The Falkirk FC Thread

As much as Williamson is poor, Yeats was murder at RB on Saturday and we badly missed him in midfield.
I dont think he was murder. I also don't think he is as natural at RB as in midfield.

Against the lesser sides in out league, I think the need to have Yeats in midfield certainly outstrips the need to NOT play Williamson. I can understand why McGlynn might not wish to allow better teams to overload behind Williamson if he's caught up the park and rely on Donaldson to cover, but the reality is if we don't get Yeats in beside McGinn, and get Hetherington to f**k, there's a lack of drive there.

We were better against Montrose than we were against Airdrie, albeit the first half had clearer chances against Airdrie, but ultimately having swung back and forth on the Yeats to RB thing, I'm increasingly reaching the "live with Williamson, because the midfield needs Yeats more" camp.

Nesbitt and Hetherington need to be gone. I just hope McGlynn doesn’t do the “managerial pride” thing of continuing to pick them because he is the guy to get them performing……it isn’t going to happen.
They are part of the gang that have already sunk two managers, and Saturday showed that they won’t  have a problem in sinking a third.

6 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Nesbitt and Hetherington need to be gone. I just hope McGlynn doesn’t do the “managerial pride” thing of continuing to pick them because he is the guy to get them performing……it isn’t going to happen.
They are part of the gang that have already sunk two managers, and Saturday showed that they won’t  have a problem in sinking a third.

I thought nesbitt might have been an easier one to move on given his TV performances against Killie last season and Hibs this season. Scored in both and might have encouraged someone to take a punt.

I don’t think we were under any illusions that too many of last years dross were still going to be hanging around this year. The big disappointment for me is that 6 of them have featured so heavily. These guys should be spending their Saturday afternoon in Tesco not wearing our shirt. We need a few back from injury but I think we still need to find another couple of loans one way or another.

Just now, JulioBairn said:

I don’t think we were under any illusions that too many of last years dross were still going to be hanging around this year. The big disappointment for me is that 6 of them have featured so heavily. These guys should be spending their Saturday afternoon in Tesco not wearing our shirt. We need a few back from injury but I think we still need to find another couple of loans one way or another.

Up to Saturday we hadn’t lost a game, granted we have not looked great going forward. Up to this week where McGlynn has brought in 2/3 other players who else could he have played? 
I am sure we will see less of them now. 

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I honestly cannot explain the level of apoplectic seethe I will feel if Hetherington and Nesbitt start on Saturday. McGuffie I can just about stomach.

I’d add Morrison until he learns to shoot, pass or cross a decent ball, if that will ever happen.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

52 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Surely more reason to feel “managerial pride” if he succeeds in emptying them.

10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Up to Saturday we hadn’t lost a game, granted we have not looked great going forward. Up to this week where McGlynn has brought in 2/3 other players who else could he have played? 
I am sure we will see less of them now. 

That is my point. Despite better recruitment we’ve still had to include 6 of them far too often. A couple back from injury, the new boys from last week in and another loan or 2 and we won’t need to watch any of them as none are good enough. 

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Have a feeling that the gang of six, some may have been offered moves elsewhere, but maybe a large part of the reported “used/spent 800K” is a major factor in keeping them here till next season. 

Yes. I am aware a number of them will be here, my disappointment is the fact they have been on the park as much. If Kennedy and Henderson were fit, added to last weeks additions then that moves 4 of them out the team. 2 loans - RB and CM and they are all gone. I don’t think we’ll see them feature as much from here 🤞🏼

I wasn't at the game on Saturday, so I have no idea really how people played (other than overall poorly).  However.  Was Yeats not the RB for most of the league cup games and did well in them against stronger opposition?  I think its a bit harsh singling him out for criticism considering (a) he actually tries hard (b) he's pretty young and we know from when we had an academy young players aren't always 100% consistent esp if they are being shifted around where they play.  

Either way, yes I'd rather see him back in midfield and one of last years lot on the bench.

56 minutes ago, MetalWolf said:

I wasn't at the game on Saturday, so I have no idea really how people played (other than overall poorly).  However.  Was Yeats not the RB for most of the league cup games and did well in them against stronger opposition?  I think its a bit harsh singling him out for criticism considering (a) he actually tries hard (b) he's pretty young and we know from when we had an academy young players aren't always 100% consistent esp if they are being shifted around where they play.  

Either way, yes I'd rather see him back in midfield and one of last years lot on the bench.

Don’t think Yeats received much in the way of criticism it’s just that he is obviously needed in midfield, unfortunately our only other option at right back has the mobility and robustness of a very delicate ice statue.

Talking to a Hamilton supporting workmate and mentioned Alegria, he said that's the boy that was at Partick last season eh, saw him a few times he's an awful player. The more you hear stuff like this the more you do think he's just been signed to keep Morelos company and why the actual f**k did McGlynn decide to sign him on the basis of " he might just need a goal" when he asked Partick. I watched the highlights again earlier and I cannot fathom out what he was trying to do when he fell over in the box, it was like he was trying to kick the ball with his standing leg, not to mention on his debut he trod on the ball in the box and fell down. 

Talking to a Hamilton supporting workmate and mentioned Alegria, he said that's the boy that was at Partick last season eh, saw him a few times he's an awful player. The more you hear stuff like this the more you do think he's just been signed to keep Morelos company and why the actual f**k did McGlynn decide to sign him on the basis of " he might just need a goal" when he asked Partick. I watched the highlights again earlier and I cannot fathom out what he was trying to do when he fell over in the box, it was like he was trying to kick the ball with his standing leg, not to mention on his debut he trod on the ball in the box and fell down. 
Live, it looked like he went to square it but caught the ball with his left toe, leaving a fresh air shot for his right.

I had kind of hoped John would've changed tact a bit this season and gone heavily after more good league one players like savoury, brown,ballantyne and perhaps some of the Airdrie players etc and persuaded them Falkirk was the place to be. We seem to have again gone down the route of signing players from higher leagues which so far hasn't been very successful. 

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

I had kind of hoped John would've changed tact a bit this season and gone heavily after more good league one players like savoury, brown,ballantyne and perhaps some of the Airdrie players etc and persuaded them Falkirk was the place to be. We seem to have again gone down the route of signing players from higher leagues which so far hasn't been very successful. 

None of the shite performances have come from those guys though. 

It's the presence of 2 or 3 in the middle/forward line, and a lack of a quality signing there thats the issue. 

Donaldson, McGinn, Henderson, Mackie and Yeats are all definite pass marks for me so far from what I have seen. 

10 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

The assistant Pilot in the “Airplane” movie would be a better choice.