The Falkirk FC Thread

8 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Bollox, you can't give proof and you know it. Leave the Boardroom Propaganda Monger to fight his own battles, eh?

A battle?

Last I looked it was a forum for opinions not a bar room brawl

I personally would go for same back 5 with McGinn & Yeats holding in midfield & Ola the offensive option in middle of park followed by a front 3 of Oliver, Burrell Alegris

Great idea IMO. We will still definitely be able to keep our good defensive record up, and that front 3 with a number 10 behind them have great chemistry playing together for a while to get the goals we’ve been missing. It’s something you don’t see nowadays but 3 central strikers and a number 10 will have Airdrie second guessing how to defend that. A midfield of 2 should be fine in this league, all the winning teams go with two central midfielders to cover the main area of the pitch, attacking and defensively. Williamson will be fine on his own on the right, he’ll cope with any winger and full back bombing on against him, plus get forward as well. If during the game we decide 3 central strikers up front doesn’t work, for whatever reason, can bring on like for like subs in Jaime Wilson.

9 hours ago, Springfield said:

Expand please 

For example in McGlynn's interview last night he specifically mentioned now having 3 options upfront in Burrell, Oliver and Alegria. The fact he's not mentioned Malcolm or Wilson will obviously ring home with them so now they'll be faced with the choice of wasting another year sitting at us not playing or doing something about it and leaving. 

Sneddon I imagine will be popped out on loan for the last year if there are any takers given we have Mackie, Mccann and Henderson who can all play left back already. Seb Ross must be getting fed up of getting the odd 10 minutes here and there, Trump already floated the rumour that he was Peterhead bound. 

Edited by FFC 1876

54 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

I personally would go for same back 5 with McGinn & Yeats holding in midfield & Ola the offensive option in middle of park followed by a front 3 of Oliver, Burrell Alegris

I know they've skudded us for the last few years but I doubt that means this season we get to play with an extra man on the park.

Edited by FFC 1876

Guest Ecosse83

f**k me some of you would just be a pleasure to sit and have a pint with 😂

We’re at the start of the journey with Mcglynn, he’s got 1 hand tied behind his back in regards to his squad, more patience is required now! 

I remember the days when signing an unknown from England would have been really exciting, now it’s the end of the world! 🤦‍♂️

Guest Caractacus Potts
14 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

f**k me some of you would just be a pleasure to sit and have a pint with 😂

We’re at the start of the journey with Mcglynn, he’s got 1 hand tied behind his back in regards to his squad, more patience is required now! 

I remember the days when signing an unknown from England would have been really exciting, now it’s the end of the world! 🤦‍♂️

I’m excited for him but how can you blame anyone for being a little pessimistic given the multitude of unknowns who have been utter chronic. 

21 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I’m excited for him but how can you blame anyone for being a little pessimistic given the multitude of unknowns who have been utter chronic. 

Cynical rather than pessimistic I think better describes the mood for me. People want them to work out but recent experience makes everyone wary. We haven’t had a decent unknown for a good few years. Yeats has done well so hopefully McGlynn has found another one at least. He won’t get them all right mind you, no one does. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Cynical rather than pessimistic I think better describes the mood for me. People want them to work out but recent experience makes everyone wary. We haven’t had a decent unknown for a good few years. Yeats has done well so hopefully McGlynn has found another one at least. He won’t get them all right mind you, no one does. 

Think what helped with Yeats was he competed well against Premiership opposition. That made the job easy and less of a risk as all fans that watched him that night could see a player.

Judging Jaime Wilson against a University team was harder to judge as is making an assessment in training. It’s a pity we can’t trial these players in games but I suspect their agents won’t offer that as an option as possibly other clubs interested. 

Anyway I like what I see from his showreel so hopefully he can’t bring a lot of that in to the game. Definitely much more exciting than a player who’s got a dodgy track record at the likes of Dumbarton. 

3 hours ago, Trump said:

Great idea IMO. We will still definitely be able to keep our good defensive record up, and that front 3 with a number 10 behind them have great chemistry playing together for a while to get the goals we’ve been missing. It’s something you don’t see nowadays but 3 central strikers and a number 10 will have Airdrie second guessing how to defend that. A midfield of 2 should be fine in this league, all the winning teams go with two central midfielders to cover the main area of the pitch, attacking and defensively. Williamson will be fine on his own on the right, he’ll cope with any winger and full back bombing on against him, plus get forward as well. If during the game we decide 3 central strikers up front doesn’t work, for whatever reason, can bring on like for like subs in Jaime Wilson.

Maybe tad sarcastic however it’s all about opinions 

6 minutes ago, Rocco said:

It’s actually scary to think that Petra was an important player for us that season. He was involved in a lot of our goals, but my god he was a shite player with loads of pace

Favourite highlight of Petra was him sending Scott Mercer to the cleaners against Queens and scoring. Worryingly probably our best player that season bar Rudden

Favourite highlight of Petra was him sending Scott Mercer to the cleaners against Queens and scoring. Worryingly probably our best player that season bar Rudden

He was an established Lithuanian international player. I don’t think we got the best out of him tbh…