The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Just watched the goals. Falkirk defence is horrendous. Thought you had improved it with players who would “walk into any team in the league”?

You do realise we were down to 10 men and had Hetherington, Nesbitt and Williamson in that 10 for two of the goals. A lucky deflection for the 1st goal too.

9 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Just watched the goals. Falkirk defence is horrendous. Thought you had improved it with players who would “walk into any team in the league”?

Henderson's out injured which unfortunately means we have to play Brad Mckay, for the first goal he should never have let Jamieson come inside onto his left foot but then he actually did well to recover and make the block. The two goals from corners were horrendous and the 3rd goal we can't really avoid as by that point we'd went gung ho to try get something out the game and were playing with a back three.

Our issue yesterday was yet again the midfield, McGinn had his worst game in a Falkirk shirt but I can't help but blame that on him having to play in beside Hetherington and Nesbitt. Hetherington dives in and sells himself at every opportunity then we watch whoever's up against him just easily drift past. Nesbitt's just a waste of a jersey especially when we go a goal down. 

Edited by FFC 1876

6 minutes ago, Aufc said:

We had not lost a goal from open play in 5 competitive games till yesterday. That shows we have improved. We lost goals yesterday which were a mixture of bad luck and poor defending.  Donaldson, Henderson and Mackie would play in every other side in the league. 
Get your crowing in early. Long season. We were awful 2nd half yesterday. I genuinely think Airdrie I saw yesterday were better last season. I am sure you can play better. 

2 minutes ago, brokeville said:

That’s a lot to do with the questions. 

I dunno. After the Morton draw he answered Lewis' powder puff question very differently. He could easily have taken that first question and given a much angrier response. 

It was delusional stuff. I know people will say this is his squad now so he can't afford to slate the players but I honestly don't think that matters. 

They don't try any harder because the manager has their back. They're just as shite the following week. Be as well showing a bit of anger. 

The 'we'll just work harder in training ' shite we've heard for 3 seasons now. We don't buy it and we don't want to hear it.

Guest Ecosse83

First half there was very little in it and probably unfortunate to go in behind (poor defending though). 2nd half we were very poor and created very little, I don’t like having a go at individual players but I’d really like to see the back of Nesbitt, absolute sand dancer the boy! 

Mcglynn will get it right it’s probably just going to take longer than we all hoped for. 

8 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I dunno. After the Morton draw he answered Lewis' powder puff question very differently. He could easily have taken that first question and given a much angrier response. 

It was delusional stuff. I know people will say this is his squad now so he can't afford to slate the players but I honestly don't think that matters. 

They don't try any harder because the manager has their back. They're just as shite the following week. Be as well showing a bit of anger. 

The 'we'll just work harder in training ' shite we've heard for 3 seasons now. We don't buy it and we don't want to hear it.

If fans are looking for a manager to come out an slaughter players it won’t happen 

Next week get Hetherington & Nesbitt to f**k, drop Morrison until he's learned he can't score from 10 yards out never mind 30 yards out and get the two new boys on from the start. 

Martin
Williamson Donaldson Mackie Mccann
McGinn Yeats
McGuffie Lawal Burrell
Alegria

7 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

If fans are looking for a manager to come out an slaughter players it won’t happen 

He can slaughter the performance without slaughtering the players. He didn't.

That's what's unacceptable. 

It's another season with an absolute shiter of a squad. All this talk of the budget being fine is utterly useless if we are spending it on wastes of a jersey. 

We are again somehow miles short of the right quality to compete at the top end of League One. League fucking One!!!!!!

I too believe McGlynn will get it right if he stays around but its going to take a long long time.

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

Hopefully after that yesterday it's hit home to McGlynn that certain individuals aren't capable. Goals were far too soft. I really do not get why he persists with Nesbitt, McGuffie, Hetherington, Morrison, as someone else mentioned they contribute the square route of f**k all every week. 

Just now, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

He can slaughter the performance without slaughtering the players. He didn't.

That's what's unacceptable. 

It's his first defeat as their manager, he's not going to do that. 

Looking at the game logically taking away the emotion you can't really be upset with what he's said, we competed for the first half and were probably unlucky to go in a goal down then second half wasn't good enough. He alluded to it showing him what the players have got when we go a goal down, he'll now know there's a fair few of them that chuck it when that happens.

When B4L give McGlynn the money for another loan I can't work out whether I want a right back to avoid us having to watch Ryan Williamson or another centre midfielder so we never have to watch Hetherington again. 

A right back would mean Yeats can stay in the middle of the park but then one injury to Yeats or McGinn and we've got that utter shit w**k Hetherington back in the team.

9 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Hopefully after that yesterday it's hit home to McGlynn that certain individuals aren't capable. Goals were far too soft. I really do not get why he persists with Nesbitt, McGuffie, Hetherington, Morrison, as someone else mentioned they contribute the square route of f**k all every week. 

The answer to that is that he thinks the alternatives are worse.

We had not lost a goal from open play in 5 competitive games till yesterday. That shows we have improved. We lost goals yesterday which were a mixture of bad luck and poor defending.  Donaldson, Henderson and Mackie would play in every other side in the league. 
Get your crowing in early. Long season. We were awful 2nd half yesterday. I genuinely think Airdrie I saw yesterday were better last season. I am sure you can play better. 

I suspect we still need a few more signings. Would suspect we should get better as need some improvements in some position. However, we have the spine of a very good league 1 team. As you say though, early in the season.

I think this season may be too soon for falkirk (although i did predict you would win the league). Seems like you have still haunted by some shite players in positions.

1 hour ago, Blue-Toon said:

Relax guys. You’re playing Peterhead next week. You can’t fail to score against us. Banker home win.

Aye but if you score first the game's over. You at least scored two yesterday, we don't look like scoring at all.

I’m not being reactionary here but completely honest. I was really not sure about renewing my season ticket this year but I decided the new BOD and management team needed backing and time so I renewed. Now I know it’s early but I’m already starting to get concerns that things could be similar to what we’ve seen in previous seasons. If that is the case, myself and I suspect a lot of other fans won’t renew next season and it will make things extremely difficult. 

I really hope things turn around and we can get rid of some of the dross we’ve been stuck with from last season. 
This is the best. Talking about not renewing next years Season Ticket [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] where have I read all this before.

43 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I hope that ends up being true but at the moment Dunfermline and Airdrie have 5 more points and a GD ten better than us so can’t see either agreeing to lift and drop 75% of our defence tbh.