The Falkirk FC Thread

20 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Has this ever been advertised as it’s the first I’ve heard about it and just had a look at the website but no mention of it! Surely as a source of income when the club desperately needs it, it should be advertised for anyone to buy or is it only offered to a select few!?

Also there’s no mention of the corporate hospitality package on the website which appears as an option for a seasons pass for hospitality, same with the VIP pass. Why are these things not advertised more and almost hidden away!? Another thing to show our things aren’t functioning as they should be! 

I received an email about the Premier Club a couple of weeks back. Sure it’s been advertised by the club too although don’t disagree with the website section, it’s still not updated, bugs me everytime I see Harry Burgoyne & Zak Rudden in the lounge pics 😂

Just checked the email and it does indeed come with a directors box seat. £1250 plus vat is the cost. 

11 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Surely in a BOD situation unanimous consensus can’t always happen but every director should agree to go with the majority vote on any particular decision. People in these positions should surely realise that. 

You should watch the film "The Death of Stalin" and see what happens when a collective group try to make a decision.  Don't think Beria was too happy in the end !

21 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Has this ever been advertised as it’s the first I’ve heard about it and just had a look at the website but no mention of it! Surely as a source of income when the club desperately needs it, it should be advertised for anyone to buy or is it only offered to a select few!?

Also there’s no mention of the corporate hospitality package on the website which appears as an option for a seasons pass for hospitality, same with the VIP pass. Why are these things not advertised more and almost hidden away!? Another thing to show our things aren’t functioning as they should be! 

This, I believe, has been in existence since the Stadium was built. @RC55 FFC is there or there about with the cost. On top of that most if not all of the people who joined this season have also bought their ST’s in the main stand. Those who joined the Premier Club are also not all Patrons. 
Hopefully that clears the chat up about freebees getting dished out. 

13 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

As far as I am aware every single member on the board is trying to “fix” the club as you put it and up to this point I’ve been impressed with how they have started to turn things around, I wasn’t aware that DM was carrying the full thing on his own shoulders with the rest of the guys sitting about picking there nose but if you have evidence of this please do tell?!  In reality this will be a storm in a tea cup, the FSS will elect a new member to sit on the BOD and the world will keep spinning. Falkirk fans do seem to love a drama, if we are struggling to find something to have a moan about at any given point by god somebody will find something somewhere! 

Where did I say anyone was doing nothing? I've no doubt they are all putting in a lot of work it's who decides what they are working on that's the issue here. If you're a member of fss you want your group to have real influence and not to be seen as just some monthly fund provider of extra dough.

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

If our finances are as bad as people say they are then not one single freebie ticket should be getting handed out to friends of the board. Everybody should be happy and willing to pay their way for the sake of the club.

Hopefully my answer above clears up this freebee chat 

20 minutes ago, Jackie Myles said:

Where did I say anyone was doing nothing? I've no doubt they are all putting in a lot of work it's who decides what they are working on that's the issue here. If you're a member of fss you want your group to have real influence and not to be seen as just some monthly fund provider of extra dough.

I am a member and I don’t see the FSS in that way in the slightest so I’ll respectfully disagree with your opinion here, I think you are wrong. Having two reps on such a small board is quite considerable clout, especially for the current level of shareholding. If there are individual issues where the two guys are outvoted by the other 4 on the board then that’s inevitable in a board room situation, we have to trust which ever consensus the people we have put in place decide upon and make it work, they will stand or fall by that. Incidentally what exactly is the “issue” you mention here? I am not aware of there being one as nobody has stated specifically other wise, all we have had is some smoke and gossip created on an anonymous online forum without any actual substance.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

7 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Is that not what footballs supposed to be?

I once saw Scot Gardiner smiling right after we scored a goal.  Fucking disgusting.

Guest Caractacus Potts
42 minutes ago, FFC1982 said:

Its on the app and I’m sure there were a fair few posts about hospitality options at the time. I don’t think this is one thats been hidden away, probably just that not a lot of people want to pay £1500 a season so not a lot of chat about it.

We have an app!? Can you link it please as can’t find it!

Guest Caractacus Potts
23 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

I received an email about the Premier Club a couple of weeks back. Sure it’s been advertised by the club too although don’t disagree with the website section, it’s still not updated, bugs me everytime I see Harry Burgoyne & Zak Rudden in the lounge pics 😂

Just checked the email and it does indeed come with a directors box seat. £1250 plus vat is the cost. 

Could you forward the content of the email please? I don’t have it. Was it sent via the club!?

54 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I’m pretty sure I got an email from the club with all the options for hospitality including the VIP/Premier club options a few weeks back. I deleted it as I’ve no interest in the prawn sandwich brigade 🤣🤣🤣, only joking.

I too was emailed offering me hospitality packages. I’m pretty sure everyone you saw paid in some manner to be there. All directors pay for their season ticket including the FSS fan directors. That as far as I know has been the case for a number of years. No one is getting any sort of serious freebies. 

54 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I am a member and I don’t see the FSS in that way in the slightest so I’ll respectfully disagree with your opinion here, I think you are wrong. Having two reps on such a small board is quite considerable clout, especially for the current level of shareholding. If there are individual issues where the two guys are outvoted by the other 4 on the board then that’s inevitable in a board room situation, we have to trust which ever consensus the people we have put in place decide upon and make it work, they will stand or fall by that. Incidentally what exactly is the “issue” you mention here? I am not aware of there being one as nobody has stated specifically other wise, all we have had is some smoke and gossip created on an anonymous online forum without any actual substance.

Zbairn highlighted the issue perfectly  a few pages back.  

12 minutes ago, Jackie Myles said:

Nah not BPM.

Not sure I get where you are going. 

The board members are all on other social media platforms, why would they need someone to report back what a small pool of 20/30 Bairns fans have said on here? Twitter & FB both carry far higher numbers of fans with a far higher number of comments about the club. Yes? 

Edited to add - they even watch/listen to podcasts I believe 👀😂

Edited by RC55 FFC

Guest Caractacus Potts

Is this the Premier Club? It’s the only thing I can see that may be it on the hospitality offerings. Says nothing about sitting in the directors box though. 

6DEE8880-8E4F-4CED-822B-209DA45FE373.jpeg

2 hours ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

You just had a look at the directors box on Saturday to see a few mates enjoying an afternoon out. 

Sometimes I actually think is there any point to Falkirk FC bothering to exist when I read this post! The insinuation I assume is that the guys sitting in the Directors Box were there on a jolly courtesy of the current Directors? By all means have a go when it is justified, but for the love of God, get your facts right before you spout what is, in essence, absolute garbage.  FYI the 6 people have all paid £1,450 a head which equates to £8,700 to join The Premier Club and in some cases have also purchased their seats in the main stand to HELP the football club as it needs every penny it can possibly get. Incidentally, not all of them are Patrons which seems to be a bit of a bug bear at the moment with some posters on here. Tell you what, pop up before the Peterhead game a week on Saturday and we can happily have a chat and I will bring you as a guest to the next home game after that one and I will pay the £80.00 cost for you to come which again will help our club.  We have just finished top of our League Cup Section and have a new management team in place which has given everyone confidence going into the new season. Can you and a number of others on here not just focus on the positives rather than constantly looking at things which, quite frankly don't really matter? We are all supposed to be in this together for the love of OUR club for goodness sake.