The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, MrDust said:

The 3rd tier with our budget without reaching the play offs, tells you to find a different career path than football management.

Generally I am beginning to find this type of comment irksome.

Plenty of teams who don't have our budget are regularly outperforming and on occasion embarrassing us.

Money is a factor but it can't be the be-all and end-all or we'd surely have changed approach since relegation.

I'll be interested to see our midfield on Saturday as going back to Dick Campbell's mantra that you should only sign players who are better than you've got (or will make you better)* then I'd hope Lawal will start having presumably trained all week. 

If it's the same lineup with the expected reshuffles then why spend it on punts or squad players.

Tbh I think McGlynn said the players on the bench should be of the same quality as those they are replacing and ideally we would be running with a smaller squad. So far we have 27/8 players now if the theme is pish quality then we are doing outstandingly well. I'd also add our budget as it were isn't going to last forever and I think if we are stuck in this league next season then we are in deep shit. 

39 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Exactly, said the same to my mates at the game, we were arguably the better side until Airdrie scored. If Morrison takes one of his 45 chances (😅) the game could've been different. 

Lots of posters on here at panic stations because we conceded two late goals down to ten men. The game was done, if we don't take maximum points from our next two games, then I'll jump on the panic boat. 

Not so sure that there’s many posters at “panic station” just reality station. However do agree that anything less maximum points won’t have us in a good place.

45 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Exactly, said the same to my mates at the game, we were arguably the better side until Airdrie scored. If Morrison takes one of his 45 chances (😅) the game could've been different. 

Lots of posters on here at panic stations because we conceded two late goals down to ten men. The game was done, if we don't take maximum points from our next two games, then I'll jump on the panic boat. 

It's got absolutely bugger all to do with "panic stations". The concession of four goals is not even the issue. Of the scoreline on Saturday, the far bigger problem is the nil part. Because, for all that we played some reasonable stuff at times in the first half, relative to last season at least, as soon as we lost the first goal we were never getting more than a point. And as soon as we lost the second, the game was completely finished. That's the massive defect in this squad. There are no goals, and precious little threat, therefore we are essentially relying on clean sheets to take points. Lose even one goal, and we know we are not winning football matches. A Falkirk team playing in the Third Division should be front-foot every single week, home and away, regardless of the opposition. We are a hundred million miles away from that with our gutless, hopeless, toothless forward players. Reduced to hoping someone with barely a minute of first-team football will come good (and maybe he will). Or ludicrous shouts of "but look at the holdup play" It's just desperate stuff.

Played two league games, 1 point, no goals, barely a chance created, 5 points off the top, a goal difference eight worse that the Pars. After two games. Two games against likely challengers and we have not laid a glove on them. Same problem we've had for years. If unhappiness with that situation, on the back of one of the worst seasons in living memory, is "panic stations", "knicker wetting" or any of the other shite being flung about by the head-in-sand, get behind the boys, COYB brigade, so be it. 

8 minutes ago, AGPar said:

It's got absolutely bugger all to do with "panic stations". The concession of four goals is not even the issue. Of the scoreline on Saturday, the far bigger problem is the nil part. Because, for all that we played some reasonable stuff at times in the first half, relative to last season at least, as soon as we lost the first goal we were never getting more than a point. And as soon as we lost the second, the game was completely finished. That's the massive defect in this squad. There are no goals, and precious little threat, therefore we are essentially relying on clean sheets to take points. Lose even one goal, and we know we are not winning football matches. A Falkirk team playing in the Third Division should be front-foot every single week, home and away, regardless of the opposition. We are a hundred million miles away from that with our gutless, hopeless, toothless forward players. Reduced to hoping someone with barely a minute of first-team football will come good (and maybe he will). Or ludicrous shouts of "but look at the holdup play" It's just desperate stuff.

Played two league games, 1 point, no goals, barely a chance created, 5 points off the top, a goal difference eight worse that the Pars. After two games. Two games against likely challengers and we have not laid a glove on them. Same problem we've had for years. If unhappiness with that situation, on the back of one of the worst seasons in living memory, is "panic stations", "knicker wetting" or any of the other shite being flung about by the head-in-sand, get behind the boys, COYB brigade, so be it. 

This. It really is bizarre the gymnastics some people are performing to try and defend poor performances. 

It reminds me of when people were proclaiming that ‘Don Hartley’’s signings would come good on the basis they had sleeve tattoos.

I'd also add I don't get this the first goal is all important,  it's like admitting you can't come from behind and I hear a lot of managers say it particularly in the championship or lower what does that say do to the players mentality. Are teams incapable of coming back? You never heard that pish in Jefferies era you just got on with it you were never beat till the full time whistle if it was a close game. 

I would take two part time Crawford Bapties in exchange for McGuffie and Nesbitt. Then we would be real contenders. If McGuffie and Nesbitt start, then it’s always going to be a difficult 90 minutes.

10 minutes ago, Bairn winner said:

The Jefferies era, the most enjoyable time I had as a Falkirk supporter. The players\the style of football, it actually makes you weep to see where we are now.

Fantastic time under Jeffries, without any doubt he would have got rid of the five or so charlatans this morning (sorry close season) wouldn’t have seen them again. 

4 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I would take two part time Crawford Bapties in exchange for McGuffie and Nesbitt. Then we would be real contenders. If McGuffie and Nesbitt start, then it’s always going to be a difficult 90 minutes.

Baptie in the Hearts demolition (6-0?)was just about perfect. 

The performance on Saturday wasn't anywhere near acceptable, regardless of the mental acrobatics some are pulling and regardless of whether we conceded 2 or 4 goals. If it had finished 2-0, I'd still have come on here calling it gutless, weak and shite, because it would have been. 

2 minutes ago, Bairn winner said:

What we would give now to have a midfield player like the man sitting in the Peterhead dugout on Saturday, Davie Nicholls.

Pretty high up my list of favourite midfielders in 40 years watching this team - Latapy and Vaulks ahead and not a great many more.

Determination, hardasfuck, a regular goal threat and long serving.

4 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Episode 3 out now 🎙⚽💙

Got it on already👍 really appreciating how open it is and the fact it isn't club affiliated. This means it isn't scared to look at controversial issues as well calling a spade a spade; when something doesn't seem right, or someone is just absolutely shite and everyone and their dug can see it, you can just say it. It balances out well with some optimism in there too which we all need right now. Good listen!

Edited by 18BAIRN76

5 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Got it on already👍 really appreciating how open it is and the fact it isn't club affiliated. This means it isn't scared to look at controversial issues as well calling a spade a spade; when something doesn't seem right, or someone is just absolutely shite and everyone and their dug can see it, you can just say it. It balances out well with some optimism in there too which we all need right now. Good listen!

Cheers for listening & the feedback 👍🏼

Im usually on the optimistic side/Navy tinted glasses etc but we are just trying to be who we are & if we were talking about it in the pub. Won’t be for everyone but if enough people listen/watch & comment then great. 

Everyday fans on each week too where we can ✊🏼💙

12 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Episode 3 out now 🎙⚽💙

Watched it and it was brilliant again. Actually look forward to this on a Monday night now. It lifts my mood about the Bairns and gets me through the working week until the players f**k it up on a Saturday again 🙄

Was great to see one of my buds on as the guest fan tonight too.

Edited by Harry Kinnear