The Falkirk FC Thread

32 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Authoritarian is the wrong word.

On a football clubs board, you are going to have people who are/have been successful in their careers and probably have strong views about their areas of expertise and also about other people’s area.

In my view, without a Chairman who sets the agenda and runs the meetings, our set up is a recipe for disaster.

In fact, it is terrible corporate governance.

Thanks. Does anyone know: is there an SFA/SPFL requirement to have an official chairperson/point of contact in place? Would be surprised if there wasn't.

5 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Back to footie does anyone know how the under 18s got on last Friday v St Johnstone?

Finished 4-1 to St Johnstone, we went 1-0 up in the first half but second half they completely dominated with Liam Craig barking at them from the side. Carroll and Connolly came off at half time and we never really looked the same after it.

Edited by FFC 1876

43 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Authoritarian is the wrong word.

On a football clubs board, you are going to have people who are/have been successful in their careers and probably have strong views about their areas of expertise and also about other people’s area.

Because that worked well with Deans, Lang and Co

9 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Finished 4-1 to St Johnstone, we went 1-0 up in the first half but second half they completely dominated with Liam Craig barking at them from the side. Carroll and Connolly came off at half time and we never really looked the same after it.

👍

2 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Did either of the two boys on loan at Shire or Bo’ness feature 

Nope just Connolly and Carrol in the first half, but the other two would have had a game on the Saturday so that'll be why they didn't play.

Bo'ness play at home tonight and from what I can see Walker's started every game for them.

3 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

Really cant care less about who sits on what chair or who stole the last cake i just want a good football team playing in Falkirk colours

Sorry, but the 2 go together. An incompetent, disorganised board leads to incompetent managerial appointees signing incompetent players.

We need a competent board all pulling together.

14 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Because that worked well with Deans, Lang and Co

They were very much executive hands-on Chairpersons.

What I was imagining was more of a Campbell Christie model where the Chairman doesn’t do a lot but rather runs the meetings and co-ordinates the activities of the executive directors.

Anyway, that’s my ideas.

Clearly something has gone on to lead to Doug’s resignation, which I’m sure will come out in the fullness of time. 

There has been an unusual number of resignations over the last few months and the lack of stability with the FSS positions is particularly concerning.

Personally I’d like to see an independent chairman (who is not a patron) come in to provide a bit of leadership and accountability.

2 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Clearly something has gone on to lead to Doug’s resignation, which I’m sure will come out in the fullness of time. 

There has been an unusual number of resignations over the last few months and the lack of stability with the FSS positions is particularly concerning.

Personally I’d like to see an independent chairman (who is not a patron) come in to provide a bit of leadership and accountability.

I agree an independent chairman would be a good idea . I'm sure this was originally mooted when the patrons first approached the club but not sure why it's never got off the ground.

As I said yesterday is it possible that the ones being elected from the FSS just aren't aware of how much time needs to be put in until they are in position especially when trying to juggle a full time job.nTrying to do both as well as if you/they have a family is never going to be an easy task 

3 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

As I said yesterday is it possible that the ones being elected from the FSS just aren't aware of how much time needs to be put in until they are in position especially when trying to juggle a full time job.nTrying to do both as well as if you/they have a family is never going to be an easy task 

No - his likes of comments on Facebook are proof that is not the case. Something has happened, and given he seemed a very well liked and respected guy when he was appointed, it’s natural to wonder what happened. A real test for the transparency of the new regime - this is exactly when the old board would have had the NDA’s and threats out. 

4 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

No - his likes of comments on Facebook are proof that is not the case. Something has happened, and given he seemed a very well liked and respected guy when he was appointed, it’s natural to wonder what happened. A real test for the transparency of the new regime - this is exactly when the old board would have had the NDA’s and threats out. 

I can't fathom out why folk want to know at the end of the day what happened is at board level, and from a point of view the only reason folk seem to want to know is just for gossip or doing an Isa (nosy b*ssas).  if it affects the long term future of the club then yes I could understand it but the end of the day there are disagreements in every work place yet life goes on without the knicker wetting of what's going on here.

Seems like by far and away the most likely scenario to me.

Certainly the simplest that requires no conspiratorial speculation to back it up.

12 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I can't fathom out why folk want to know at the end of the day what happened is at board level, and from a point of view the only reason folk seem to want to know is just for gossip or doing an Isa (nosy b*ssas).  if it affects the long term future of the club then yes I could understand it but the end of the day there are disagreements in every work place yet life goes on without the knicker wetting of what's going on here.

Playing devil's advocate here..... but if you have one or two directors forming a clique and getting their mates involved (who are not Directors), it might just p**s off the others who have been voted on by the FSS.  Then you have a hostile atmosphere that descends into chaos !

We have just come out from that scenario with previous BoD's.... let's hope we are not moving back in that direction !

24 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Conjecture, speculation, theorising are all key components in the lifeblood of a football forum.

People want to know/have an interest/have concerns because of the track record of club custodians in our recent past. From Deans (V1) through Fulston and on through the likes of GC and last season’s BoD, for people to have no interest until the sh1t hits the fan isn’t really a compelling strategy.

If you have no interest, then pass by those postings. No one will take offence at that. Churning out the good old “knicker wetting” dig isn’t exactly the best policy though.

Just as there is no proof positive of some sort of fracture at Boardroom level, it’s equally true to say that there is no proof positive that there isn’t.
I don’t think any of the concerned posters are throwing out insults at those who choose not to buy into the possibility that there’s trouble at t’mill, and so a bit of ridicule in their direction isn’t called for either.

12 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Conjecture, speculation, theorising are all key components in the lifeblood of a football forum.

People want to know/have an interest/have concerns because of the track record of club custodians in our recent past. From Deans (V1) through Fulston and on through the likes of GC and last season’s BoD, for people to have no interest until the sh1t hits the fan isn’t really a compelling strategy.

If you have no interest, then pass by those postings. No one will take offence at that. Churning out the good old “knicker wetting” dig isn’t exactly the best policy though.

Just as there is no proof positive of some sort of fracture at Boardroom level, it’s equally true to say that there is no proof positive that there isn’t.
I don’t think any of the concerned posters are throwing out insults at those who choose not to buy into the possibility that there’s trouble at t’mill, and so a bit of ridicule in their direction isn’t called for either.

I get what your saying but I think some folk are reading into it like a season of Game of Thrones. I think everyone knows they WILL make mistakes but that's what makes us human.  If there is an underlying concern that Doug has discovered that affects the long term future of FFC then I understand it but unless it affects the immediate and future of FFC then there are always going to be disagreements .  It doesn't mean we need to know that the board fell out with each other over whether the food stalls served chicken curry pies or chicken and mushroom.

Not to mention in all fairness they have sent out notifications monthly on updates on what's happening behind the scenes with transparency.

it doesn't mean I don't give a sh*t about what happens at FFC as I do, it just means I understand there are always going to be disagreements or other issues behind that scenes that I don't need to know about whether it be personalities or not.

At the same time if people are trying to turn it into a pals act with getting folk in due to their position within the club then all we have done is replaced one model  that was flawed with another one that's flawed but only thing that gives anyone the warm and fuzzy about it is they are fans and not folk like the coffee baron.

Edited by AL-FFC