The Falkirk FC Thread

The opening twenty or so minutes we looked OK, then caved in at the second goal, completely collapsed  thereafter. Remember McGlynn after a couple of weeks in, saying how critical the next few weeks were for shaping the squad. 
If he needed first hand viewing of five or six charlatans, he got it full on today. For those who still think Morrison is a decent player, let me know what beverage you’re on. I can’t be arsed naming the others as mentioned in nearly every post. Some brutal decisions by the ref, but don’t take anything away from the home team, miles better for more than half the game. 
Far to early to make rash decisions, but very underwhelmed by some of the signings. 

It's not for me to post much here but I thought it was quite close today in first half , and  had Nesbitts shot gone in , it could have been a game changer. But the 2nd half saw Falkirk over run in midfield. That might well be due to how bad Heatherston has become.  In many ways it was not a four goal loss given the ten men but it will be a worry. Hope the two injuries are not too serious. It's a long season 

Depends on the terms of the contract. The players union rightly looks after their members so most contracts will be watertight unless there's a get-out clause to the club and players mutual advantage. 

In all seriousness what is the deal with Falkirk at the moment? On paper you have one of the best sides in the league, with a number of players who have played lots of games at a higher level but it just doesn’t seem to be working.

I was nervous about this game this week tbh and was shocked at the final score.

7 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

It's not for me to post much here but I thought it was quite close today in first half , and  had Nesbitts shot gone in , it could have been a game changer. But the 2nd half saw Falkirk over run in midfield. That might well be due to how bad Heatherston has become.  In many ways it was not a four goal loss given the ten men but it will be a worry. Hope the two injuries are not too serious. It's a long season 

Hard to disagree with anything you've said there, it was never a 4-0 game with 2 of the goals coming at the very death when we were 3 at the back due to us playing with 10 men and chasing the game.

From our perspective it's very hard to consider any positives from that performance today given we're stuck with the same shite players from last season Hetherington and Nesbitt being my main hates.

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I agree our defence did look bad GB but we don’t take our chances and that can have a massive impact on the confidence of a side. Morrison takes one/two of his 1st half chances and it’s a different game. 

We look like we could defend a lead but if we go behind we have no chance.

……but Morrison rarely if ever takes his chances. It wasn’t as if he had an off day today.

On another day, he would have done exactly the same things.

Alagria is utter, utter dung. Doubt he is even good enough for Lowland League football with the Sevco B team. Can guarantee you Kennedy will be a total waster for you as well. Hopefully it continues for the remainder of the season. Rather hilarious tbf.

I just don’t see that it needs debated much more. That result was only bettered by the QP 6-0 last season. Airdrie only beat us 1-4. Nesbitt and McGuffie played today, and in the 1-4.

We know McGuffie, Nesbitt and Hetherington are going to sell us down the river. Hopefully McGlynn gets it now, and he doesn’t decide to get the blinkers on and keep playing them. Tbh, once Airdrie got the first goal, the team kind of morphed into last season’s side.

21 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

……but Morrison rarely if ever takes his chances. It wasn’t as if he had an off day today.

On another day, he would have done exactly the same things.

I totally agree with you, that’s why I would punt him along with the rest of the dross. The only two I would probably keep from last season are Brad McKay as McGlynn seems to be able to get him doing okay and McCann as for me he hasn’t had a fair crack of the whip compared to the rest.

2 hours ago, MS RR said:

At this moment in time we are, we have lost 4-0 to side which btw is actually crap, we are in serious trouble. We can’t score and we’re a liability at the back as well. 

Hey mate, just thought I would pop in and say hi!

I'm still waiting for you to pass us on the way up. Taking your time like.

Actually, I hope McGlynn has taken his time in terms of what he says post match.

Rennie had 7 new faces in January, and it made absolutely no difference. McGlynn brought in 7(?) today, and it made absolutely no difference (to the outcome).

Near enough the only constants seem to be McGuffie and Nesbitt. Neither of them make any sort of contribution defensively, and today, there were clear repeats of last season’s parting of the navy blue sea with both players clearly having nothing to do with the game if they didn’t have possession.

Would not be in the least bit surprised if near enough the last two to get the heave actually turn out to be the first two that that should have gone, and who turn out to be the root cause of most of our issues.

3 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Would not be in the least bit surprised if near enough the last two to get the heave actually turn out to be the first two that that should have gone, and who turn out to be the root cause of most of our issues.

Are you genuinely saying that two players are why you were shite last season and why you've been pumped today?

Are you genuinely saying that two players are why you were shite last season and why you've been pumped today?
They're not why we were shite last season. Well, they were part of it.

Today, they were an enormous part of a second capitulation.

Really poor discipline infected everyone after a frankly bizarre refereeing call, but those two in particular and Stevie Hetherington regressed over a period of a few minutes to a degree that the whole middle of the park was surrendered and Airdrie were able to run directly at out back line in numbers repeatedly.

So as far as why we were pumped today, where space conceded in midfield was a glaring problem in a hitherto very tight game, yes, those three players Shoulder the blame.