The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Watched it and it was brilliant again. Actually look forward to this on a Monday night now. It lifts my mood about the Bairns and gets me through the working week until the players f**k it up on a Saturday again 🙄

Cheers! It’s the hope that kills us eh 😂

9 hours ago, AGPar said:

It's got absolutely bugger all to do with "panic stations". The concession of four goals is not even the issue. Of the scoreline on Saturday, the far bigger problem is the nil part. Because, for all that we played some reasonable stuff at times in the first half, relative to last season at least, as soon as we lost the first goal we were never getting more than a point. And as soon as we lost the second, the game was completely finished. That's the massive defect in this squad. There are no goals, and precious little threat, therefore we are essentially relying on clean sheets to take points. Lose even one goal, and we know we are not winning football matches. A Falkirk team playing in the Third Division should be front-foot every single week, home and away, regardless of the opposition. We are a hundred million miles away from that with our gutless, hopeless, toothless forward players. Reduced to hoping someone with barely a minute of first-team football will come good (and maybe he will). Or ludicrous shouts of "but look at the holdup play" It's just desperate stuff.

Played two league games, 1 point, no goals, barely a chance created, 5 points off the top, a goal difference eight worse that the Pars. After two games. Two games against likely challengers and we have not laid a glove on them. Same problem we've had for years. If unhappiness with that situation, on the back of one of the worst seasons in living memory, is "panic stations", "knicker wetting" or any of the other shite being flung about by the head-in-sand, get behind the boys, COYB brigade, so be it. 

I'm not a happy clapper by any means, getting scudded off any mob in this league is embarrassing, what I'm saying is, it's the second league game of the season so I'm not getting my total knickers in a twist. Everyone this time last year had us romping the league after going to Airdrie and blowing them out the water in the first half, and like you say, we ended up having one of the worst sides in living memory. 

All I'm saying is, a lot of people seem to be writing the league off after 2 games when we've got another 34 to play. 

9 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

This. It really is bizarre the gymnastics some people are performing to try and defend poor performances. 

It reminds me of when people were proclaiming that ‘Don Hartley’’s signings would come good on the basis they had sleeve tattoos.

Mental Gymnastics 🤣

You're right lad, think I'll hand my season ticket back, no point going to any more games, seasons over already. 

43 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

I'm not a happy clapper by any means, getting scudded off any mob in this league is embarrassing, what I'm saying is, it's the second league game of the season so I'm not getting my total knickers in a twist. Everyone this time last year had us romping the league after going to Airdrie and blowing them out the water in the first half, and like you say, we ended up having one of the worst sides in living memory. 

All I'm saying is, a lot of people seem to be writing the league off after 2 games when we've got another 34 to play. 

I think those that are being realistic aren’t writing the league off after being pumped by Airdrie as we didn’t expect us to win the league anyway. Given we are starting with a really poor midfield and attack I can’t see how anyone expects us to win the league tbh.

I’ve said before, I’ll never accept any positives from a game like Saturday. We got pumped 4 fucking nil by Airdrie in the 3rd Division. I could not give a rats arse if we created a few half chances. Airdrie pumped as and it’s embarrassing!!

9 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think those that are being realistic aren’t writing the league off after being pumped by Airdrie as we didn’t expect us to win the league anyway. Given we are starting with a really poor midfield and attack I can’t see how anyone expects us to win the league tbh.

I’ve said before, I’ll never accept any positives from a game like Saturday. We got pumped 4 fucking nil by Airdrie in the 3rd Division. I could not give a rats arse if we created a few half chances. Airdrie pumped as and it’s embarrassing!!

Think we can all agree it's definitely embarrassing. Hope to god the two that are injured aren't out for long and our two new boys can provide something up top. 

Surely they can't be any worse than what we have already 😂

2 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Think we can all agree it's definitely embarrassing. Hope to god the two that are injured aren't out for long and our two new boys can provide something up top. 

Surely they can't be any worse than what we have already 😂

That team on Saturday was always going to struggle . Back to the same old issues in the middle of the park we've had for 2 or 3 seasons now.  Out fought and out run . Mcginn is a good player but hasn't the legs these days hetherington we know ain't good enough and neither is nesbitt.  We badly needed yeats industry and the young legs we've been crying out for for a while . Jameson, frizzell and McCabe were always going to win that battle. We never seem to learn but you'd have thought John would've seen that coming.

I think the only reason Yeats played right back over Williamson was to try nullify Callum Smith as much as possible, we all know Williamson's horrific at defending so I think that was the reasoning behind it.

Edited by FFC 1876

8 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I think the only reason Yeats played right back over Williamson was to try nullify Callum Smith as much as possible, we all know Williamson's horrific at defending so I think that was the reasoning behind it.

How did that work out? 

16 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

How did that work out? 

I can only think of Smith having the one shot in the first half and nothing in the second half as it was Frizzell that played both of the through balls for the 1st and 3rd goal so pretty well I'd say. 

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

I can only think of Smith having the one shot in the first half and nothing in the second half as it was Frizzell that played both of the through balls for the 1st and 3rd goal so pretty well I'd say. 

Smith was involved in 2 of the goals, rarely lost the ball and got plenty of joy down the left but carry on. 😂😂

McGlynn deserves the plaudits for being the only manager to get a tune out of Brad McKay. That was a piece of early season humble pie that we all had to chew on. An impressive achievement.

However, when we see a line up that includes Morrison, McGuffie, Nesbitt and Hetherington, and the opposition aren’t dug meat, then it doesn’t take Nostradamus to predict the outcome.

Collectively we have been hanging onto scraps for way too long. Especially in the last year. It’s hard to think of another time when the support have had to endure multiple players putting in crap performances on two dozen or more occasions in little more than a single season for multiple managers and yet still be selected to start games.

If there are loan players still to come, please God, let it be players who can push Nesbitt McGuffie and Hetherington out of contention.

I’m sure there will be many who will say “ it’s not McGlynns fault for having so much shite to work with, which I don’t have any issues with, but surely it was made explicitly clear how many charlatans were cheating the club before M&S signed up. Like the DF post above, can only hope that there is some players to come in. 

9 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I’m sure there will be many who will say “ it’s not McGlynns fault for having so much shite to work with, which I don’t have any issues with, but surely it was made explicitly clear how many charlatans were cheating the club before M&S signed up. Like the DF post above, can only hope that there is some players to come in. 

I am sure he was well aware what he was walking into but that does not make it any easier to move on the wage thieves.

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

I think the only reason Yeats played right back over Williamson was to try nullify Callum Smith as much as possible

Could honestly give you a hundred reasons why Yeats is a better right back than Williamson.

6 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

As much as Williamson is poor, Yeats was murder at RB on Saturday and we badly missed him in midfield.

Williamson was not any better, conceded same goals in lot less time, plus he is an absolute pea heart, clearly doesn't care a jot if Falkirk qwin or lose, least the boy Yeats tries.