The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 minute ago, Rizzo said:

I like the idea of a children's hospitality package. Doe that come with complimentary irn bru?

Sherbet Dib DAB too I’d hope. 

8 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Is this the Premier Club? It’s the only thing I can see that may be it on the hospitality offerings. Says nothing about sitting in the directors box though. 

6DEE8880-8E4F-4CED-822B-209DA45FE373.jpeg

Nope that is not it 

22 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Not sure I get where you are going. 

The board members are all on other social media platforms, why would they need someone to report back what a small pool of 20/30 Bairns fans have said on here? Twitter & FB both carry far higher numbers of fans with a far higher number of comments about the club. Yes? 

Edited to add - they even watch/listen to podcasts I believe 👀😂

You'd need to ask them that.

29 minutes ago, Jackie Myles said:

Zbairn highlighted the issue perfectly  a few pages back.  

Would you mind spelling it out to me in that case, I’ve obviously missed it. Just put in black and white what the perceived issue is please because I’ve still not read anything of substance.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

19 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Is this the Premier Club? It’s the only thing I can see that may be it on the hospitality offerings. Says nothing about sitting in the directors box though. 

6DEE8880-8E4F-4CED-822B-209DA45FE373.jpeg

No it’s not that one. Premier Club doesn’t look bookable online, email states to email the new marketing guys. I assume that’s due to limited capacity (states max of 20) due to lounge size. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
8 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Nope that is not it 

Where is it available to buy as can’t see it advertised anywhere and I don’t appear to have the email that was advertising it.

Also the corporate hospitality presuming the drinks package included is £30/match extra as it is with the VIP boxes then that would also equate to £1440/season but without the benefit of sitting in the directors box. I am ofcourse presuming the Premier Club includes complimentary drinks? 

12 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Would you mind spelling it out to me in that case, I’ve obviously missed it. Just put in black and white what we the perceived issue is please.

The 'perceived' issue is that the bod has a voting clique which has been created and is preventing the fss director from having any influence or say in matters. This perhaps wouldn't be such a great issue if the club had been on a sound financial footing but that is far from the case and the voting clique has just seen the guy on the bod tasked with sorting this financial mess out resign.  Now if the guy in charge of finances is being ignored it doesn't bode well in my opinion and the appointment of an independent chairman would hopefully improve things in the short term.

Edited by Jackie Myles

3 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Where is it available to buy as can’t see it advertised anywhere and I don’t appear to have the email that was advertising it.

Also the corporate hospitality presuming the drinks package included is £30/match extra as it is with the VIP boxes then that would also equate to £1440/season but without the benefit of sitting in the directors box. I am ofcourse presuming the Premier Club includes complimentary drinks? 

Should it not be renamed the league one club as well?

13 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

See my other reply above, it’s not available online, looks like only bookable via marketing so you need to call/email them. VIP boxes sit beside the directors seats, always been the case. Same with match sponsor.

And no it’s a pay bar going by the info sent to me, only soft drinks are complimentary. So fairly premium for the price considering that. 

Im sure the marketing guys will be happy to send you on the info if you ask.

Edited by RC55 FFC

Guest Caractacus Potts
23 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

No it’s not that one. Premier Club doesn’t look bookable online, email states to email the new marketing guys. I assume that’s due to limited capacity (states max of 20) due to lounge size. 

Can understand the limitations but if only 6 have bought it then why not advertise it more heavily? The club is needing money so if there are 14 spaces to fill then why not publicly try to fill them! 

If everyone is spending so much time at the club why are these things being missed? Any offering that gives money to the club should be easy to find and marketed well. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

21 minutes ago, Jackie Myles said:

The 'perceived' issue is that the bod has a voting clique which has been created and is preventing the fss director from having any influence or say in matters. This perhaps wouldn't be such a great issue if the club had been on a sound financial footing but that is far from the case and the voting clique has just seen the guy on the bod tasked with sorting this financial mess out resign.  Now if the guy in charge of finances is being ignored it doesn't bode well in my opinion.

I always presumed Gordon Wright was the financial guy with the club accounts being outsourced to Drummond Laurie but I am happy for you to tell me that’s wrong if I’m mistaken, we also have a new head of commercial who I can tell you from experience has already been extremely active in bringing in new money. On the this so called voting “clique” are you telling me DM has voted one way on an issue or issues and the other 5 have voted differently? If that’s all it is then I’m sorry but it’s how a board room functions and I see no reason to dis trust the decision making process at this juncture, a lot of new sponsorship has already been announced under the new BOD and we are making slow steady progress on the pitch. There are also two reps from the FSS, has Nigel Serafini been part of this “voting clique” as well? Who’s to say Nigel’s take on things is wrong and Douglas’s is correct? Or indeed who’s to say the other directors are wrong with Douglas being correct? And that’s me taking you at face value that Douglas has not been happy about being out voted on certain issues as other than from you on this forum Douglas himself, the club, or the FSS have said nothing to suggest this is the case.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

8 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Can understand the limitations but if only 6 have bought it then why not advertise it more heavily? The club is needing money so if there are 14 spaces to fill then why not publicly try to fill them! 

If everyone is spending so much time at the club why are these things being missed? Anything offering that gives money to the club should be easy to find and marketed well. 

A "premium" hospitality that is almost impossible to purchase, hasn't got anywhere close to selling out, and can only be found by emailing someone - when we are meant to be penny pinching and finding income sources in every nook and cranny - is absolutely tragic lets be honest. 

10 hours ago, Jackie Myles said:

I'm sure some people would love to say more about a number of things but there's at least one poster on here that will just report back to the board everything that's been said  in the same way they've been doing for a while now. . 

I assume this refers to me?

That’s not a new one; I’ve been accused of being a board sycophant / areselicker (inset any random insult here) by multiple people in relation to different boards over the years. Usually in an attempt to discredit something I’ve said.  

Which part of the current board am I reporting to?

Is it all of them? There appears to be a disagreement between one former board member and presumably two of the others, at least judging by your claims. Am I on the side of the FSS, which I should be given that I’m a member, just as I was of Bairnstrust? Or am I siding with the two patrons and reporting back to them? Or am I part of some fiendish plot by the old MSG board to undermine everybody? 😆

It’s complete nonsense, just like most of the conspiracies that get aired on here.

I have no communications or contacts with anyone of the board. The only time I normally see them is when they walk into the office on a day I’m working there. Two of them - Nigel Serafini & Kenny Jamieson - are folk I’ve barely spoken to, though when we have chatted I’ve found them to be pleasant & personable. The same description would apply to former director Douglas Moodie.

Of the remaining two, I like Gordon Wright. He seems to be at most of the youth games I watch and any director that goes to see the kids gets brownie points from me. He often stops to chat about their performance when he’s walking along the touchline at the end of a game. I just find him to be a pleasant, inoffensive old man.

As I think I said previously, Keith Gourlay and I are former work colleagues. He always makes a point of coming over for a blether when he sees me and we do get on well. I’d describe us as being friendly but not quite friends. We didn’t keep in touch during the 20 years our careers diverged and we’re not in touch now, despite your insinuations to the contrary.

That’s probably all I want to say on board stuff as I think folk are getting bored with it.

9 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

With regards to the Doug Moodie / BOD / FSS situation, on the one hand I’m keen to know as much as possible about what’s what, while on the other hand I don’t want to see our dirty linen aired on a public forum for all the other clubs’ supporters to see.

I’m just wondering that for sensitive info like this if we could set up a PM chain mail system where we could pass on the information more privately?

In the past I’ve PMd  @Harry Kinnear, @Grangemouth Bairn and @Shadwell Dog (if you’re still coming on to view the forum / thread without posting, come back and post soon bud). I’m sure if we organized a few chains of maybe 10 posters each we could all very quickly be kept in the loop but it would all be kept “in house” away from prying eyes.

Am I making things too much cloak and dagger?

I'm quite happy now just viewing the forum mate. Enjoyed getting involved before but when you post something on an anonymous forum and the next day a director of the club has your name and phone number and is trying to contact you then you know it's time to call it a day I'm afraid 

15 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I always presumed Gordon Wright was the financial guy with the club accounts being outsourced to Drummond Laurie but I am happy for you to tell me that’s wrong if I’m mistaken. On the the voting “clique” are you telling me DM has voted one way on an issue or issues and the other 5 have voted differently? If that’s all it is then I’m sorry but it’s how a board room functions and I see no reason to dis trust the decision making process at this juncture, a lot of new sponsorship has already been announced under the new BOD and we are making slow steady progress on the pitch. There are also two reps from the FSS, has Nigel Serafini been part of this “voting clique” as well? Who’s to say Nigel’s take on things is wrong and Douglas’s is correct? Or indeed who’s to say the other directors are wrong with Douglas being correct? And that’s me taking you at face value the Douglas has not been happy about being out voted in certain issues as other than from you on this forum Douglas himself, the club, or the FSS have said nothing.

Is it a 6 Directors Board? I thought it was 5. KG, KM, GW, NS and DM. It’s now a 4 man Board…..KG, KM, NS, and GW (who I think acts as Club Secretary).

Guest Brockvillenomore
10 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I'm quite happy now just viewing the forum mate. Enjoyed getting involved before but when you post something on an anonymous forum and the next day a director of the club has your name and phone number and is trying to contact you then you know it's time to call it a day I'm afraid 

As I recall you accused a Director of committing a £25k fraud and eventually deleted the post. Quite rightly.

You’re lucky it wasn’t the police on the phone. As I replied to you the original post is there and I will happily repost if need be. 

19 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

A "premium" hospitality that is almost impossible to purchase, hasn't got anywhere close to selling out, and can only be found by emailing someone - when we are meant to be penny pinching and finding income sources in every nook and cranny - is absolutely tragic lets be honest. 

In defence of the new marketing guys, up until a month ago the ONLY way to buy any hospitality was by emailing someone as they rarely answered the phone. 

You can now buy online almost every package & for the full season if you want. Not too shabby. 

Re this package being debated, it’s never been advertised as long as I remember & as was said earlier, it’s been there since the stadium opened in the Alex Parker Lounge. 

13 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Is it a 6 Directors Board? I thought it was 5. KG, KM, GW, NS and DM. It’s now a 4 man Board…..KG, KM, NS, and GW (who I think acts as Club Secretary).

Sorry your correct, it was a 5 man BOD not 6. My calculator obviously not working! Lol