The Falkirk FC Thread

36 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Don't know the ins and outs but I assume that as Kennedy was injured with us we don't have the option to return him and pay nothing.  I expect we have to pay whatever fee we've agreed with Rangers until the end of the agreement regardless of whether he's injured or not.  

There's normally ways of getting out these agreements. I remember Patrick loaned a boy off rangers a couple of seasons ago when they were in league one with us. They then got the chance to get in tiffoney but had used up their loans so they punted the boy back to rangers two weeks into the loan so they could get tiffoney in.

26 minutes ago, champions said:

Rangers are paying his wages whilst he is unavailable. Info came indirectly via Kenny Jamieson.

That's good although we'd still need to keep the money aside in the budget to pay him when he returns in a couple of months. Still means we're another man down till then. Be better if we could put the loan off till January and get another player in meanwhile.

6 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

That's good although we'd still need to keep the money aside in the budget to pay him when he returns in a couple of months. Still means we're another man down till then. Be better if we could put the loan off till January and get another player in meanwhile.

Was told last season both the old firm don’t normally charge clubs when their respective players are selected, but if not selected you pay whatever the agreement is. Ensures their players are getting game  time.

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Was told last season both the old firm don’t normally charge clubs when their respective players are selected, but if not selected you pay whatever the agreement is. Ensures their players are getting game  time.

Given our financial position I hope that doesn’t mean we are forced to play Alegria or Kennedy if they are not in form ?

23 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

That one surprises me its, I don't know if its a confidence issue or it looks like he can't be arsed tbh, can't work out which.

Absolutely is a confidence thing with RW. He was such a promising youngster with us due to his attacking side, teams couldn't handle his pace etc then he dislocated his knee cap. Came back, done okay and then within a few months he had a double leg break. When he did return the boys confidence was shattered. He had his best moments when we had a team of brilliant players, when we were winning he was unplayable but if he ends up in a team taking the occasional do in with the fans on the players backs from the get go then he'll hide.

21 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Absolutely is a confidence thing with RW. He was such a promising youngster with us due to his attacking side, teams couldn't handle his pace etc then he dislocated his knee cap. Came back, done okay and then within a few months he had a double leg break. When he did return the boys confidence was shattered. He had his best moments when we had a team of brilliant players, when we were winning he was unplayable but if he ends up in a team taking the occasional do in with the fans on the players backs from the get go then he'll hide.

He seems terrified to put in a tackle or get stuck in these days. You can't do that in league one that's for sure.

10 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

He seems terrified to put in a tackle or get stuck in these days. You can't do that in league one that's for sure.

To be brutally honest he’s one of the worse RBs I’ve seen. I’m sure there was a few warnings from PT fans when signed. 

18 minutes ago, Springfield said:

To be brutally honest he’s one of the worse RBs I’ve seen. I’m sure there was a few warnings from PT fans when signed. 

I was always impressed with him when the pars played us but he's a shadow of that player unfortunately.

16 hours ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Wonder who this is - a new account made especially to criticise the current board? No agenda here I guess. /s

This is exactly what I mean, even valid criticism is shouted down as some sort of agenda from the new guys. Why is that? What I’ve said is a perfectly legitimate complaint and not in the slightest abusive. Attempting to silence legitimate concerns is not a good look. 

Looking back at the Airdrie game, they didn’t have a single circus pony on show who could dance around the ball and do little pirouettes in the middle of the park. They had no-one who fully checked out of the game if they didn’t have the ball.

We had two, and if you want to be hard nosed about it wrt Morrison, then we had three.

Add in Hetherington’s continued streak of not giving a performance worthy of the name, then for me, that’s why we can still throw in performances like Saturday…….just like any given Saturday last season. 

If you add in Williamson (and let’s be honest, the guy more than anyone has a legitimate back story as to why he isn’t the player he used to be) then it’s not good.

As long as those guys feature, we go into every game effectively two or three men down. They are near enough the constants from last season.

3 minutes ago, AdamAnt said:

This is exactly what I mean, even valid criticism is shouted down as some sort of agenda from the new guys. Why is that? What I’ve said is a perfectly legitimate complaint and not in the slightest abusive. Attempting to silence legitimate concerns is not a good look. 

You can criticise anyone you want and that is fine - but there are people on here with several accounts (as was shown only last week) who are trying to stir things up. This Board will make mistakes - probably in hindsight  Griffiths was one - and will be criticised for them but making new accounts because your old one was exposed seems to me shady. Why I would rather we all posted under our real names.

4 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

You can criticise anyone you want and that is fine - but there are people on here with several accounts (as was shown only last week) who are trying to stir things up. This Board will make mistakes - probably in hindsight  Griffiths was one - and will be criticised for them but making new accounts because your old one was exposed seems to me shady. Why I would rather we all posted under our real names.

So to clarify, you concede my criticism is valid, yet still accuse me of having an agenda? I don’t get that logic. 

I have to be honest I’d be a tad peeved with my parents if they named me Kevin James Left Knee but fair play for practicing what you preach and posting under your real name. 

The idea that the Griffiths signing was a "board mistake" is just mental to me. Cash was available and Rennie gambled he'd be the spark we needed to reach the playoffs. It didn't work out, fine. The board should not have any say over who is signed

ETa - Apart from you know who, who could've killed the club stone dead

Edited by bairn88

On 04/08/2022 at 10:09, Bainsfordbairn said:

I assume this refers to me?

That’s not a new one; I’ve been accused of being a board sycophant / areselicker (inset any random insult here) by multiple people in relation to different boards over the years. Usually in an attempt to discredit something I’ve said.  

Which part of the current board am I reporting to?

Is it all of them? There appears to be a disagreement between one former board member and presumably two of the others, at least judging by your claims. Am I on the side of the FSS, which I should be given that I’m a member, just as I was of Bairnstrust? Or am I siding with the two patrons and reporting back to them? Or am I part of some fiendish plot by the old MSG board to undermine everybody? 😆

It’s complete nonsense, just like most of the conspiracies that get aired on here.

I have no communications or contacts with anyone of the board. The only time I normally see them is when they walk into the office on a day I’m working there. Two of them - Nigel Serafini & Kenny Jamieson - are folk I’ve barely spoken to, though when we have chatted I’ve found them to be pleasant & personable. The same description would apply to former director Douglas Moodie.

Of the remaining two, I like Gordon Wright. He seems to be at most of the youth games I watch and any director that goes to see the kids gets brownie points from me. He often stops to chat about their performance when he’s walking along the touchline at the end of a game. I just find him to be a pleasant, inoffensive old man.

As I think I said previously, Keith Gourlay and I are former work colleagues. He always makes a point of coming over for a blether when he sees me and we do get on well. I’d describe us as being friendly but not quite friends. We didn’t keep in touch during the 20 years our careers diverged and we’re not in touch now, despite your insinuations to the contrary.

That’s probably all I want to say on board stuff as I think folk are getting bored with it.

Just caught up with this. Curious as to why you latched onto it being about you? I don’t think anyone else read it and then assumed it was in relation to them, so was wondering why you bit on that particular post in the manner that you did.

I've no idea why people are so desperate to know who everyone else really is. Never used to be like that on here. We always managed to discuss and argue things and noone gave a monkeys who was who.  I for one don't give a toss who anyone is and what they do in their lives all I know is the vast majority are Falkirk fans.  Some people are happy to let others know who they are and that's fine. At the end of the day it's a forum you believe what you want to believe and that's up to you.

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

The idea that the Griffiths signing was a "board mistake" is just mental to me. Cash was available and Rennie gambled he'd be the spark we needed to reach the playoffs. It didn't work out, fine. The board should not have any say over who is signed

The money was to be used to sign a striker that window the manager signed the wrong striker. Not much else you can say on the matter.

5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I've no idea why people are so desperate to know who everyone else really is. Never used to be like that on here. We always managed to discuss and argue things and noone gave a monkeys who was who.  I for one don't give a toss who anyone is and what they do in their lives all I know is the vast majority are Falkirk fans.  Some people are happy to let others know who they are and that's fine. At the end of the day it's a forum you believe what you want to believe and that's up to you.

There is a small subset in any generally online/anonymous group that feels they need to , hell, have a right to know who everyone is and exactly what they might really know. Tends to be the same types that insist that everything must be disclosed in various things, and are actually just nosy as hell and probably bored out of their skulls at their dull lives.

The classic example is pretty common on sitcoms etc, the neighbor who sits knitting/reading the paper by the window so he/she doesn’t miss who is visiting whom and what people are going where in the neighborhood. The best cure is, unfortunately, outing them instead, and while that’s dropping to their level, it does tend to make them pull back a while. It also seems more prevalent now, at least here in the U.S., since the various conspiracy stuff that started with the Clinton’s in the 90’s has turned into a fun blooded “truth-seeking” mob since Obama had the temerity to get “elected”.

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

The board mistake was appointing Rennie. That was a monumental f**k up. The worst manager in our history - who sanctioned that I have no idea but it was diabolical from the board.

I agree though that once the manager is in place the board shouldn't be blamed for their signings.

I didn't mind the Griffiths signing at the time but I had no idea he was so done. The Dundee fans told us though.. as indeed the Partick fans told us how awful Alegria is.