The Falkirk FC Thread

Seeing Gary Holt unlikely to get another footballing gig other than whatever crumbs Killie choose to throw his way is absolutely no comfort given the damage he has inflicted to FFC. Perhaps his appointment was Gary Deans and CO’s single biggest screw up of their tenure…..and there’s been plenty to choose from.
Probably too much expectation on McGlynn being able to transform dead wood into fine young oaks, and/or having a game face that somehow could get rid of every dumpling on the books.
Gary Deans was a loudmouth twat from the word go.

We don’t even have to play them . Just tell unless you mutually terminate your contract you won’t be getting played . Pay them for sitting on the sidelines .make them train with the reserves . They don’t have to be played . I understand this is counter productive . But mentally drain them by saying you won’t be getting anywhere near the 1st team . They are doing hee haw to help us anyway so no big miss 

9 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

If we want to do anything this season ie make the playoffs then he simply has to try and get shot of at least some of them. How I really don't know but if he doesn't then I can see us doing no better than last year. It won't take long for our steadyish defence (pre yesterday) to lose confidence if there's a constant barrage of pressure on them from the opponents  as Nesbitt and co go AWOL week in week out.

Hes not going to get rid of any giving them a game every week though. Only way is to play hard ball and say you can sit on the bench or find yourself another side.  Sitting back hoping that a player will decide to move on under their own volitions isn't going to work. Playing mcguffie, nesbitt, hetherington and Morrison  together is never going to get you results. You'd probably get away with one but certainly no more than that. We've now had two transfer windows to replace these guys and yet they're still blooming starting games. Bcant see where any big injections of cash will come in given the recent financial concerns the bod have mentioned I'm more concerned about us getting through the season never mind paying off or getting players.

Edited by Shodwall cat

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

Hes not going to get rid of any giving them a game every week though. Only way is to play hard ball and say you can sit on the bench or find yourself another side.  Sitting back hoping that a player will decide to move on under their own volitions isn't going to work. Playing mcguffie, nesbitt, hetherington and Morrison  together is never going to get you results. You'd probably get away with one but certainly no more than that. We've now had two transfer windows to replace these guys and yet they're still blooming starting games. 

Trouble with that is its a lack of options we do have them but presently they are injured Kai Kennedy for one, In perspective it is the 2nd game and a long way to go but as you say with 4 of them we are starting with 7 men  basically. Its the length of contract bawbag handed out and how in the name of f**k can anyone have thought they were good Hetherington aside but I mean ffs a 4 goal striker even at league one level there are/were probably defenders with a better goal scoring record. Nesbitt and McGuffie I can't think of anyone ever posting I wish we had them and Morrison I think just seems to be following the crowd and saying f*ck it.

4 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Which everyone is quite rightly allowed to pissed off it. On the face of it 4-0 to anyone who wasn’t at the game is a total pumping but we need to pick the bones of it. 

At not point in that game, until maybe the last 5 minutes, did I think we’d lose by that margin or be pumped. It just wasn’t that type of game. Anyone who sees we lost 4-0 would think we were under the cosh from minute 1 to minute 90 and it simply wasn’t the case. That’s why I made the earlier comment “it was never a 4-0 game”. A 4-0 score line yes but never a 4-0 game as it completely flattered Airdrie.

The full situation is made worse because of what happened last year, rightly so. But at no point was that ever like the Queen’s Park game. Sitting at Firhill it was like Queen’s Park would score with every single attack and dominated from the first minute. That’s not what happened yesterday. Luck was shining more on Airdrie yesterday with the two fortuitous goals. 

My biggest annoyance would be at the chances we wasted again with Morrison in particular being the biggest culprit. 

You're funny 😂😂♦️♦️

Reading a lot of the comments re Nesbitt, Morrison and McGuffie with interest and wanted to add that two 10 year old kids in my street were positive in their views last week that Nesbitt should have been subbed first and couldnt work out how he stayed on so long. Their main comment about Nesbitt was he moves his feet quickly but doesnt actually do anything. 

I'd also add that the Montrose game was the second game they had been at, the first game was the Hibs game.

They're 10 and can see Nesbitt's terrible 

Guest Caractacus Potts

I really don’t think it’s going to get us anywhere if we continue shifting of blame every time we’re struggling. 

Yes the last board done a lot of damage however they’ve been gone for 8 months now and it’s not like bad decisions haven’t been made or money wasted since then. Let’s have a bit of honesty and start learning from our mistakes. 

2 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Not to go all crowdwanky but it's disgusting we have this standard of squad given the healthy ST sales and home crowds plus fan injections from Patrons and monthly subscriptions 

From the outside, it does seem pretty inexplicable.

Missing out even on the play-offs during the last two seasons is pretty impressive underachievement.  

Still early days this time though.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Hes not going to get rid of any giving them a game every week though. Only way is to play hard ball and say you can sit on the bench or find yourself another side.  Sitting back hoping that a player will decide to move on under their own volitions isn't going to work. Playing mcguffie, nesbitt, hetherington and Morrison  together is never going to get you results. You'd probably get away with one but certainly no more than that. We've now had two transfer windows to replace these guys and yet they're still blooming starting games. Bcant see where any big injections of cash will come in given the recent financial concerns the bod have mentioned I'm more concerned about us getting through the season never mind paying off or getting players.

They are starting games because they are taking the wages that would be used on replacements.

Unless new investment miraculously appears we are lumbered with Morrison, Nesbit, ,Wilson, Ross, Heatherington, Williamson, McCann and McGuffie.

Huge amount of money being wasted on dross.

33 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I really don’t think it’s going to get us anywhere if we continue shifting of blame every time we’re struggling. 

Yes the last board done a lot of damage however they’ve been gone for 8 months now and it’s not like bad decisions haven’t been made or money wasted since then. Let’s have a bit of honesty and start learning from our mistakes. 

It is the reality of the situation though. Whether we look at where we were in January or we are now. If you want to clear them out it will cost more than we can afford because of the stupid contracts awarded by Gary Holt to utter jobbers. 

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

It is the reality of the situation though. Whether we look at where we were in January or we are now. If you want to clear them out it will cost more than we can afford because of the stupid contracts awarded by Gary Holt to utter jobbers. 

You can go even further back though. The club are starting behind clubs with much smaller fan bases because of the overheads we have at the stadium. It’s an absolute killer financially.

9 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

You can go even further back though. The club are starting behind clubs with much smaller fan bases because of the overheads we have at the stadium. It’s an absolute killer financially.

I agree, we have been very badly run and previous boards have made horrendous mistakes. One of the main ones being the stadium, the way it was financed and the massive main stand that used most of the budget.

57 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

They are starting games because they are taking the wages that would be used on replacements.

Unless new investment miraculously appears we are lumbered with Morrison, Nesbit, ,Wilson, Ross, Heatherington, Williamson, McCann and McGuffie.

Huge amount of money being wasted on dross.

McCann is not dross. The rest I'll give you.

Obviously depending on whether PJ or McKay are available, nest week I'd go:

PJ

Donaldson, McKay, Mackie

Ross, Yeats, McGinn, McCann

Lawal

Oliver, Burrell

Guest Caractacus Potts
34 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

True but then plenty of money was wasted in January. Said at the time only the BoD would know financially how much of a risk it was to bring in Griffiths and it didn’t pay off. That money could have been used to help sort this squad out. Same with the Finlay Malcolm contract. At least we didn’t have to pay off Rennie anyway. 

4 hours ago, Blame Me said:

I'll disagree. He ran out-of-puff 2nd half but he's miles better than Hetherington or Nesbitt.  

McGuffie waltzed out of 3 Airdrie challenges with top footwork in one passage of play and set us away. There is a player in there but we are lacking confidence and hopefully wins will breed that.

I said last week that given the options available to us, McGuffie would start ahead of both of those also mentioned. I'd agree with you that he's more talented and has more to offer than either. However, I do still maintain that in a well-performing Falkirk team, even in League One, McGuffie would be no more than a squad player. I suppose it shows you where we're at that he is the best of a bad bunch.

McCann is not dross. The rest I'll give you.
Obviously depending on whether PJ or McKay are available, nest week I'd go:
                        PJ
     Donaldson, McKay, Mackie
  Ross, Yeats, McGinn, McCann
                     Lawal
                Oliver, Burrell

As mentioned earlier, if McCann can’t get in the starting 11 against Peterhead next week he never will. And if the general consensus amongst management and fans is that he’s dross, send him back to Airdrie asap. Thanks

33 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I agree, we have been very badly run and previous boards have made horrendous mistakes. One of the main ones being the stadium, the way it was financed and the massive main stand that used most of the budget.

Been through this a few times the council screwed the club big time weel seeing it was a Labour Council who have never had goodwill towards the club ( too many old firm supporters for my liking Goldie for example )

Imagine owning seats but not the stands they sit on compounded by owning the pitch but not the ground it occupies.

In other words our share of the stadium is worthless and therefore cannot be used as collateral for any loans.

Was against it from the start and as hard as it would have been should have redeveloped Brockville bit by bit.

How much would it cost to buy out the council share and their ownership of the surrounding land for example the car park?

Take out a loan on say a 40 year mortgage. 

2 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

As mentioned earlier, if McCann can’t get in the starting 11 against Peterhead next week he never will. And if the general consensus amongst management and fans is that he’s dross, send him back to Airdrie asap. Thanks

Remember the days when we had a midfield that put the fear of god in every team we played Alston, Sibbald, McGrandles and Vaulks. We put ours out and more or less said match us if you can.

You don't know what you've got till its gone