The Falkirk FC Thread

47 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

So we did pay a compensation fee for Lawal. Would love to know the figure there

Might not have been NBP. Might have been a selection of fresh produce from a farmer’s market.

Other than a loan or two, what we have now is the horse we are going to be running until at least January. As ever, it’s going to be interesting. Hopefully that defence and midfield have enough about them to provide some sort of service to what is going to be a very different front line (different good or different bad we don’t yet know).

Edited by Duncan Freemason

1 hour ago, AGPar said:

These four are realistically about as good as we can expect at this level, and I'd probably add Yates to that category, with plenty of room for development. I've no complaints with the defensive recruitment undertaken by McGlynn this summer, just nowhere near as convinced by the attacking options brought in. I'd also be amazed if has not had, or will not be having very shortly, some frank conversations with quite a few of last season's lot and advising them that their careers would be better served under a new employer. Finding one is going to be the hard bit unfortunately, probably impossible in quite a few cases.

I am still confident McGlynn will be able to get shot of some of the dross. Still time 

Edited by Back Post Misses

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

TBF we got Donaldson, McGinn, MacKie and Henderson who would walk into any other L1 side. 
Let’s wait and see how things turnout. Clearly looks to me that a few could have the choice of sitting on the bench, sitting in the stand or taking their leave of the place completely 

Expand please 

Guest Brockvillenomore
13 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Based on what?

His track record?

The size of squad he says he wants to work with and the numbers he has at the moment. 

His selections to date indicate who he favours and who he doesn’t. 

The new players he’s brought in, the positions they will be playing send a message. 

The way he restructured RR having spoken to a colleague at work who is a RR fan. 

Guest Brockvillenomore
17 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Bollox, you can't give proof and you know it. Leave the Boardroom Propaganda Monger to fight his own battles, eh?

Goodness me. It seems I’m mistaken. I honestly thought this was a public forum where anybody can comment.

It seems I’m mistaken!! How foolish of me!!!! How embarrassing!! Thank you for educating me and apologies for being a troublesome gooseberry in your shallow posturing. 

FWIW I have no agendas and anybody who has even the most basic knowledge of football knows that JMcG has a proven track record of building and improving teams in difficult circumstances. 

Edited by Brockvillenomore

9 minutes ago, Brockvillenomore said:

Goodness me. It seems I’m mistaken. I honestly thought this was a public forum where anybody can comment.

It seems I’m mistaken!! How foolish of me!!!! How embarrassing!! Thank you for educating me and apologies for being a troublesome gooseberry in your shallow posturing. 

FWIW I have no agendas and anybody who has even the most basic knowledge of football knows that JMcG has a proven track record of building and improving teams in difficult circumstances. 

I refer you to the reply I gave some moments ago.

That's 11 signings and with a bit of shuffling, a brand new starting 11.

The cliche that we can't keep changing the team every season doesn't hold as after the disaster of the last few( especially last)years, we simply had to do it again, albeit with the right man at the helm.

Who knows what the season holds but on evidence so far McGlynn will have us challenging which is a welcome change. 

We have our deficiencies yes, but others clubs have too and I dont see anything we should be scared of. I'd much rather have McGlynn than McPake, Gibson or McCabe. That gives us hope, something we've not had for a while. 

Guest Brockvillenomore
6 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I refer you to the reply I gave some moments ago.

And I refer you to your latest selfie and the dictionary definition of a false sense of entitlement. 😴

On 04/08/2022 at 22:14, RC55 FFC said:

Superb. Elliots for a catch up? If you are free on the Monday evening before or after I know how you could spend an hour too 👀🎙🎧

It wouldn’t be a home game without a beer in Elliots.

And I’ve noticed the cup game is on the Tuesday as well.

On 04/08/2022 at 14:09, Harry Kinnear said:

Well it’s match day & 3 of us heading over to game today which got me wondering how many of a travelling support we will take? Is a 1000 a reasonable estimate I wonder given it’s a decent day weather wise & early in the season with reasonable optimism for months ahead