The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

So far McIntyre's recruitment at Cove has probably been on par with Hartley's at Falkirk. 2 guaranteed failures out of the 3 we've brought in. Both from down south and both no way near good enough.

If we go for Cieran I hope he's a success. Heard he had a trial at Doncaster Rovers and Barrow, both EFL2, and did well but failed to get a contract.

He was on trial at Doncaster as a left back, their boss said he done well enough but he was looking for better. They then signed James Maxwell. He was a left winger at us, he was thrown in a few times and looked good, we then just stopped playing him completely which was weird but it was possibly due to him trying to get a move elsewhere.

9 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

He was on trial at Doncaster as a left back, their boss said he done well enough but he was looking for better. They then signed James Maxwell. He was a left winger at us, he was thrown in a few times and looked good, we then just stopped playing him completely which was weird but it was possibly due to him trying to get a move elsewhere.

He sounds a fairly promising signing which would be a deviation from McIntyre's recruitment so far at Cove. Until he's signed I'm viewing it as speculation from journalist Alan Nixon.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

8 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Nixon is normally fairly good in fairness to him.

Going back over his previous postings a high percentage of them have come off to be fair. I just subscribed to his Patreon and he's said the deal is done. Cieran has accepted an offer so likely to be announced soon.

Suspect it will be a 1 year. Gone are the days of us dishing out 3 year deals. Very much looks like this year we're going to take low risk in the permanent transfer market and rely on some loans. I suspect if we stay up we'll go hybrid next season and then be prepared to step up the spend at that point.

5 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Used to not mind so much when we were in the bottom of the broomloan road stand at least but haven't been at a Falkirk game there since they stuck us in that wee corner. Only place worse is Celtic park where your actually lucky to get something to sit on and can't see half the bloody pitch unless you watch on a big screen. Both horrible places to go.

I find it difficult to choose which one is worse tbh. Both are absolute shitholes, built in areas that are shitholes, full of bigots that are the absolute vermin of society.

How anyone can take their children to watch either of them regularly is beyond me. 

3 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I mind when Richie scored the second goal against them at Ibrox in the 2-1 cup victory in 1994 and everything rained down on us from the scum above. Horrible ground to visit, I wouldn’t be paying £31 either.

I was in corporate hospitality that night as a guest of a company - didn’t disguise who I supported in any way. A lot of guests were absolutely beeling with me 😂.

John Greig and Colin Jackson were working in hospitality that night and both made a point of finding me post match to say congratulations which was a nice touch. Certainly very different from my usual experience of Rangers fans.

12 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I was in corporate hospitality that night as a guest of a company - didn’t disguise who I supported in any way. A lot of guests were absolutely beeling with me 😂.

John Greig and Colin Jackson were working in hospitality that night and both made a point of finding me post match to say congratulations which was a nice touch. Certainly very different from my usual experience of Rangers fans.

To be honest it was worth it the pelting we got from above, probably the craziest I’ve seen our support when a goal went in, folk falling about all over the joint. Was good to see the faithful walking out with 12 mins still to go.

13 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

To be honest it was worth it the pelting we got from above, probably the craziest I’ve seen our support when a goal went in, folk falling about all over the joint. Was good to see the faithful walking out with 12 mins still to go.

Did we have a 1-1 draw with them at Ibrox some point in the league around then too?   1994 maybe?  I couldn't get a ticket for the Falkirk section and as I refused to miss a game in those days i got a ticket for the home end through a guy I worked with (i know I know) - was interesting trying to hold back when Falkirk scored....I was above the Falkirk fans too so that was equally bizarre.  Could be wrong but think we went 1-0 up and they equalised.  First and last time I watched a Falkirk game in the away end and concreted my hate for Rangers 

4 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I mind when Richie scored the second goal against them at Ibrox in the 2-1 cup victory in 1994 and everything rained down on us from the scum above. Horrible ground to visit, I wouldn’t be paying £31 either.

One of the best night’s supporting local team with full lower section of Away end  in bedlam with bouncing Bairns - recall the pies coming over onto us particularly after the sublime pass from Jay’s dad & Richies’s marvellous finish 

Oh for Fulton & Cadette double act in today’s generation 

19 minutes ago, fuzzydunlop said:

Did we have a 1-1 draw with them at Ibrox some point in the league around then too?   1994 maybe?  I couldn't get a ticket for the Falkirk section and as I refused to miss a game in those days i got a ticket for the home end through a guy I worked with (i know I know) - was interesting trying to hold back when Falkirk scored....I was above the Falkirk fans too so that was equally bizarre.  Could be wrong but think we went 1-0 up and they equalised.  First and last time I watched a Falkirk game in the away end and concreted my hate for Rangers 

This will be the game, that yellow strip was gorgeous 😍

4 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

One of the best night’s supporting local team with full lower section of Away end  in bedlam with bouncing Bairns - recall the pies coming over onto us particularly after the sublime pass from Jay’s dad & Richies’s marvellous finish 

Oh for Fulton & Cadette double act in today’s generation 

My other abiding memory of that night was my normally placid mate going ape over the fact that he had put a tenner in us winning at odds of 12 to 1 

1 minute ago, fuzzydunlop said:

thats the one, thought we'd gone 1 up, but that's my memory.... forgot about Huistra at 2.08, what a dick. 

I’m sure he scored for them at Brockville in a game they beat us and was goading the home support, he was a dick.