The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Rocco said:

I also like McCann but there is no way we should be moving Mackie to LCB to accommodate him

Personally think Mackie has had his best games at centre back but I wouldn't experiment with the back four on Saturday. McCann also did what also Dowds did last season and have poorish games against their previous clubs.

Edited by MrDust

Mccann's a better footballer than Mackie imo but Mackie brings far more physicality to the team which is probably why McGlynn prefers him. 

Mackie did say in the post match interview last week that him playing centre back for most of preseason and the league cup has hindered him a bit in terms of fitness so he didn't feel he was getting up and down the wing as much so hopefully still more to come from him as the games progress.

9 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Personally think Mackie has had his best games at centre back but I wouldn't experiment with the back four on Saturday. McCann also did what also Dowds did last season and have poorish games against there previous clubs.

Doubtful whether McCann will start on Saturday anyway given Airdrie targeted him before by punting high balls over his head and he was getting caught out all the time. Didn't help ofcourse that his fellow defenders were fucking hopeless the entire season. 

5 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Taking triviality to a new high (or low) just seen McGlynn in a fairly old Audi, do we not supply the Manager with a car these days?

Could be his own choice right enough given the grim tax implications of having a company car.

That auld Audi is the company car.

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

It's a travesty he wasn't blessed with a decent set of lungs as technically he's different class. The only thing that's really ever held him back is his lack of an engine. Was toiling as soon as the second half started there.

Always thought if he had a bit more pace then he’d be at a much higher level. Would take him back in a heart beat though. 

Probably my favourite Sibbs moment was against Rangers at TFS. He had the ball about halfway on the main stand side when 3 huge Rangers players descended on him. Sibbs totally disappeared from view and I honestly expected him to be a crumpled heap but he managed to wriggle past the bemused Rangers guys and start an attack.

9 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Probably my favourite Sibbs moment was against Rangers at TFS. He had the ball about halfway on the main stand side when 3 huge Rangers players descended on him. Sibbs totally disappeared from view and I honestly expected him to be a crumpled heap but he managed to wriggle past the bemused Rangers guys and start an attack.

I'd struggle to pick between him announcing himself in the Queen of the south game, the hibs semi final goal and the game he tore Hearts a new one with Rory Loy at Tynecastle.

7 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Was it the same people that said Kingsley wasn’t good enough for us ?

We’ve suffered some appalling acts of appalling mismanagement, but shutting down the academy has set the club back years. Kingsley Sibbs Arfield…………….absolutely brutal.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

We’ve suffered some appalling acts of appalling mismanagement, but shutting down the academy has set the club back years. Kingsley Sibbs Arfield…………….absolutely brutal.

I agree but the thing that annoys me is that they were all developed my our very own academy. What we closed was the Forth Valley academy which may still have produced some.decent players but nothing like another Sibbs, Fulton, Kingsley etc. We had a golden era of youngsters a decade ago that would probably never have happened again.

9 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

I agree but the thing that annoys me is that they were all developed my our very own academy. What we closed was the Forth Valley academy which may still have produced some.decent players but nothing like another Sibbs, Fulton, Kingsley etc. We had a golden era of youngsters a decade ago that would probably never have happened again.

Don’t agree. There are about 15 who were in the FVA who have now signed senior contracts. From James Maxwell who just signed for Doncaster, to Kieran Offord at St.Mirren, to the bunch at Dundee Utd and 4/5 at the Old Firm. 
The Academy took a hit when it moved to FVA but it was recovering and had we still had it we would have had a team full of those players again - and they would have been on less wages too. If you don’t believe me go ask our CEO he was there when it was shut.