The Falkirk FC Thread

One starter from last week out for tomorrow and one from the bench last week also out. You're no fairly comfortable John, you still need a creative midfielder.

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/i-am-fairly-comfortable-with-what-i-have-got-now-falkirk-boss-john-mcglynn-on-his-squad-ahead-of-airdrieonians-clash-3794406

5 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

One starter from last week out for tomorrow and one from the bench last week also out. You're no fairly comfortable John, you still need a creative midfielder.

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/i-am-fairly-comfortable-with-what-i-have-got-now-falkirk-boss-john-mcglynn-on-his-squad-ahead-of-airdrieonians-clash-3794406

Anyone else get the feeling “that’s it” for anyone else coming in ?

5 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Think we’ll see at least one more coming in on loan going by Mcglynns comments at the Q&A.  Think anything over and above that will depend on getting players out the door first.

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

McGlynn did say he was still looking for a striker and a winger so possibly just the one left to come in which would explain the 'fairly comfortable' we won't see anymore on top of that unless we move the likes of Sneddon, Ross, Wilson & Malcolm on which is obviously proving incredibly difficult.

Goalkeeper 
PJ Morrison
Paddy Martin

Defenders
Blair Sneddon
Ryan Williamson
Brad Mckay
Leon McCann
Paul Watson
Liam Henderson
Coll Donaldson
Sean Mackie

Midfielders
Stephen Mcginn
Callumn Morrison
Steven Hetherington
Aidan Nesbitt
Craig Mcguffie
Seb Ross
Finn Yeats
Pearse Carroll (A)
Lennon Walker (A) - On loan to Bo'ness United
Scott Honeyman (A) - On loan to East Stirlingshire
Kai Kennedy

Strikers
Rumarn Burrell
Gary Oliver
Juan Alegria
Jaime Wilson
Finlay Malcolm
Kyle Connolly (A) 

Guest Caractacus Potts
6 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

McGlynn did say he was still looking for a striker and a winger so possibly just the one left to come in which would explain the 'fairly comfortable' we won't see anymore on top of that unless we move the likes of Sneddon, Ross, Wilson & Malcolm on which is obviously proving incredibly difficult.

Goalkeeper 
PJ Morrison
Paddy Martin

Defenders
Blair Sneddon
Ryan Williamson
Brad Mckay
Leon McCann
Paul Watson
Liam Henderson
Coll Donaldson
Sean Mackie

Midfielders
Stephen Mcginn
Callumn Morrison
Steven Hetherington
Aidan Nesbitt
Craig Mcguffie
Seb Ross
Finn Yeats
Pearse Carroll (A)
Lennon Walker (A) - On loan to Bo'ness United
Scott Honeyman (A) - On loan to East Stirlingshire
Kai Kennedy

Strikers
Rumarn Burrell
Gary Oliver
Juan Alegria
Jaime Wilson
Finlay Malcolm
Kyle Connolly (A) 

I’m still absolutely perplexed by the signing of Malcolm. Made zero sense at the time. 

49 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

We're also maybe waiting on B4L handing over the 10k they said they were going to give McGlynn in August.

Has this not happend yet? What’s the hold up, I thought B4L had stopped now? Surely it makes sense to get the money transferred ASAP to give McGlynn as much time as possible to use it before the transfer window closes, 10k could see us a decent loan player for the season.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

12 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Has this not happend yet? What’s the hold up, I thought B4L had stopped now? Surely it makes sense to get the money transferred ASAP to give McGlynn as much time as possible to use it before the transfer window closes, 10k could see us a decent loan player for the season.

I'm sure the statement they made at the time stated it would be near the end of August that the money was handed over as it was all winding up on August.

6 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

I agree but the thing that annoys me is that they were all developed my our very own academy. What we closed was the Forth Valley academy which may still have produced some.decent players but nothing like another Sibbs, Fulton, Kingsley etc. We had a golden era of youngsters a decade ago that would probably never have happened again.

It also mirrored us having Houston in charge that wouldn't play any of of the academy players unless his hands were tied. 

The mentioned three above and others had mistakes in them early on, it's all part of the learning curve but getting thrown in when you were the only option wasn't ideal.

We went from a starting 11 of academy players to 3 of them getting a game when his hands were tied in Houston's time.

Gasparoto playing in front of the Scotland u19 cap at full back told it's own story, previously Duffie got his opportunity at 17yr old

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

20th August.