The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Not sure how corporate hospitality is geared differently? There’s  zero marketing or certainly none that anyone is willing to share that would suggest so.

It seems corporate hospitality is in the Brockville lounge(again little detail on the website what involved). I’m not sure where  the Premier Club guys are pre match but presuming it’s also the Lounge then if I was going on my own and ending in the same place pre/post match then I think I’d prefer a premium seat and free booze rather than a seat in the directors box and a pay bar. 

By f**k you’re like a dog with a bone.

Guest Caractacus Potts
16 minutes ago, grumpyoldman said:

By f**k you’re like a dog with a bone.

In fairness I didn’t realise I was unravelling a riddle wrapped in a mystery when trying to discover details about the Premier Club. 

6 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

In fairness I didn’t realise I was unravelling a riddle wrapped in a mystery when trying to discover details about the Premier Club. 

Do you go to games with your pals? 

1 hour ago, Rocco said:

I also like McCann but there is no way we should be moving Mackie to LCB to accommodate him

The players we have would work best in a 3-5-2 for me.

PJ

Donaldson, Henderson (McKay for now), Mackie

Williamson, Yeats, McGinn, McGuffie, McCann

Burrell, Oliver

It would be nice to be able to sign a couple that would drop Williamson & McGuffie to the bench though.

41 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

The players we have would work best in a 3-5-2 for me.

PJ

Donaldson, Henderson (McKay for now), Mackie

Williamson, Yeats, McGinn, McGuffie, McCann

Burrell, Oliver

It would be nice to be able to sign a couple that would drop Williamson & McGuffie to the bench though.

I actually agree with the 352 as compared to last season i think we have the competence at the back and in midfield to do it well. 

Cannot begin to understand the desperation of some to see Leon McCann out the door, especially whilst plenty of last season's dregs continue to pollute the first team on a weekly basis. He's proven to be a perfectly decent player at this level with Airdrie. Continuously overlooked by the ludicrous Rennie in favour of the likes of McGuffie and not fancied by the new manager. Mackie is decent enough but offers nothing going forward. McCann probably the opposite, but when our attacking options are so woeful, he's worth keeping, even off the bench. Plus, you need a squad and McGlynn and long injury lists seem to be a common theme.

I contrast his situation to, off the top of my head, three of last season's garbage who continue to be selected week after week after week. Barely a decent performance between them in the best part of a year. Their sense of entitlement is palpable. One of them strolls straight back into the team after suspension. All three will start at Airdrie on Saturday and proceed to offer the square route of f**k all. Again. If circumstances had allowed, all three would be hunted from the club. But, aye, let's chuck McCann out the door before these three absolute wasters. Clueless.

Guest Brockvillenomore
1 hour ago, Caractacus Potts said:

jamie@falkirkfc.co.uk

I’m sure Jamie will be happy to help. When you get a reply let us all know. The thread is officially howling, cars, hospitality prices. I’m here for the craic and windups, not this p*sh 🤦🏼‍♂️

Guest Caractacus Potts
31 minutes ago, Brockvillenomore said:

jamie@falkirkfc.co.uk

I’m sure Jamie will be happy to help. When you get a reply let us all know. The thread is officially howling, cars, hospitality prices. I’m here for the craic and windups, not this p*sh 🤦🏼‍♂️

You’ve rarely talked about football or had the ‘craic’ on here. Like many though your opinions have changed. I’m just continuing to point out things that I find concerning or believe need improving. 

If it doesn’t interest you then you don’t have to reply. 

Guest Brockvillenomore
Just now, Caractacus Potts said:

You’ve rarely talked about football or had the ‘craic’ on here. Like many though your opinions have changed. I’m just continuing to point out things that I find concerning or believe need improving. 

If it doesn’t interest you then you don’t have to reply. 

P and B is also a spectator sport you know. 

And this isn’t craic? 

Seriously if you have concerns or thoughts, then ask the people who know, not an echo chamber. 

43 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Cannot begin to understand the desperation of some to see Leon McCann out the door, especially whilst plenty of last season's dregs continue to pollute the first team on a weekly basis. He's proven to be a perfectly decent player at this level with Airdrie. Continuously overlooked by the ludicrous Rennie in favour of the likes of McGuffie and not fancied by the new manager. Mackie is decent enough but offers nothing going forward. McCann probably the opposite, but when our attacking options are so woeful, he's worth keeping, even off the bench. Plus, you need a squad and McGlynn and long injury lists seem to be a common theme.

I contrast his situation to, off the top of my head, three of last season's garbage who continue to be selected week after week after week. Barely a decent performance between them in the best part of a year. Their sense of entitlement is palpable. One of them strolls straight back into the team after suspension. All three will start at Airdrie on Saturday and proceed to offer the square route of f**k all. Again. If circumstances had allowed, all three would be hunted from the club. But, aye, let's chuck McCann out the door before these three absolute wasters. Clueless.

I'm still holding out thin hope that said "three" get hunted, even one would be good, sadly they are that pish nobody else will be interested. Unless Tommy Wright gets a gig somewhere and hopefully takes Nesbitt. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
6 minutes ago, Brockvillenomore said:

P and B is also a spectator sport you know. 

And this isn’t craic? 

Seriously if you have concerns or thoughts, then ask the people who know, not an echo chamber. 

I was asking the people who knew!!

Guest Brockvillenomore
2 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I was asking the people who knew!!

So what’s the answer? 
I’m none the wiser. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 minutes ago, Brockvillenomore said:

So what’s the answer? 
I’m none the wiser. 

There’s a thing called the Premier Club, it’s open to a selected bunch of fans(or not?), it was/wasn’t emailed to fans, it costs the same price as corporate hospitality, allows you to sit in the directors box but without complimentary booze and a small selection of food on offer. Fancy it? 

Guest Brockvillenomore
10 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

There’s a thing called the Premier Club, it’s open to a selected bunch of fans(or not?), it was/wasn’t emailed to fans, it costs the same price as corporate hospitality, allows you to sit in the directors box but without complimentary booze and a small selection of food on offer. Fancy it? 

As clear as mud tbh. I’ve already paid my ST so not my bag. Even if I hadn’t.

I’m sure Jamie can give you the whole story, or the board email address which is from memory board@falkirkf .co.uk. 

This is a total yawn fest but I think I’m committed to spinning down the drain with you on this one 🤪

Guest Brockvillenomore
14 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Are you trying to restart this topic or close it down? ….emoji3.png

Not sure tbh. It’s kind of like what I imagine sitting on the back of a greased pig would be like.