The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

f**k me Falkirk, please sign someone, anyone just to get us all talking about the team again 🙏🏻👍

Noticed Leon McCann on the bench against Montrose, I take it Mackie (good player) will be starting left back injuries permitting... Can you see McCann being available to clubs so as you can sign another striker or two....

2 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Not sure how corporate hospitality is geared differently? There’s  zero marketing or certainly none that anyone is willing to share that would suggest so.

It seems corporate hospitality is in the Brockville lounge(again little detail on the website what involved). I’m not sure where  the Premier Club guys are pre match but presuming it’s also the Lounge then if I was going on my own and ending in the same place pre/post match then I think I’d prefer a premium seat and free booze rather than a seat in the directors box and a pay bar. 

It has its own room along from the main hospitality lounge. 

Just now, Passionate said:

Noticed Leon McCann on the bench against Montrose, I take it Mackie (good player) will be starting left back injuries permitting... Can you see McCann being available to clubs so as you can sign another striker or two....

I like McCann and would like to see him maybe given a chance further up the park. I know there’s quite a few fans don’t fancy him however, but for me there would be about 6 or 7 ahead of him in the queue to get punted.

23 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Be a lot less if people weren’t fuzzy about the details. It got mentioned so wanted to find out more. 

Anyway now the details are out then fair play to those paying for it as doesn’t sound very appealing to me. Just hope it is open to all and not the start of a new clique within the club. 

FFS it has been there nearly 20 years. 5 of the 6 of us who joined simply went for a few beers to watch our team on Saturday and had a few laughs. Nothing more nothing less. 

I like McCann and would like to see him maybe given a chance further up the park. I know there’s quite a few fans don’t fancy him however, but for me there would be about 6 or 7 ahead of him in the queue to get punted.
When considering a punt list, McCann shouldn't figure on it at all for me. Defence is relatively speaking an embarrassment of riches, so you might well allow McCann to go if it directly led to the ability to strengthen the forward areas. But I'd quite like to see him getting in the team to provide a better threat from the full back area.

The problem for him of course is that Mackie has been very good and you probably want him in the side.

McGlynns job to make it work, but its attacking threat we lack so I think he has to look at that at least.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

When considering a punt list, McCann shouldn't figure on it at all for me. Defence is relatively speaking an embarrassment of riches, so you might well allow McCann to go if it directly led to the ability to strengthen the forward areas. But I'd quite like to see him getting in the team to provide a better threat from the full back area.

The problem for him of course is that Mackie has been very good and you probably want him in the side.

McGlynns job to make it work, but its attacking threat we lack so I think he has to look at that at least.

I agree, I wouldn’t have him on the punt list. I would try him on the left of midfield as he puts a better ball in than the likes of Morrison and is good at getting up and down the flanks. I think him and Mackie on the left would be worth a try.

29 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Imo McCann will not be at the club at the end of August.

4 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Imo McCann will not be at the club at the end of August.

Still think he is our best attacking option up the left flank with Mackie in a left centre role.  A good example was the goal against Hibs from McCann’s cross …..and Mackies great covering tackle when McCann was caught out playing outside left.

29 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Taking triviality to a new high (or low) just seen McGlynn in a fairly old Audi, do we not supply the Manager with a car these days?

Could be his own choice right enough given the grim tax implications of having a company car.

Very low. I saw it on Saturday and it looked it good nick 

12 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Still think he is our best attacking option up the left flank with Mackie in a left centre role.  A good example was the goal against Hibs from McCann’s cross …..and Mackies great covering tackle when McCann was caught out playing outside left.

Why do some people keep saying play Mackie at LCB? We have just signed Donaldson and Henderson and not to mention Watson coming back from injury, as well as, the new Brad McKay. 

Mackie would struggle to get a game against these guys so it’s directly between him and McCann for left back, which it looks like Mackie is winning

Why do some people keep saying play Mackie at LCB? We have just signed Donaldson and Henderson and not to mention Watson coming back from injury, as well as, the new Brad McKay. 

Mackie would struggle to get a game against these guys so it’s directly between him and McCann for left back, which it looks like Mackie is winning
To not drop Mackie and get Leon McCann into the side.

4 minutes ago, Bairn winner said:

McCann should be kept in my opinion, he has shown there is a good player there just needs proper coaching and a chance in the team whether at left back or left midfield.

I also like McCann but there is no way we should be moving Mackie to LCB to accommodate him

56 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Taking triviality to a new high (or low) just seen McGlynn in a fairly old Audi, do we not supply the Manager with a car these days?

Could be his own choice right enough given the grim tax implications of having a company car.

He is or was in the market for a new car recently. He requested the car to be navy blue.

I know someone who works for Peter Vardy leasing, that's how I know.

6 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

He is or was in the market for a new car recently. He requested the car to be navy blue.

I know someone who works for Peter Vardy leasing, that's how I know.

Better also be in the market for someone who's going to create us some fucking goals.

43 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Watson will still be some time away. Plus I'm not sure he is as good as what we now have.  Henderson can move into the middle. That leaves Donaldson, McKay and Mackie. Although McKay looks a new player, I think Mackie is better than him.