The Falkirk FC Thread

Interesting all the sides going on here!

In one we have the friends of the outgoing FSS director making vague accusations of discord in the board and being liked by all the ex board stirrers and trying to keep the unrest going.

In another, we have acquaintances of current insiders (or really balanced people) trying to get over we don't know the facts and trying to calm it down.

Then most of the rest either unaware or don't want to say.

It's a shame, as all the good debate and posters are going missing while this is fought out. 

Pretty embarrassing really in my view.

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I’m not assuming anything regarding the Douglas Moodie resignation gossip, I’m not even presuming there has been some kind of “disagreement” yet and nor should anybody else be to be honest, in fact I actually think him stepping down is most likely storm in a tea cup type stuff that shouldn’t really detract from the bigger picture. I was merely responding to another post regarding running the club by consensus and how it should work which in my opinion is totally correct, we are heading toward majority fan ownership and no single shareholder or director should presume they’re opinion out weighs that of the collective. 

We have 400 oddfans though paying in upwards of a tenner month which is a decent amount of cash for the club. That allows us to vote on two reps to give us influence in the way the club is run and the decision making process. Now running the club via consensus is fine as long as you don't end up in the situation mentioned earlier where a voting clique occurs and some directors are then sidelined and the fss ends up having little or no influence at all and the club is simply treating it as a means of extra funds every month.   Let's not forget that the club is still teetering on the brink of going bust and we've just lost the guy trying to fix that side of things. If your not concerned then you really should be.

Edited by Jackie Myles

21 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Interesting all the sides going on here!

In one we have the friends of the outgoing FSS director making vague accusations of discord in the board and being liked by all the ex board stirrers and trying to keep the unrest going.

In another, we have acquaintances of current insiders (or really balanced people) trying to get over we don't know the facts and trying to calm it down.

Then most of the rest either unaware or don't want to say.

It's a shame, as all the good debate and posters are going missing while this is fought out. 

Pretty embarrassing really in my view.

I'm sure some people would love to say more about a number of things but there's at least one poster on here that will just report back to the board everything that's been said  in the same way they've been doing for a while now. . 

Anyway….

Looking forward to seeing what Saturday brings. Can see a decent travelling support heading through and a couple of changes from last Saturdays match. 

Tickets should be on sale for Edinburgh away in a fortnight too. Hearing we’ll get just over 700 tickets. 

3 minutes ago, Jackie Myles said:

I'm sure some people would love to say more about a number of things but there's at least one poster on here that will just report back to the board everything that's been said  in the same way they've been doing for a while now. . 

Bit paranoid to suggest there is a spy in our midst feeding back to board especially when information on this thread is open to every Tom, Fife and Harry

8 minutes ago, Higgenarse said:

Bit paranoid to suggest there is a spy in our midst feeding back to board especially when information on this thread is open to every Tom, Fife and Harry

Of course anyone can come on and read it themselves  but it's a bit different when you've been given the job of doing it specifically.

6 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

One of a few rumours doing the rounds.

More likely to get him perhaps even after the transfer window has shut but the loan market is still open. If he hasn't had much game time they may let him go elsewhere even though neilson has so far stated he isn't going anywhere.

With regards to the Doug Moodie / BOD / FSS situation, on the one hand I’m keen to know as much as possible about what’s what, while on the other hand I don’t want to see our dirty linen aired on a public forum for all the other clubs’ supporters to see.

I’m just wondering that for sensitive info like this if we could set up a PM chain mail system where we could pass on the information more privately?

In the past I’ve PMd  @Harry Kinnear, @Grangemouth Bairn and @Shadwell Dog (if you’re still coming on to view the forum / thread without posting, come back and post soon bud). I’m sure if we organized a few chains of maybe 10 posters each we could all very quickly be kept in the loop but it would all be kept “in house” away from prying eyes.

Am I making things too much cloak and dagger?

7 hours ago, Springfield said:

FSS DIRECTOR

FSS members would have been disappointed to see the news that Doug Moodie had stood down from the Falkirk board of directors earlier this week.

Doug was elected to the board by FSS members March this year, having served previously as a volunteer helping rebuild the club behind the scenes.

Since his appointment as director, Doug did a great deal of good work upgrading the finance systems and operations, delivering many other club projects as shared across the board/club volunteers, as well as recently taking on responsibility for data compliance.

Doug regularly attended FSS committee meetings alongside Nigel, answering questions frankly and keeping us informed. He also participated enthusiastically in the numerous fans’ events organised by FSS as well as the club’s information evenings earlier in the season.  Doug had also taken on Presidency of The Stirlingshire FA with a view to re-invigorating the tournament across a wider level of participation including youth, womens’ and other groups.

There is bound to be speculation about the resignation of a board member. Out of respect to Doug and to the board, we don’t want to add to that speculation as everyone is working so hard to bring success back to the club, not least all our members who contribute in many different ways. We do however owe our members as much transparency as possible.

Doug has told us to pass on his thanks to FSS members for their support, encouragement and friendship, and would like us to record his warmest thanks for all the various messages of support and thanks he has received the past few days since the announcement was made. He will continue to be a staunch supporter of the club and of FSS’s aims, and looks forward to potentially playing a more active role in FSS moving forward. His experiences and insights into how our club can be successful again will be taken on board by FSS.  Doug looks forward to seeing many of you in the stands this season at games home and away, and is always open for a natter on all matters football related as we get behind John, Paul and the team this season.

We hope to have a meeting with the Board soon where we can discuss any lessons we can all learn from the first 6 months of fan involvement. It’s clear that we need to think carefully about how our model can succeed. We are however determined to ensure fans’ retain an effective voice at the heart of the club, achieved via democratic elections. We will seek a replacement fans’ director for Doug as soon as possible.

I’m sorry but what the f**k is that? Never mind this “I’ll see you at the games” pish. This guy had been elected by a group of fans who are investing money every month and he’s suddenly chucked it. Why? Staunch fan, worked hard, enthusiastic participation?? Why has he left?? 

16 hours ago, Zbairn said:

Playing devil's advocate here..... but if you have one or two directors forming a clique and getting their mates involved (who are not Directors), it might just p**s off the others who have been voted on by the FSS.  Then you have a hostile atmosphere that descends into chaos !

We have just come out from that scenario with previous BoD's.... let's hope we are not moving back in that direction !

You just had a look at the directors box on Saturday to see a few mates enjoying an afternoon out. 

3 minutes ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

You just had a look at the directors box on Saturday to see a few mates enjoying an afternoon out. 

If our finances are as bad as people say they are then not one single freebie ticket should be getting handed out to friends of the board. Everybody should be happy and willing to pay their way for the sake of the club.

57 minutes ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

If you are talking about the patrons then you may want to know that a large number of them are now paid up members of the Premier Club/Lounge hospitality which includes a directors box seat. 

I believe the cost is around £1500 per season from memory but that could be wrong but sure it’s in that ball park. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
10 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

If you are talking about the patrons then you may want to know that a large number of them are now paid up members of the Premier Club/Lounge hospitality which includes a directors box seat. 

I believe the cost is around £1500 per season from memory but that could be wrong but sure it’s in that ball park. 

Has this ever been advertised as it’s the first I’ve heard about it and just had a look at the website but no mention of it! Surely as a source of income when the club desperately needs it, it should be advertised for anyone to buy or is it only offered to a select few!?

Also there’s no mention of the corporate hospitality package on the website which appears as an option for a seasons pass for hospitality, same with the VIP pass. Why are these things not advertised more and almost hidden away!? Another thing to show our things aren’t functioning as they should be! 

3 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Has this ever been advertised as it’s the first I’ve heard about it and just had a look at the website but no mention of it! Surely as a source of income when the club desperately needs it, it should be advertised for anyone to buy or is it only offered to a select few!?

Also there’s no mention of the corporate hospitality package on the website which appears as an option for a seasons pass for hospitality, same with the VIP pass. Why are these things not advertised more and almost hidden away!? Another thing to show our things aren’t functioning as they should be! 

Its on the app and I’m sure there were a fair few posts about hospitality options at the time. I don’t think this is one thats been hidden away, probably just that not a lot of people want to pay £1500 a season so not a lot of chat about it.

9 hours ago, Jackie Myles said:

We have 400 oddfans though paying in upwards of a tenner month which is a decent amount of cash for the club. That allows us to vote on two reps to give us influence in the way the club is run and the decision making process. Now running the club via consensus is fine as long as you don't end up in the situation mentioned earlier where a voting clique occurs and some directors are then sidelined and the fss ends up having little or no influence at all and the club is simply treating it as a means of extra funds every month.   Let's not forget that the club is still teetering on the brink of going bust and we've just lost the guy trying to fix that side of things. If your not concerned then you really should be.

As far as I am aware every single member on the board is trying to “fix” the club as you put it and up to this point I’ve been impressed with how they have started to turn things around, I wasn’t aware that DM was carrying the full thing on his own shoulders with the rest of the guys sitting about picking there nose but if you have evidence of this please do tell?!  In reality this will be a storm in a tea cup, the FSS will elect a new member soon enough  (Nigel Serafini will represent us himself until then) to sit on the BOD and the world will keep spinning. Falkirk fans do seem to love a drama, if we are struggling to find something to have a moan about at any given point by god somebody will find something somewhere! 

Edited by LatapyBairn.