The Falkirk FC Thread

Wouldn’t say there has been an overreaction from Falkirk fans as they’ve watched their team in the pub league for a good few years now, but surely this talk of “another year in this league” already is utter nonsense? You had possibly the hardest start to the season you could get, and the games haven’t went your way. You’ll be disappointed given the hype around the manager and players he’s signed, but I can tell you for free that a few of them will be wasters, and your manager is a complete mumbleclown when it all boils down to it. Expect more ramblings post match. If we beat you, he’ll be a fucking seething mess, especially if we’ve dominated the game and won comfortably. He’s a complete banger of a man. I’d still have Falkirk as favourites to win the league though. It’s early days.

8 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Wonder what kind of ball park figure would be needed to clear the club of the likes of Nesbitt, Morrison, McGuffie, Williamson, Wilson, Hetherington, Ross etc. We could start a Go Fund Me, sure loads of folk would “Help a Bairn” in need 😁

Even getting shot of half them would help.

Its peoples livelihoods and family commitments we are talking about and many will have financial arrangements tied into the contacts they have.

As a responsible employer and to have credibility in future signing negotiations these individuals have to be treated fairly.

Ballpark 50% of the value of the remainder of their contacts let's say 15k each tax free to go now. 

Why they're not been binned is simple. The club can't afford it.

Like it or not the clubs progress this season depends on McGlynn coaching something out of them and setting up a system of play to get the most out of them.

20 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Wonder what kind of ball park figure would be needed to clear the club of the likes of Nesbitt, Morrison, McGuffie, Williamson, Wilson, Hetherington, Ross etc. We could start a Go Fund Me, sure loads of folk would “Help a Bairn” in need 😁

Even getting shot of half them would help.

Pretty suprised you can't get a tune out of Williamson, he's won this league twice.

41 minutes ago, 101 said:

Pretty suprised you can't get a tune out of Williamson, he's won this league twice.

That one surprises me its, I don't know if its a confidence issue or it looks like he can't be arsed tbh, can't work out which.

It doesn't t help that thanks to Holt he has managed to assemble single handedly the worst team in Falkirk history arguably its up there with Hartleys signings of Dallison, Lewis etc.

I swear that c*nt Holt was sent to ruin us.

Edited by AL-FFC

16 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Its peoples livelihoods and family commitments we are talking about and many will have financial arrangements tied into the contacts they have.

As a responsible employer and to have credibility in future signing negotiations these individuals have to be treated fairly.

Ballpark 50% of the value of the remainder of their contacts let's say 15k each tax free to go now. 

Why they're not been binned is simple. The club can't afford it.

Like it or not the clubs progress this season depends on McGlynn coaching something out of them and setting up a system of play to get the most out of them.

So as BPM says we are looking around the £100k mark. It’s a lot of money and would be a gamble but you wonder the cost of us not going up.

24 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Wouldn’t say there has been an overreaction from Falkirk fans as they’ve watched their team in the pub league for a good few years now, but surely this talk of “another year in this league” already is utter nonsense? You had possibly the hardest start to the season you could get, and the games haven’t went your way. You’ll be disappointed given the hype around the manager and players he’s signed, but I can tell you for free that a few of them will be wasters, and your manager is a complete mumbleclown when it all boils down to it. Expect more ramblings post match. If we beat you, he’ll be a fucking seething mess, especially if we’ve dominated the game and won comfortably. He’s a complete banger of a man. I’d still have Falkirk as favourites to win the league though. It’s early days.

Don’t quite follow you here, are you not being a bit contradictory? Your telling us on one hand the manager is no good and the players he’s signed are wasters yet you put us as favourites to win the league?! 

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

I'll disagree. He ran out-of-puff 2nd half but he's miles better than Hetherington or Nesbitt.  

McGuffie waltzed out of 3 Airdrie challenges with top footwork in one passage of play and set us away. There is a player in there but we are lacking confidence and hopefully wins will breed that.

I wouldn't put McGuffie in same boat as the rest mentioned, he would be aok for a squad player. Hetherington and Nesbitt would top my list, Hetherington brings absolutely nothing to the team and is one of the worst centre mids we have had.

37 minutes ago, 101 said:

I'm guessing he's had his share of injuries that he's scared to play his previous commitment level to avoid injury, he is basically shit feart on the park now.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Exactly mate. McGlynn will need 3 seasons minimum - we need stability.

With upmost respect, we need out of this league (this year) however let’s be honest with playing the downed tooled brigade, it’s likely at best two years. A third year and it’s definitely part time at best. The club has been backed against all odds, but the lack of further backing (FSS) is “enough is enough”

58 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I imagine supporting the mighty bairns has taken a toll on you, forgetting last year won the league 3 weeks in after beating airdrie when you were down to 10 men for half the game. But you're right we aren't the same team as last year, we have got even better at pumping your lot.

Sorry my friend, but that really is just a bloody awful troll attempt. You just beaten us 4 zip, and you come up with that?

Trolling isn’t for everyone, and it most certainly isn’t for you.

12 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Sorry my friend, but that really is just a bloody awful troll attempt. You just beaten us 4 zip, and you come up with that?

Trolling isn’t for everyone, and it most certainly isn’t for you.

My friend, since when was stating the obvious trolling? No worries though, in McGlynn you trust and all that COYB 

Don’t quite follow you here, are you not being a bit contradictory? Your telling us on one hand the manager is no good and the players he’s signed are wasters yet you put us as favourites to win the league?! 

Didn’t say he was a bad manager as such, just think he is a complete whopper of a guy.

The aim of the club is to be back in the top league by 2026.
Source: John McGlynn at recent FSS event.

Good to see that as well as The Killers concerts being hosted by yourselves there are also comedy events as well.

26 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Not to go all crowdwanky but it's disgusting we have this standard of squad given the healthy ST sales and home crowds plus fan injections from Patrons and monthly subscriptions 

Remember we have over 750k in the bank going into last season. Patrons invested c250k, BFL 15kish and FSS c35kish and it was no enough to turn this squad over. Does that not tell you how badly we put last seasons squad together.

Seeing Gary Holt unlikely to get another footballing gig other than whatever crumbs Killie choose to throw his way is absolutely no comfort given the damage he has inflicted to FFC. Perhaps his appointment was Gary Deans and CO’s single biggest screw up of their tenure…..and there’s been plenty to choose from.

Probably too much expectation on McGlynn being able to transform dead wood into fine young oaks, and/or having a game face that somehow could get rid of every dumpling on the books.

If we want to do anything this season ie make the playoffs then he simply has to try and get shot of at least some of them. How I really don't know but if he doesn't then I can see us doing no better than last year. It won't take long for our steadyish defence (pre yesterday) to lose confidence if there's a constant barrage of pressure on them from the opponents  as Nesbitt and co go AWOL week in week out.