The Falkirk FC Thread

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/we-need-to-forget-about-saturdays-defeat-quickly-says-falkirk-midfielder-nesbitt-3798073

We have to put the Airdrie match behind us. If we got that first goal it would have been different and these matches happen sometimes.

This article for me sums Nesbitt up, we had him as our captain a fair few games last season as well. 4-0 defeats just happen sometimes, if only we'd scored the first goal.

Edited by FFC 1876

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/we-need-to-forget-about-saturdays-defeat-quickly-says-falkirk-midfielder-nesbitt-3798073

We have to put the Airdrie match behind us. If we got that first goal it would have been different and these matches happen sometimes.

This article for me sums Nesbitt up, we had him as our captain a fair few games last season as well. 4-0 defeats just happen sometimes, if only we'd scored the first goal.

Aye if only we hadn't lost 16 games last season we might have gone up. These things happen.

22 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Always with the first goal. Get it in the sea, there's a better chance of you and yer cronies folding like a deck of cards once Airdrie decided to mix it and you not wanting to know. 

2 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

And rightly so, he's been told "sign or piss off" 

Personally I'm now not that fussed about us signing him. As you guys have said he was pretty gutless and had no fight. 

Our midfield on Saturday outfought your midfield pretty unequivocally so whilst he would bring experience I'm not sure he would bring the hunger and desire we have at present. 

He can score the occasional gem of a goal, but never ever takes a game by the scruff of the neck. Probably the most talented of our diminutive squad quad of him, McGuffie, Nesbitt and Morrison, but also the most inconsistent. Draws you in with a class performance in August, then Bonfire Night has come and gone before he gives another.

2 hours ago, CumbyDiamond said:

Unless someone comes in for them which is highly unlikely the only option is for Falkirk to buy out their contracts, would you leave your job for a drop in wages or possibly no job at all without severance / redundancy pay

The club cannot afford to buy out their contracts and they know no other club will want them. That is why they are still there McGlynn knew this when he took the job therefore his success depends on turning them round and getting them playing.

The only one he has managed to do that with is McKay.

2 hours ago, GeordieBairn said:

Think Hetherington has got it a bit light on here tbh, he was the worst player on the park on Saturday. Never seen a game pass someone by like that since…. Hetherington every game last season

Hetherington is that terrible it’s taken over a season to realise he’s left footed! His passing(don’t think I’ve ever seen him hit a shot) is that woeful with either foot I assumed he was right footed. It was only when he took a penalty against Morton that I realised. He’s like a combined collection of every poor attribute from Falkirk midfielders over the last few decades. The dig of John Henry or Brian Hamilton, the football brain of Neil Scally, the passing ability of Tom Taiwo and the pace of Gary Miller. Add in a dash of Paul Paton and that pretty much sums up how frighteningly poor he is.

Edited by Juan Sheet

21 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The club cannot afford to buy out their contracts and they know no other club will want them. That is why they are still there McGlynn knew this when he took the job therefore his success depends on turning them round and getting them playing.

Surely though if you're a professional footballer and not at the end of your career then you might take the chance to leave now, find a new club and actually play this season than be told you won't play for Falkirk and so you disappear from the game till next May.  

Say you're Nesbitt for example, only 25 and could probably get picked up by someone like Ayr or QOS (for example) and actually play this season.  Regardless of how pish we know they are, these guys will surely have some self belief and will want to try and save their career or kickstart it even by playing this season rather than sit on their hands just to be paid till May then they're out the game completely come May? 

I'd like to think we're telling some of these guys straight - they can sit on their arse if they want but their career could well be over if they do.  Go now or risk being out the game completely when their deal ends.   

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

Guest Caractacus Potts
On 08/08/2022 at 14:15, Kevin James Left Knee said:

You can criticise anyone you want and that is fine - but there are people on here with several accounts (as was shown only last week) who are trying to stir things up. This Board will make mistakes - probably in hindsight  Griffiths was one - and will be criticised for them but making new accounts because your old one was exposed seems to me shady. Why I would rather we all posted under our real names.

To be honest I don’t care what fans say what on here. I only care if it’s someone connected to the club.

When Shadwell was outed it was of no interest to me and quite frankly his private life shouldn’t be up for discussion. If he had been a director or someone within the club then that’s different. 

Avatar or not we are still accountable for what we say here.

With that in mind, I don’t think you should have been revealing that snippet about Callum Morrison having an addiction to Monster drinks and not taking his manager seriously. I’m not sure who leaked that or what purpose it serves to be told publicly, bizarre as it was. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

Guest Caractacus Potts
9 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

We can only hope that the contracts were as Rawlins stated and heavily incentivised so that if they are not playing then their basic wage is at such a level as to force them to look elsewhere.  

Edited by Caractacus Potts

9 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

We can only hope that the contacts were as Rawlins stated and heavily incentivised so that if they are not playing then their basic wage is at such a level as to force them to look elsewhere.  

Sadly, the vast majority are still playing. For the likes of Jaimie Wilson, even his basic is probably more than he would get offered elsewhere.

Remember how we were all cheering because somebody posted that Gary Holt couldn't get a job and was having to do his personal trainer thing? Maybe we should all be praying that he does get another job in football - he might then come along and take Hetherington, Nesbitt, McGuffie et al off our hands. He was the one that signed them in the first place.

I still think we're a long way from being confident the other squad options ahead of Nesbitt and co are better.

We're understandably putting the likes of Kai Kennedy in because we haven't seen him be bad, rather than we have seen him be good.

I wouldn't be surprised if we were still starting Nesbitt in November. 

1 hour ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I still think we're a long way from being confident the other squad options ahead of Nesbitt and co are better.

We're understandably putting the likes of Kai Kennedy in because we haven't seen him be bad, rather than we have seen him be good.

I wouldn't be surprised if we were still starting Nesbitt in November. 

Unless we see an enormous upturn in the basics of playing football by continuing to play/employ the aforementioned players each Saturday, or some good loanees in soon, I can only imagine how this will go down with the majority of support.