The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

McGlynn has spoken about a lack of quality, which we all knew about, but that's the first time he's seen the sort of shitebaggery that was commonplace last season.

I wonder if that changes anything for him today. I wonder if he knew that was in us.....

If he did and was hoping it would change with him cajoling and trying to make them better then it's just crashed spectacularly. Ofcourse we all knew it would happen, you cannot make something better that was pish to start with apart from slightly less pish. 

2 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Yes fair play mate it is. Frustrated as f**k today, really thought we had turned a corner 😢

It’s early days pal but that was a sickener today. I just hope McGlynn realises he can’t trust any of last seasons players to dig in when the going gets tough.

23 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Mystified as to why you signed Alegria. Partick were on TV quite a bit this year and he was utterly horrendous every time he made an appearance. Guy is a shockingly bad footballer.

He’s worse that shite.

47 minutes ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

Want to hear from our coach

- We were god awful 

- names of those to be shamed and who can expect to be gone soon

Do not want to hear from our coach

- We did well in training 

McGlynn won't name individuals, we win as a team and we lose as team.

We were the best team in the first half for me especially pre the first goal, 2nd half we fell apart and I'd question the subs from McGlynn.

We were all over the place formation wise and folk seem to forget we lost two goals whilst down to 10 men, we didn't close up shop we were erratic and all over the place.

The two new signings showed flashes,fuk knows what Lawal got booked for and yep the ref was clueless today.

I've still got faith in McGlynn turning it around but hopefully some of last season's clown shoes don't see first team action soon.

We looked decent in the first half, it really is the 2nd half recurring dream that needs put to bed. I'd get back to a basic 4-4-2 for next week. 

I’m not being reactionary here but completely honest. I was really not sure about renewing my season ticket this year but I decided the new BOD and management team needed backing and time so I renewed. Now I know it’s early but I’m already starting to get concerns that things could be similar to what we’ve seen in previous seasons. If that is the case, myself and I suspect a lot of other fans won’t renew next season and it will make things extremely difficult. 

I really hope things turn around and we can get rid of some of the dross we’ve been stuck with from last season. 

21 minutes ago, MS RR said:

At this moment in time we are, we have lost 4-0 to side which btw is actually crap, we are in serious trouble. We can’t score and we’re a liability at the back as well. 

😂😂😂😂♦️♦️♦️♦️

Actually crap. 👍👍😎😎

Edited by Shooter McGavin

1 minute ago, bothkennarbairn said:

McGlynn is not a magician. He inherited 14 players from last season and wont be able to turn us around until next season at the earliest.

I get that, but I'd hoped his experience would mould a good team (or at least a better team than seems to have been playing today) from what's available.

We’re still crap. I think we all knew that, though.

The club is in terminal decline. We need to see some sort of recovery starting this season. That probably means play-offs and trying to get up that way if at all possible. There is absolutely no chance we’re winning the league, obviously. 

We semi-talk about it but I'd genuinely be putting in a power of effort trying to ship McGuffie, Nesbitt and Hetherington. Even getting rid of one or two would be a coup. They are serial losers. I know it's early days but Alegria properly looks like a panic loan signing due to lack of numbers up front, rather than a calculated move. Early days but that today was as bad as nearly anything last season. 

Edited by 18BAIRN76

6 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

We semi-talk about it but I'd genuinely be putting in a power of effort trying to ship McGuffie, Nesbitt and Hetherington. Even getting rid of one or two would be a coup. They are serial losers. I know it's early days but Alegria properly looks like a panic loan signing due to lack of numbers up front, rather than a calculated move. Early days but that today was as bad as nearly anything last season. 

How do you force players to leave that are under contract? 

If it makes you feel any better, one of our current issues is numerous players signed by Mcglynn on long deals that aren't really good enough.

Will always have alot of time for him, but it's becoming clear he didn't really spend the budget very well.