The Falkirk FC Thread

Clearly Mcglynn and the board have thought/hoped that bringing in some better quality at the back would be enough to pick up some points.

But in reality you can’t retain so many players in the starting 11 from a team that’s just finished sixth in league 1 and expect to win games.

Nesbitt and do have already cost 2 managers their jobs and they could well do the same to a third imo unless they are moved on.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

15 minutes ago, MS RR said:

Unfortunately we’re in a relegation battle at this point. To lose 4-0 to them and is beyond unacceptable. If we don’t have players who can score we will genuinely go down, no club is immune from relegation because they’re “too big” for the league. 

It’s the first week in August, we are not in a relegation battle.

Yet.

Alegria's been getting some stick on here but in reality he's the only one that forced their keeper into a half decent save, he also created a fair few chances in the first half with his hold up play. Granted him falling over in the first half was a good laugh but other than that I don't think he done much wrong today, our issue yet again is the 3 in behind him.

Also starting with Hetherington is essentially playing with a man down.

Edited by FFC 1876

Guest Ecosse83
7 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Do you honestly think Callumn Morrison is a decent player who has done well for us. If you do I’ll just stop this debate now.

Ok who’s better then? Who would you rather start on the wing over Morrison? 

Let’s be perfectly honest here.

First half we could easily have been going in in front. Had the better of the half and were behind to a huge deflection. 

Second half Airdrie were much better. Didn’t create too much until the second went in, when another deflection took it into Gallagher’s path from a corner it never was. 

The last two goals simply came due to the fact we were down to 10 men and chasing trying to get back into it. The pitch was absolutely disgraceful, for both teams. No player could control it on that surface and countless people fell over the ball. It also looks like it’s possibly cause our two injuries? But I can’t say that for absolute certain. 

Morrison and Nesbitt were rotten. Morrison looks lost and Nesbitt is slower than McGlynn himself. 

I genuinely don’t think it was a 4-0 game. That said, all the pressure is on the defence when you don’t score that many. Up until the second goal I thought that was the best we’ve played against them since we came down. 

Mystified as to why you signed Alegria. Partick were on TV quite a bit this year and he was utterly horrendous every time he made an appearance. Guy is a shockingly bad footballer.

McGlynn has spoken about a lack of quality, which we all knew about, but that's the first time he's seen the sort of shitebaggery that was commonplace last season.

I wonder if that changes anything for him today. I wonder if he knew that was in us.....

Morrison flatters to deceive, Nesbit offers next to nothing in 90% of his appearances, McGuffie probably offers more than either but should be no more than a squad player, Williamson would already be glue if he were a horse and what is the point of Heatherington ?

Play offs at very best with this mob anywhere near the team.

4 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Ok who’s better then? Who would you rather start on the wing over Morrison? 

I’d rather Morrison wasn’t here to be honest, same with McGuffie, Hetherington, Nesbitt. I would rather see McGlynn start two of Oliver, Alegria and Burrell than Morrison up front as his finishing has continually been piss poor and he isn’t a striker. 

You have to admit his finishing and crossing are honking, surely.

Watched Hetherington quite closely today. How he saw out that game is just incredible. An utter, utter, utter disgrace to the jersey. He should have paid in to watch that performance from Adam Frizzell - that's a proper midfielder. We have not had one of those since about 2016. Hetherington truly is King Charlatan in a team packed full of them. If he ever sees another minute in Falkirk jersey, just forget it. McGinn anonymous as well.

Grimmest of grim times. For all the caveats about what McGlynn has inherited, there is a valid counter argument, at least to a point, that we have again had the largest playing budget in the division, signed more players than any of the other nine teams, yet there are still glaring holes in the team, we've bugger all up front and we are still turning in an absolutely gutless performance like that. The likes of Frizzell, Smith, Gallagher, Jamieson are playing for a team on on a fraction of our budget but are light years ahead of the nonsense like Alegria that we are lumbered with. No interest in seeing any more of the likes of him or the sainted trio of Aidan, Craig and Callum. All need to somehow got to f**k.

9 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

It’s the first week in August, we are not in a relegation battle.

Yet.

At this moment in time we are, we have lost 4-0 to side which btw is actually crap, we are in serious trouble. We can’t score and we’re a liability at the back as well. 

Guest Ecosse83
12 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

That’s not what he said mate and you know it.

His pint was he was wasteful, my point was at least we created with him on the park which we didn’t the 2nd half. He’s getting a lot of stick but he’s still better than the others in his position.