The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Duncan Freemason said:

Can a Patron resign? Didn’t they simply all shell out £10k for shares in their own names with no obligatory strings attached?

They're a group who vote two members on to the board so I'm sure  they must have some kind of membership regime surely. 

24 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Can a Patron resign? Didn’t they simply all shell out £10k for shares in their own names with no obligatory strings attached?

The group had an agreed notice period all members signed up to and would need to give should they want to withdraw themselves/they’re shareholding from the group. Think it was 6 months. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

55 minutes ago, Jackie Myles said:

I was told it certainly wasn't through a change of circumstance.  Heard from someone that the boys resigned as a patron too but I can't confirm that. Concerning though.

Not a good sign if true. 

16 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Not a good sign if true. 

I’d be taking stuff like this read on here with a massive pinch of salt unless the person posting is actually prepared to substantiate it or give even the remotest hint of detail, wouldn’t even have to be to the extent of breaking a confidence but just something more that what could well be bog standard shit stirring with no tangible information given.

Edited by LatapyBairn.

4 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I’d be taking stuff like this read on here with a massive pinch of salt unless the person posting is actually prepared to substantiate it.  

That of course is your perogative mate no problem with that. I'd be exactly the same. All I can say is I'm concerned about things and I'm not the only one. 

Disappointing to hear Doug has resigned as he seemed to be a decent guy.

We seem to be moving forward slowly as a club let’s hope the FSS get a good replacement for him now. 

2 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Is it a case of needing more directors to balance out the workload a bit? The FSS ad said a commitment of 20 hours per week which won’t be possible for most people.

Clearly it’s not an easy role so may be better to have more bodies needing to do less work each.

I agree that we need a bigger Board to spread the workload 

I think its been a case of folk have been nieve into how much damage has been done by the past and how much work needs to be done to repair that damage.  Dare say if you are working a full time job with that in the background then its understandable that someone stepped down.  
Again not ITK or that but but come on tae f*ck those that think here is some sort of agenda or something going on in the background (dare say apologists for the last regime) give it a rest, I dare say the guy that stepped down and close friends will only be the ones that know the reasons for stepping down and like I say is probably a case hasn't got the time to commit..

I’ve no reason to believe there’s anything untoward in this resignation as I know no one associated with the board, but I definitely object to mates of those on the board calling anyone who dares to ask question old board apologists.
One could also suggest that your comments are a deliberate attempt to play down the matter due to personal interest.
Are we honestly no longer allowed to hold the new board to the same levels of accountability as previous regimes, or should we just restrict ourselves to question / criticise the manager and players from now on?…

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

I’ve no reason to believe there’s anything untoward in this resignation as I know no one associated with the board, but I definitely object to mates of those on the board calling anyone who dares to ask question old board apologists.
One could also suggest that your comments are a deliberate attempt to play down the matter due to personal interest.
Are we honestly no longer allowed to hold the new board to the same levels of accountability as previous regimes, or should we just restrict ourselves to question / criticise the manager and players from now on?…

I haven't got any personal interest and I don't know anyone on the new board but ffs if someone can point out anywhere in this statement where it suggests anything untoward has happened enlighten me ? because unless your Nostradamus or Mystic Meg or a personal friend of Doug, all there is is speculation and rumour.  You can also look at the posts suggesting that something has happened behind the scenes can be someone with an axe to grind , I honest to f**k wish that One F was still here as that sort of sh*t negativity, gossip, rumour sh*t stirring was rife on there, they've just swapped platform and drag it onto here. There are some I think would be happy for what's being put in place or what's changing to fail just so they can say GIRFUY, Even folk questioning McGlynn after 1 game ffs.

"We can announce that Doug Moodie has stepped down as Falkirk Supporters’ Society representative on the board of Falkirk FC. 

We would like to thank Doug for all his efforts during his time on the board. 

We will now consult with FSS about recruiting a replacement for Doug, and an announcement regarding this will be made in due course. "

Coming on here now is like the merchants of doom for all things FFC, the seats aren't blue enough, the new striker is shit before anyone has seen the lad in action, even questioning McGlynn after 1 game the mans been straddled with last years failures and having to make do until the imposters contracts run out but even at that its still an upgrade on the past 2 years.

I haven't got any personal interest and I don't know anyone on the new board but ffs if someone can point out anywhere in this statement where it suggests anything untoward has happened enlighten me ? because unless your Nostradamus or Mystic Meg or a personal friend of Doug, all there is is speculation and rumour.  You can also look at the posts suggesting that something has happened behind the scenes can be someone with an axe to grind , I honest to f**k wish that One F was still here as that sort of sh*t negativity, gossip, rumour sh*t stirring was rife on there, they've just swapped platform and drag it onto here. There are some I think would be happy for what's being put in place or what's changing to fail just so they can say GIRFUY, Even folk questioning McGlynn after 1 game ffs.

"We can announce that Doug Moodie has stepped down as Falkirk Supporters’ Society representative on the board of Falkirk FC. 

We will now consult with FSS about recruiting a replacement for Doug, and an announcement regarding this will be made in due course. "

Coming on here now is like the merchants of doom for all things FFC, the seats aren't blue enough, the new striker is shit before anyone has seen the lad in action, even questioning McGlynn after 1 game the mans been straddled with last years failures and having to make do until the imposters contracts run out but even at that its still an upgrade on the past 2 years.

I’m not sure anyone has said there’s anything untoward but there’s reason to ask questions when someone reasonably regarded decides to step down after a relatively short stint, with no reason given, particularly if it’s not a unique recent occurrence.
As for the negativity on this thread, are you new here?[emoji3]…

12 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I certainly have no axe to grind and have only been positive in my backing of the new board. However, take a look on Facebook and the post mentioning the resignation on the Falkirk football club page. The following post ' Worrying turn of events. All is still not well behind the scenes it would appear.' has been liked by the guy whose just resigned. Now I'm no Sherlock Holmes but that doesn't bode well in mind.

5 minutes ago, Jackie Myles said:

I certainly have no axe to grind and have only been positive in my backing of the new board. However, take a look on Facebook and the post mentioning the resignation on the Falkirk football club page. The following post ' Worrying turn of events. All is still not well behind the scenes it would appear.' has been liked by the guy whose just resigned. Now I'm no Sherlock Holmes but that doesn't bode well in mind.

Yes, exactly. Clearly something has happened behind the scenes. I have no idea who the guy is so have no thoughts on it at all. But would be intrigued as to the story, as clearly someone/something has upset him. It clearly isn’t just a time pressure thing. 

1 minute ago, Jackie Myles said:

How the f*ck does this constitute a worrying turn of events, has anyone at your work handed in their notice lately is the company about to go under is there a problem in the workplace, if you get what I am trying to say here am not saying there is anything wrong but how does one person resigning constitute a problem. ?

We will now consult with FSS about recruiting a replacement for Doug, and an announcement regarding this will be made in due course."

Not on Facebook and even when I was I mean come on your talking about comments from people that thought tickets for Keane at the TFS and the coffee baron not to mention calling the guy "Boss" as your source of information as something being up. So basically hear say, gossip and speculation but no actual something is up.

You haven't got a green van and a Great Dane have you as all this p*sh is going a bit like a Scooby Doo episode 

I imagine an update will be given to FSS members outlining why he has stepped down. Otherwise it may be difficult to convince others to step forward as a candidate. 

I have no connection to anybody involved with FSS or anybody else at the club but this could be the first test of transparency. If there were problems in the background hopefully they are communicated back to members through the correct channels and not through P&B speculation.

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

How the f*ck does this constitute a worrying turn of events, has anyone at your work handed in their notice lately is the company about to go under is there a problem in the workplace, if you get what I am trying to say here am not saying there is anything wrong but how does one person resigning constitute a problem. ?

We will now consult with FSS about recruiting a replacement for Doug, and an announcement regarding this will be made in due course."

Not on Facebook and even when I was I mean come on your talking about comments from people that thought tickets for Keane at the TFS and the coffee baron not to mention calling the guy "Boss" as your source of information as something being up. So basically hear say, gossip and speculation but no actual something is up.

You haven't got a green van and a Great Dane have you as all this p*sh is going a bit like a Scooby Doo episode 

This is an over reaction. I've just had a  look at the Facebook comments and given Mr Moodie appears to be a relatively clever man, I'm very surprised to see him acknowledge any Facebook comments immediately after stepping down. It just fuels the speculation and is not a very professional approach.

2 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

This is an over reaction. I've just had a  look at the Facebook comments and given Mr Moodie appears to be a relatively clever man, I'm very surprised to see him acknowledge any Facebook comments immediately after stepping down. It just fuels the speculation and is not a very professional approach.

Facebook as a source of information isn't. probably a good source of info, in fact how many time have you seen folk air their dirty linen in public on it just because they can,, also if you read into any sort of comment words can be construed in any sort of way which can be interpreted different by anyone, End of the day he has his reasons its his choice and only he knows his reasons. Dare say someone probably trying to fish for info onto why he left just so they can say I heard.

If there is a problem its the board to sort out anyway so I don't see what spreading gossip or rumours are going to do to help anyone or the club

10 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

It certainly quashes the idea that this resignation was simply down to a change of circumstances thats for sure. As you said fss need to clear the matter up and explain exactly  what's gone on and perhaps it would be useful if the guy stepping down was allowed to explain his reasons to the members himself. At the last nomination for the fss bod rep the only person to put their name forward was the boy that had just been in the post so it's a worry that we could struggle to get a second rep. 

Edited by Jackie Myles

It may turn out not to be a big deal but I think people are within their rights to be concerned about the number of people stepping away from the club. Not sure where the “move along there’s nothing to see here” attitude has come from. We don’t know if there is more to this. Likewise we don’t know that there isn’t but can fully understand the concern.