The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Just think of the attendances, lads.

Was at the game today with a mate and on the way out after the fourth I heard some guy saying "a big crowd like ours doesn't deserve that pish" 🤣🤣

Just now, 18BAIRN76 said:

If we got a quid for all the attendance jokes people are making, we might cobble together enough for a half-decent midfield.

To be fair, a lot of our fans bring that on ourselves with the crowd wanking pish. 

Think Morrison's injury hasn't affected his speed. He can still beat a man and win a chase. I think the injury has cost him his strength as his shots are weak as piss, basically pass backs to the keeper. So we've got a winger/striker who can't cross, shoot or head the ball. 

4 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

His pint was he was wasteful, my point was at least we created with him on the park which we didn’t the 2nd half. He’s getting a lot of stick but he’s still better than the others in his position. 

I honestly don’t see him as any better than the likes of Nesbitt, McGuffie etc, for me they are all shite. I suppose it’s all about opinions though and each to their own 👍

Guest Ecosse83
Just now, Harry Kinnear said:

I honestly don’t see him as any better than the likes of Nesbitt, McGuffie etc, for me they are all shite. I suppose it’s all about opinions though and each to their own 👍

Yes fair play mate it is. Frustrated as f**k today, really thought we had turned a corner 😢

Watched Hetherington quite closely today. How he saw out that game is just incredible. An utter, utter, utter disgrace to the jersey. He should have paid in to watch that performance from Adam Frizzell - that's a proper midfielder. We have not had one of those since about 2016. Hetherington truly is King Charlatan in a team packed full of them. If he ever sees another minute in Falkirk jersey, just forget it. McGinn anonymous as well.
Grimmest of grim times. For all the caveats about what McGlynn has inherited, there is a valid counter argument, at least to a point, that we have again had the largest playing budget in the division, signed more players than any of the other nine teams, yet there are still glaring holes in the team, we've bugger all up front and we are still turning in an absolutely gutless performance like that. The likes of Frizzell, Smith, Gallagher, Jamieson are playing for a team on on a fraction of our budget but are light years ahead of the nonsense like Alegria that we are lumbered with. No interest in seeing any more of the likes of him or the sainted trio of Aidan, Craig and Callum. All need to somehow got to f**k.
In the second half, I sort of did the same. I watched him a few times do this thing where he really over commits to intercepting the ball.... And in doing so, he either..... Has the worst luck in the world in that he ALWAYS goes the wrong way OR.... he wants to avoid the physical stuff so he sort of does the Dennon Lewis trademark arcs his running so that he almost gets there but just doesn't quite. It's mental. The end result every time is that he gets bypassed, both passer and receiver can effortlessly move into the space he has left behind and someone else has to face a 2 v 1.

It's really uncanny. Dunno if iv described it well what he does, but anyone can watch him and it will become really obvious

10 minutes ago, MS RR said:

At this moment in time we are, we have lost 4-0 to side which btw is actually crap, we are in serious trouble. We can’t score and we’re a liability at the back as well. 

No one gets relegated or anything like it at this stage of the season.

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

McGlynn has spoken about a lack of quality, which we all knew about, but that's the first time he's seen the sort of shitebaggery that was commonplace last season.

I wonder if that changes anything for him today. I wonder if he knew that was in us.....

If he did and was hoping it would change with him cajoling and trying to make them better then it's just crashed spectacularly. Ofcourse we all knew it would happen, you cannot make something better that was pish to start with apart from slightly less pish. 

2 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Yes fair play mate it is. Frustrated as f**k today, really thought we had turned a corner 😢

It’s early days pal but that was a sickener today. I just hope McGlynn realises he can’t trust any of last seasons players to dig in when the going gets tough.

23 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Mystified as to why you signed Alegria. Partick were on TV quite a bit this year and he was utterly horrendous every time he made an appearance. Guy is a shockingly bad footballer.

He’s worse that shite.

47 minutes ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

Want to hear from our coach

- We were god awful 

- names of those to be shamed and who can expect to be gone soon

Do not want to hear from our coach

- We did well in training 

McGlynn won't name individuals, we win as a team and we lose as team.

We were the best team in the first half for me especially pre the first goal, 2nd half we fell apart and I'd question the subs from McGlynn.

We were all over the place formation wise and folk seem to forget we lost two goals whilst down to 10 men, we didn't close up shop we were erratic and all over the place.

The two new signings showed flashes,fuk knows what Lawal got booked for and yep the ref was clueless today.

I've still got faith in McGlynn turning it around but hopefully some of last season's clown shoes don't see first team action soon.

We looked decent in the first half, it really is the 2nd half recurring dream that needs put to bed. I'd get back to a basic 4-4-2 for next week. 

I’m not being reactionary here but completely honest. I was really not sure about renewing my season ticket this year but I decided the new BOD and management team needed backing and time so I renewed. Now I know it’s early but I’m already starting to get concerns that things could be similar to what we’ve seen in previous seasons. If that is the case, myself and I suspect a lot of other fans won’t renew next season and it will make things extremely difficult. 

I really hope things turn around and we can get rid of some of the dross we’ve been stuck with from last season.