The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Rocco said:

It’s actually scary to think that Petra was an important player for us that season. He was involved in a lot of our goals, but my god he was a shite player with loads of pace

Petra was comedy gold.

As someone said a while back on here, he would comfortably beat one or two defenders at a rate of knots then, as he was bearing down on goal, he's turn and run twice as fast in the opposite direction!

Always gave his all though and not every player we've had can say that.

1 hour ago, GeordieBairn said:

Favourite highlight of Petra was him sending Scott Mercer to the cleaners against Queens and scoring. Worryingly probably our best player that season bar Rudden

His shot from out wide at Dumfries that bent the wrong way and nearly reached the half way line was a comedy highlight.

His goal at the TFS were it looked like his skill bought him space, where in actual fact it was he had no clue what he was doing, his pace was his strength, the problem he had was taking the ball with him.

Gagging to see today’s starting XI. Is McGlynn going to give it “big club cool”, and put the new guys on the bench or in the stand, or is it going to be “right lads, you and you, you’re oan frae the start.”

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Petra was comedy gold.

As someone said a while back on here, he would comfortably beat one or two defenders at a rate of knots then, as he was bearing down on goal, he's turn and run twice as fast in the opposite direction!

Always gave his all though and not every player we've had can say that.

There was always a bit of a John Perry about him.

4 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Yeats right back by looks of it with McGuffie/Morrison and Nesbitt behind Algeria.

Or three at the back an option.

As said by Raith fans McGlynn likes to throw 3 at the back randomly as a curve ball. He did against us afore

4 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Playing the three of Morrison, McGuffie and Nesbitt together gives me the fear as they are all capable of disappearing out of games and doing very little. I’d have Oliver in there and leave one of them out.

I agree.