The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Morrison flatters to deceive, Nesbit offers next to nothing in 90% of his appearances, McGuffie probably offers more than either but should be no more than a squad player, Williamson would already be glue if he were a horse and what is the point of Heatherington ?

Play offs at very best with this mob anywhere near the team.

I’m struggling to see why so many people think we’ll make the promotion playoffs tbh. In the 2nd half of last season we were the worst team in the league apart from East Fife and have almost an identical midfield and just as poor options up front. Sadly I think we’ll struggle badly this season. 

As for the game, we finished 28 points behind Airdrie last season and it told today. They are just a better team than us at the moment sadly.

There’s a lot of work to be done. The new board and our new manager inherited a shambles on and off the pitch. There’s no quick remedy for the mess we are in so I’m afraid we’ll just need to be patient. The long and short of it is we are now an established league one team. Not to good for it, not to big for it, it’s what we are.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m struggling to see why so many people think we’ll make the promotion playoffs tbh. In the 2nd half of last season we were the worst team in the league apart from East Fife and have almost an identical midfield and just as poor options up front. Sadly I think we’ll struggle badly this season. 

As for the game, we finished 28 points behind Airdrie last season and it told today. They are just a better team than us at the moment sadly.

There’s a lot of work to be done. The new board and our new manager inherited a shambles on and off the pitch. There’s no quick remedy for the mess we are in so I’m afraid we’ll just need to be patient. The long and short of it is we are now an established league one team. Not to good for it, not to big for it, it’s what we are.

We actually have worse options upfront this season imo. Kabia was a better player than anything we now have.

2 hours ago, Hughsie said:

We’re still crap. I think we all knew that, though.

The club is in terminal decline. We need to see some sort of recovery starting this season. That probably means play-offs and trying to get up that way if at all possible. There is absolutely no chance we’re winning the league, obviously. 

Terminal decline would mean that recovery or improvement would be impossible, that is not the case.

We are obviously still rank rotten and will be until the wage thieves can be moved on but surely no one realistically expected us to be serious title challengers this season.

Time will tell if we can make the promotion playoffs but terminal decline is a nonsense phrase to use.

8 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I never said we will reach the playoffs I said they were the very best we could hope for.

Quite a different thing.

Just now, LatapyBairn. said:

Kabia, Griffiths and Dowds were better than any of the strikers we have now. Hopefully Burrell can hit the ground running and disprove that as assumption, if fact we really need both him and Lawal to hit the ground running. 

I hope at least one of them starts next week. I want to see them in a team that hasn't completely lost the fucking plot. Them (Lawal in particular as a midfielder) coming into that team as McGinn went off just meant they were on a hiding to nothing as were at a shapeless mess. I know what we are going to get from the oft mentioned empty shirts. I'd much rather check out what we might get from Lawal in place of any of them, and probably Burell instead of Alegria, who doesn't get the same as the others for me, it's just not a huge amount of talent in his case. 

1 minute ago, Bairn winner said:

Maybe I'm unrealistic but on buying my season ticket this year I was expecting to be mounting a challenge for promotion or what's the point.

The point is you back your team through thick and thin and we need the money. You’ve done the right thing (Just don’t expect us to challenge for promotion)

McGlynn putting Yeats to right back didn’t help today. Took all the legs out of midfield leaving only Hetherington and McGinn. McGuffie, Morrison and Nesbitt all playing further forward left them far too exposed.

I get what was said about Morrison creating chances in the first half but they all ended in him producing absolutely nothing. He needs to realise that he must do better or he won’t play. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Does anyone know why Lawal was booked today incidentally?

He put in a bit of a lunge on a boy and the ref played on. Didn't think it was too bad tbh but was all the more confusing that the ref didn't book him until about 3 minutes after it happened; he'd even forgotten who it was himself.

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

The point is you back your team through thick and thin and we need the money. You’ve done the right thing (Just don’t expect us to challenge for promotion)

I do back the team through thick and thin for 42 years, the point I was trying to make is you should at least have an expectation of going for promotion at the start of the season.

Are we just to accept we are a piss poor League 1 side now.

17 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Our list of players who absolutely can't start next week is lengthy..

I don't think I know where we go from here. Another season in L1. Maybe in another 2 windows we can overhaul the squad entirely but it's looking Groundhog Day in that regard. 

Roll on next season. Again.

Who can’t start ?

8 minutes ago, Bairn winner said:

I do back the team through thick and thin for 42 years, the point I was trying to make is you should at least have an expectation of going for promotion at the start of the season.

Are we just to accept we are a piss poor League 1 side now.

I’m 44 years so we’ll likely be a similar age mate. Yes, that’s what we are at the moment.