The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

We were told by the club at the time that many of the previous clear outs were in fact cash neutral as other clubs agreed to take contracted players and their wages were then used to bring in others.

I have no idea to what extent Mcglynn has tried to move on some of those under contract. But to have only managed to get rid of our third choice goalkeeper from last season is not good enough and explains why we’re struggling.

Does this maybe not underline how bad some of them are, in that no bugger else wants them.

25 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Offloading poor players can be done by any manager, as long as he has one thing. Money. Or at least enough of it. I have no idea if we have but I'd guess not. 

Get on the phone to Jeffries, if you want a lesson on wheeling and dealing, he was one of the best.

he’d be spitting blood in that after match interview. 

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Get on the phone to Jeffries, if you want a lesson on wheeling and dealing, he was one of the best.

he’d be spitting blood in that after match interview. 

It’s changed though - these days managers rarely rip into players in public.

I agree though - Jeffries wouldn’t have accepted that level of performance or effort.

Think Airdrie definitely deserved to win but the 4-0 score line flattered. The game was pretty much over as soon as McKay went off. 

Our lack of ability to stick the ball in the back of the net is infuriating. Morrison had 4 chances in the first half, as well as Alegria. Airdries first goal came against the run of play for me but once they scored they took control of the game. The ref being a wee fanny and giving a corner instead of a goal kick isn't an excuse for our pish defending for the second goal. 

Definitely think we'll see the new boys starting next week. Yeats was missed in the midfield, hopefully we can get a RB in and he can go back to midfield. 

Nesbitt is the most infuriating player, the most deceiving player I've ever seen, looks like he should be brilliant but he's fucking shite 😂

Freak result for me that looks worse than it really was. 

Didn't even see the 4th because I went to start my Saturday night drinking earlier than usual. 

2 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Freak result for me that looks worse than it really was. 

It wasn’t a freak result- we are shite. Airdrie weren’t the same team as last season yet managed to stick 4 past us with ease.

It wasn’t out of the blue either- we’ve had 1 good performance this season against Hibs and have been poor in the rest.

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’s changed though - these days managers rarely rip into players in public.

McGlynn has the added knife-edge of dealing with players who we can't shift & notoriously downed tools last October. I can see why he didn't tear into them. We're playing a long game here.

47 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

If we have any intention of doing anything this season, they have to be moved on and replaced with better quality.

Any replacements don’t have to be “better quality”. They simply have to possess a few qualities the current guys do not have.

They do not have to possess dribbling skills. They simply have to have pride in their performance, never ever hide, and give their all for the duration of the match. Admittedly a bit of passing ability would be nice too along with a big slice of physicality.

It is just incredible that we all spoke about the same players last season being at the very heart of why we were so bad, and yet there they all are, first picks this season.

I am no longer up for stuff like this being explained away being a freak result or a one off.

We competed for 40 minutes out of 90. We played for 10 minutes or so with 10 men and conceded twice in those 10 minutes, and the game was lost long before McKay went off.

28 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Given the Alloa fans regularly wanked over Hetherington surely to f**k we can punt him to them 

Problem here is you’d be asking him to take a wage cut and go part time, he’s not going to do that unless he’s given an incentive (I.e, a payoff from us!) 

It fucking infuriates me what that c**t Holt did and was allowed to get away with.

Morrison still with two seasons left getting an extension when injured.

Hetherington, McGuffie, Williamson and Nesbitt getting two year deals. Probably about £200,000+ a year for that shower.

It has absolutely fucked us over. 

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

It fucking infuriates me what that c**t Holt did and was allowed to get away with.

Morrison still with two seasons left getting an extension when injured.

Hetherington, McGuffie, Williamson and Nesbitt getting two year deals. Probably about £200,000+ a year for that shower.

It has absolutely fucked us over. 

Agreed. The Morrison one was particularly reprehensible. 

Wasn't that long ago that we had fans with a straight face suggesting we might get money for him.

Fucking insanity.

11 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Any patrons fancy saving the day and paying these jokers off?

It’s a big ask but it would be great if the group could did deep again, having said that there are only so many shares available and the idea was for these to be purchased by the FSS to allow both groups to have an equal shareholding.  A few hundred more fans signing up to the supporters society would help massively. 

2 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I’d generally agree with you Harry but were so many instances yesterday where McGuffie shat out of tackles or kept turning into trouble whenever he got the ball. None of them are good enough.

I'll disagree. He ran out-of-puff 2nd half but he's miles better than Hetherington or Nesbitt.  

McGuffie waltzed out of 3 Airdrie challenges with top footwork in one passage of play and set us away. There is a player in there but we are lacking confidence and hopefully wins will breed that.

Wonder what kind of ball park figure would be needed to clear the club of the likes of Nesbitt, Morrison, McGuffie, Williamson, Wilson, Hetherington, Ross etc. We could start a Go Fund Me, sure loads of folk would “Help a Bairn” in need 😁

Even getting shot of half them would help.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

26 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

It wasn’t a freak result- we are shite. Airdrie weren’t the same team as last season yet managed to stick 4 past us with ease.

It wasn’t out of the blue either- we’ve had 1 good performance this season against Hibs and have been poor in the rest.

I imagine supporting the mighty bairns has taken a toll on you, forgetting last year won the league 3 weeks in after beating airdrie when you were down to 10 men for half the game. But you're right we aren't the same team as last year, we have got even better at pumping your lot.

36 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

McGlynn has the added knife-edge of dealing with players who we can't shift & notoriously downed tools last October. I can see why he didn't tear into them. We're playing a long game here.

Yes perish the thought they down tools this season and start underperforming...

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

7 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Wonder what kind of ball park figure would be needed to clear the club of the likes of Nesbitt, Morrison, McGuffie, Williamson, Wilson, Hetherington, Ross etc. We could start a Go Fund Me, sure loads of folk would “Help a Bairn” in need 😁

Even getting shot of half them would help.

You would have to bridge what they are on now to what they could get elsewhere.  
I bet little change out of 100 grand if at all. Maybe cheaper to loan them out 

Edited by Back Post Misses