The Falkirk FC Thread

I don’t think the questions are bad, I just don’t think the interviews need to be as long particularly when we have been defeated. Just feels like continuing to feed them the rope by which to hang themselves with. 

The problem is that McGlynn gets asked his first question and goes on for 3-4 mins. I guess there’s an art to interviews. But keep it short and sweet for each question. It’s FTV FFS, not going to be a TOUGH interview. McGlynn gives a whole match analysis and rambles, he just needs to be honest, say it wasn’t good enough and that the players have a tough week ahead. Have to believe you’ll turn things around but your next couple of matches will be vital, pressure on

3 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I don’t think the questions are bad, I just don’t think the interviews need to be as long particularly when we have been defeated. Just feels like continuing to feed them the rope by which to hang themselves with. 

The first one was comical. “By my account we had 5 really good chances in the first half” must have been watching a different game from me

Reminded me of McCracken’s last interview where he looked absolutely haunted.

Hopefully some of that shock has come from finally seeing what we see when Morrison, McGuffie and Nesbitt all on the park at the same time. He has seen for himself the players that shrug when we concede because that’s what is meant to happen.

He finally must have seen just how poor McGuffie and Nesbitt really are. I agree that McKay seems to have improved massively once free of the clutches of Sheerin and Rennie. The others have not………and I think it’s taken McGlynn by surprise.

Five clear cut chances in the first half? Must have been when I blinked.

Guest Caractacus Potts
6 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

The problem is that McGlynn gets asked his first question and goes on for 3-4 mins. I guess there’s an art to interviews. But keep it short and sweet for each question. It’s FTV FFS, not going to be a TOUGH interview. McGlynn gives a whole match analysis and rambles, he just needs to be honest, say it wasn’t good enough and that the players have a tough week ahead. Have to believe you’ll turn things around but your next couple of matches will be vital, pressure on

Yeh he does seem to go on a bit. Was just thinking more in general as a lot of questions were asked of Rennie on a defeat so interviews were just as long. Maybe just one question for McGlynn! 

3 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

The first one was comical. “By my account we had 5 really good chances in the first half” must have been watching a different game from me

Comical Ali / Baghdad Bob | Know Your Meme

"By my account we had 5 really good chances in the first half"

Guest Caractacus Potts
8 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

Yeh I do agree with that. Maybe doesn’t have to try soften the blow as much by pretending we were anything but poor for the vast majority of the match. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
6 minutes ago, LauriestonBairn said:

What I'd give to be talking about the elusive Premier Club Hospitality again x

Remember the first rule about Premier Club…

Just now, 18BAIRN76 said:

I really want to see what you're talking about, but I don’t think I can bring myself to watch them.

The highlights are w**k. Barely keeping up with the ball, and the 5 good chances they witnessed in the first half seems to have been cut to about 2 for the full match, and bizarrely not including when Alegria fluffed his lines, which was a comedy ending to what was actually one of the few nicely put together bits of attacking play we had. 

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Aye, it’s no great tbh. What does our club do to people ?

Don’t think it’s anything to do with your club particularly. He’s looked utterly done since the DG fiasco.

6 hours ago, JaketheSnake said:

McGlynn's Rovers couldn't defend to save themselves and he loves a striker who never looks like scoring. You also need to remain patient with substitutions and fully expect whoever is playing well to be the first player off. Good luck with him 

You forgot to mention that you’ll consistently have really bad “luck” with injuries, but apart from that you’re on the money.

Disappointing interview, for me a morphation of the past few managers. What bloody game was he watching?

Referring to “Callum” doesn’t give me confidence, another shambolic player not worthy of wearing the NB.
Many posts referring to McGlynn being rambling/haunted. There should have been one emotion - anger.

So it’s two games in and the same old reverberating shite.  

15 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Disappointing interview, for me a morphation of the past few managers. What bloody game was he watching?

Referring to “Callum” doesn’t give me confidence, another shambolic player not worthy of wearing the NB.
Many posts referring to McGlynn being rambling/haunted. There should have been one emotion - anger.

So it’s two games in and the same old reverberating shite.  

Yep.. could easily have been a Rennie or Sheerin interview. 

As an experiment, can keepers not bother saving a Morrison shot.

I don't think they have the power to get over the line on their own steam.

What this has also reinforced is what a diddy nonsense pre season affair the League Cup is. Once the hard graft starts we've had two dreadful performances,  zero goals and a shoeing.

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021