The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
10 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I’m continually amazed at some of the daft stuff some of our fans find to complain about on here, to the point it’s actually now quite amusing. Is it just a Falkirk thing? 

I get that but I honestly can’t tell if playing Leon McCann in midfield will work or putting Henderson up front or whatever it may be. What I know is that if you don’t advertise something then it’s less likely to sell and if the club is making less money then there’s less chance of bringing in good players. 

The other concerns about people leaving are valid too. 

Each to their own though. You don’t have to respond if it doesn’t interest you. 

2 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

So is it just open to a select group or open to all? 

Can you describe what it entails please? Do you get in the boardroom prior to the match? 

No Boardroom 
Small food selection and a pay bar.

I don’t think it is a closed shop. I think it can hold 15-20 but not sure exactly. 
As I said before it has been there since the stadium opened as far as I know. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

An awful lot of money for very little in return it appears.
Appreciate the cash is going to the club though….

I think it is expensive yes, especially as I won’t make every game. Just trying to help out as much as I can I guess 

Guest Caractacus Potts
22 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I think it is expensive yes, especially as I won’t make every game. Just trying to help out as much as I can I guess 

So the corporate hospitality with complimentary drinks is around the same price at £1440 but the Premier Club has a pay bar in exchange for a seat in the directors box? Fair play for paying that. Do you even have a box to sit in? 

Can understand why it hasn’t sold out if that’s what it entails. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

53 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I get that but I honestly can’t tell if playing Leon McCann in midfield will work or putting Henderson up front or whatever it may be. What I know is that if you don’t advertise something then it’s less likely to sell and if the club is making less money then there’s less chance of bringing in good players. 

Never said I wasn’t interested, always interested in all things Falkirk FC. Amazed was the word I used,  the level of tantrum and negativity over a particular hospitality package that apparently hasn’t been well enough advertised for some is a good example of what I mean tho. If you can’t see that then that’s fine, might just be me 🤷‍♂️

Edited by LatapyBairn.

46 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Players changing positions in their careers is the norm and should not even be seen as anything special when it happens.

Its a nonissue and managers with will try these things out all the time sometimes necessity throws a player into a position out of desperation and suddenly it's like a new signing Yogi Hughes being is a very good example.

Guest Caractacus Potts
5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Fair play to the club looking for any and every revenue stream possible.

For the life of me though, I cannot figure out why paying a wild amount of money to pretend to be a board member is getting so much oxygen on a fan forum.

Be a lot less if people weren’t fuzzy about the details. It got mentioned so wanted to find out more. 

Anyway now the details are out then fair play to those paying for it as doesn’t sound very appealing to me. Just hope it is open to all and not the start of a new clique within the club. 

12 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

So the corporate hospitality with complimentary drinks is around the same price at £1440 but the Premier Club has a pay bar in exchange for a seat in the directors box? Fair play for paying that. Do you even have a box to sit in? 

Can understand why it hasn’t sold out if that’s what it entails. 

The Premier Club, is stumping up for a Full Season maybe in an environment with like minded people. One business man might choose to go there own their own and mix with others £ 1440

Nobody is going to go to Corporate Hospitality on their own, its geared for small and larger groups and can be booked on a match to match basis. £50

There's the difference £ 1390 and 17 matches

1 minute ago, NUMBER 7 said:

The Premier Club, is stumping up for a Full Season maybe in an environment with like minded people. One business man might choose to go there own their own and mix with others £ 1440

Nobody is going to go to Corporate Hospitality on their own, its geared for small and larger groups and can be booked on a match to match basis. £50

Have these people never heard of LinkedIn for publicly flexing their ego 😂

Guest Caractacus Potts
9 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Not sure how corporate hospitality is geared differently? There’s  zero marketing or certainly none that anyone is willing to share that would suggest so.

It seems corporate hospitality is in the Brockville lounge(again little detail on the website what involved). I’m not sure where  the Premier Club guys are pre match but presuming it’s also the Lounge then if I was going on my own and ending in the same place pre/post match then I think I’d prefer a premium seat and free booze rather than a seat in the directors box and a pay bar.