The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

Wonder if Hogarth will be first choice if he signs? Not convinced at all by Paddy Martin

If we are going that day afield I would think he would have to be first choice.

If it was just a backup keeper I imagine we would have got one more locally.

Can't say either of our keepers fill me with confidence.

29 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Had a good chuckle earlier. Got a txt from an ex work colleague (STJ) fan. Apparently their boycotting visiting one of the arse cheeks this weekend, as being charged £31. Gate will probably drop by around 30…..

Laughing at fans taking direct action to stop getting ripped off? Strange one.

32 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Had a good chuckle earlier. Got a txt from an ex work colleague (STJ) fan. Apparently their boycotting visiting one of the arse cheeks this weekend, as being charged £31. Gate will probably drop by around 30…..

I'd be boycotting them too at that price TBH. 

49 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I don't worry about the price, since its an absolutely fucking horrible place to go and best avoided. 

Paying 31 quid to watch a giant orange lodge fest while also getting pies, coins and piss chucked at you is a bit steep in my book. Fair play to the Saints boys. 

50 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I don't worry about the price, since its an absolutely fucking horrible place to go and best avoided. 

Used to not mind so much when we were in the bottom of the broomloan road stand at least but haven't been at a Falkirk game there since they stuck us in that wee corner. Only place worse is Celtic park where your actually lucky to get something to sit on and can't see half the bloody pitch unless you watch on a big screen. Both horrible places to go.

1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

Paying 31 quid to watch a giant orange lodge fest while also getting pies, coins and piss chucked at you is a bit steep in my book. Fair play to the Saints boys. 

Yep. At every other ground in Scotland, you can go on your own, with mates, or with kids, and be safe in the knowledge you wont be involved in any unsavoury hooligan type shit, which is entirely peoples choice to get involved in, but isn't for me. 

At Ibrox, you are going to get abused, spat at, shit thrown at you etc even when sat in the Stadium. I honestly wouldn't dream of taking my kids there and have no idea how their fans can justify that themselves. 

On 09/08/2022 at 22:40, Proudtobeabairn said:

Surely though if you're a professional footballer and not at the end of your career then you might take the chance to leave now, find a new club and actually play this season than be told you won't play for Falkirk and so you disappear from the game till next May.  

Say you're Nesbitt for example, only 25 and could probably get picked up by someone like Ayr or QOS (for example) and actually play this season.  Regardless of how pish we know they are, these guys will surely have some self belief and will want to try and save their career or kickstart it even by playing this season rather than sit on their hands just to be paid till May then they're out the game completely come May? 

I'd like to think we're telling some of these guys straight - they can sit on their arse if they want but their career could well be over if they do.  Go now or risk being out the game completely when their deal ends.   

Not when falkirk are wanting clubs to pay 80% of their wage. Fact.

No club in our division & certainly  below will pay that ...

41 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yep. At every other ground in Scotland, you can go on your own, with mates, or with kids, and be safe in the knowledge you wont be involved in any unsavoury hooligan type shit, which is entirely peoples choice to get involved in, but isn't for me. 

At Ibrox, you are going to get abused, spat at, shit thrown at you etc even when sat in the Stadium. I honestly wouldn't dream of taking my kids there and have no idea how their fans can justify that themselves. 

Because they're fed shit articles like this, folk telling them how wonderful Ibrox and Parkhead are for atmosphere; It takes 2 teams to play a football match, both sets of fans should be able to enjoy the "atmosphere", not just the home fans. These journos will go along and only see it from the home fans perspective, to give a really true picture they should go incognito as an away fan, they would be writing a different article then.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7731662/rangers-ibrox-uk-best-stadium-celtic-second/

Supposedly Cove are close to signing ex-Falkirk youth player Cieran Dunne who left for Sunderland in 2019 but is now a free agent.

Any Bairns fans remember him? Think he might have only played a handful of first team games.

It's only a rumour from a sports journalist at present so might not come to fruition. We also have a LB on loan from Aberdeen so not sure where Cieran would fit in. We have other positions that need filled first imo.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

9 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Supposedly Cove are close to signing ex-Falkirk youth player Cieran Dunne who left for Sunderland in 2019 but is now a free agent.

Any Bairns fans remember him? Think he might have only played a handful of first team games.

It's only a rumour from a sports journalist at present so might not come to fruition. We also have a LB on loan from Aberdeen so not sure where Cieran would fit in. We have other positions that need filled first imo.

He was more of a winger than a LB for us so maybe seen as a replacement for Leitch (who I can't believe still gets a game)

Dunne only played a few times for us.  Looked a decent prospect for a young player without getting anyone too excited.  May have bulked up a bit during his time with Sunderland.  

5 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

He was raw, but looked like a real prospect. The problem was he was plucked from nowhere and chucked in by Hartley when he was really struggling for anyone decent, and didnt really get the chance to develop. The pressure was on him straight away as a first team member.

8 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

He was more of a winger than a LB for us so maybe seen as a replacement for Leitch (who I can't believe still gets a game)

Dunne only played a few times for us.  Looked a decent prospect for a young player without getting anyone too excited.  May have bulked up a bit during his time with Sunderland.  

He looks to have bulked out having checked out a few photos. I can only imagine we'd sign him to play LW. 

Last season for Leitch with us hopefully. To be fair he can grab a few goals and has improved a bit but still needs to go if we have real ambitions to press on in the Championship.

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

He was raw, but looked like a real prospect. The problem was he was plucked from nowhere and chucked in by Hartley when he was really struggling for anyone decent, and didnt really get the chance to develop. The pressure was on him straight away as a first team member.

So far McIntyre's recruitment at Cove has probably been on par with Hartley's at Falkirk. 2 guaranteed failures out of the 3 we've brought in. Both from down south and both no way near good enough.

If we go for Cieran I hope he's a success. Heard he had a trial at Doncaster Rovers and Barrow, both EFL2, and did well but failed to get a contract.