is never going to ask a remotely challenging question, he's been doing it long enough and there's never been a feather ruffled. 

17 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Two things. McGlynn looked like he'd just seen a ghost in that interview, probably the ghosts of last season that he continues to start and now knows he's in for a far tougher job than he imagined and Lewis is never going to ask a remotely challenging question, he's been doing it long enough and there's never been a feather ruffled. 

Would you not look like that too if you'd morphed into Sean Mackie on camera?

50 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I noticef we were back to bad day at the office in the post Airdrie interview.

If there is one cliché that annoys me its bullshit like 'Bad day at the office'

Should have been.

Not good enough. either they are not good enough or their mental attitude is not good enough. Up to me to identify who's who. Get the former out the door and the latters attitude sorted and if the don't they will be out the door as well. They are in on Sunday when I will begin my decision-making process.

Can you imagine the fans reaction to that! they would have been right behind him.

If he continues with the Miller/McCracken/Sheerin/Holt/Rennie/Millar rhetoric McGlynn is going to start losing goodwill.

6 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Supposedly Cove are close to signing ex-Falkirk youth player Cieran Dunne who left for Sunderland in 2019 but is now a free agent.

Any Bairns fans remember him? Think he might have only played a handful of first team games.

It's only a rumour from a sports journalist at present so might not come to fruition. We also have a LB on loan from Aberdeen so not sure where Cieran would fit in. We have other positions that need filled first imo.

Good luck with that 

Anyone looking for Andrew Neil or Paxman interview approach on Falkirk TV are in for a long wait.

As for repeated phrases, that happens with everyone working in that environment too.

The managers/players emotion is about all you can take from them. The same words are uttered up and down the country by players and managers weekly, you do get the odd crazy one but overall it's the same weekly.

2 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Lewis is never going to ask a remotely challenging question, he's been doing it long enough and there's never been a feather ruffled. 

Yes he has. He ruffled Paul Hartley's feathers in a post-match interview and the manager refused to speak to him ever again. Thereafter every interview had to be done by Connor Park. 

Never underestimate a managers ability to take offence at the innocuous. And I say that from personal experience of the same manager. 

It's happened a few times over the years at Falkirk with different managers and staff/volunteers.  Lewis is right to be cautious. Because if he did have a go at the manager, and the manager responded in kind, the interview would never see the light of day. And the interviewer might not be there next week, depending on how much support each side had from the boardroom.