The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bluegrass Bairn said:

Not disagreeing with your take on it, I wouldn't know, but IF we only get in one more body then it could be 3rd or 4th at best for me, based on the 2 home games Clyde & Montrose.  Clearly Donaldson, Mackie, McGinn & Yeats are a massive improvement, but we really badly need minimum of 3; a RB (Williamson is woeful, actually embarrassing for a supposed athlete); a creative midfielder; and a striker with a bit of presence/height/pace (realistically, someone like Ugwu)...  Morrison, Nesbitt and particularly Hetherington still not producing nearly enough for us to actually win games, rather than not lose as often, or indeed as heavily, as last time out. 

As McGlynn said post-Montrose, we've actually been on a decent run in terms of results & goals not conceded, so if that doesn't give confidence to some of the under-performers - who couldn't accurately pass the ball the length of themselves on Saturday -  then you wonder what will.  Saturday at Airdrie will be a big test...

I think that's what frustrated McGlynn the most on Saturday in his interview, not enough from some of the aforementioned and perhaps a question mark over their belief. Not a shock to many ofcourse having witnessed the shiftless b*****ds downing tools in September last season. They are the ones that will ultimately get him grief. 

39 minutes ago, Jackie Myles said:

Got to be a concern another director jumping ship due to circumstances behind the scenes. Just when you think we're getting somewhere too 

What are the circumstances behind the scenes?

Can’t be much budget left (if any) and can only hope that M&S previous relationships with the likes of Hearts, hold good for loan deals. A turd is a turd not matter how good it’s polished. Saturday we had at least four on show. 
Wouldn’t bet against Williamson will suddenly disappear with a troublesome injury, as his body language is so wrong. 
If M&S thought they’d be able to get a song out the named subjects, I’m sure Saturday night was full of explicits.

Edited by Springfield

45 minutes ago, Jackie Myles said:

Got to be a concern another director jumping ship due to circumstances behind the scenes. Just when you think we're getting somewhere too 

How do you know it’s this, it could be his own personal circumstances have changed and he can’t commit the time required.

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

With Burrell coming in that'll most likely be our lot up top unless McGlynn fancies him as one of the three behind the strikers. Looks to have played right wing whilst on trial with Portsmouth but we've unveiled him as a striker so we'll see.

A winger/attacking midfielder next then that's us done. Maybe get one more if we're lucky and we manage to move one or two on from the current squad.

6 -7 games in we will have a better idea of how we will do.

1 hour ago, Jackie Myles said:

Is this a genuinely ITK type post or just a stir the shit type post? It’s not something I’d automatically presume concerning or worrying unless the guy has given reasons for leaving that suggested it should be. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Not an ITK post, but hope that Doug resigning was a personal decision and nothing to do with anything at the Board level. 

I've only had the occasional contact with him, but he always appeared to be a good guy with the Club at heart. 

Edited by Zbairn

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Can’t be much budget left (if any) and can only hope that M&S previous relationships with the likes of Hearts, hold good for loan deals. A turd is a turd not matter how good it’s polished. Saturday we had at least four on show. 
Wouldn’t bet against Williamson will suddenly disappear with a troublesome injury, as his body language is so wrong. 
If M&S thought they’d be able to get a song out the named subjects, I’m sure Saturday night was full of explicits.

They'll be what gets him sacked unless he can somehow get us into the playoffs and afforded to clear the decks regardless at the end of the season. It may come to that anyway given we aren't exactly flush with cash. As it stands off the top of my head you'll have McKay, McCann, Mackie, under contract for next season the rest out but with a few on year options plus kids. If he's already questioning the lack of quality and belief in some that's not ending well. 

Is it a case of needing more directors to balance out the workload a bit? The FSS ad said a commitment of 20 hours per week which won’t be possible for most people.

Clearly it’s not an easy role so may be better to have more bodies needing to do less work each.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

13 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Lyle Taylor

Years Team Apps (Gls)
2007–2009 Millwall 0 (0)
2008  Eastbourne Borough (loan) 4 (1)
2009  Croydon Athletic (loan) 4 (0)
2009–2010 Concord Rangers 37 (23)
2010–2012 AFC Bournemouth 29 (0)
2011  Lewes (loan) 6 (2)
2011  Woking (loan) 5 (1)
2012  Hereford United (loan) 8 (2)
2012–2013 Falkirk 34 (24)
2013–2014 Sheffield United 20 (2)
2014  Partick Thistle (loan) 20 (7)
2014–2015 Scunthorpe United 18 (3)
2015  Partick Thistle (loan) 15 (3)
2015–2018 AFC Wimbledon 131 (44)
2018–2020 Charlton Athletic 63 (32)
2020– Nottingham Forest 57 (7)
2022  Birmingham City (loan) 14

(5

Rumarn Burrell

Years Team Apps (Gls)
2019 Grimsby Town 4 (0)
2019–2022 Middlesbrough 0 (0)
2021  Bradford City (loan) 2 (0)
2021–2022  Kilmarnock (loan) 6 (0)
2022– Falkirk 0 (0)

True, we had heard of neither Lyle Taylor or Rumarn Burrell but there the similarity ends.

Lyle Taylor had been banging them in for Concord Rangers when he was 19 -20. Can't see anything akin to that in Rumarn Burrell's playing past.

Anyhow, I hope that he has been signed to go straight into the first team and that he bags himself a hat-trick on Saturday. We can't afford another project signing, either literally or figuratively.

C'mon Rumarn!

Who the f**k are Concord Rangers?

11 hours ago, Springfield said:

For me I don’t honestly think there’s many wishing ill or failure with anyone regardless of player, coach, manager, or anyone connected with the club. The point that many are making with the forward players brought in, is the similarities of poor signings the club has made in the past few seasons.
Yes I believe M&S have steadied the ship defensively, but as we seen on Saturday, it’s upfront where surgery is critically needed. 

Does that not make you sick to your stomach that there’s even one so called fan that “wishes ill or failure” on anything to do with FFC?

The word “quality” is a very ambiguous one in football. A manager can simply mean that on the day, players he believes to be capable of better crosses, better passing, more clinical finishing……they just weren’t “at it”.

It could also mean something much less subtle…….players X, Y and Z do not possess the qualities needed to be in the team……..they simply aren’t good enough.

I doubt that McGlynn would publically write off players one game into the season (even if the voice in his head is screaming that they ain’t good enough).

I think his comments were intended to be along the lines of that on the day, the qualities needed to win the game simply weren’t there (rather than them simply not existing anywhere within the current squad).

11 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Is it a case of needing more directors to balance out the workload a bit? The FSS ad said a commitment of 20 hours per week which won’t be possible for most people.

Clearly it’s not an easy role so may be better to have more bodies needing to do less work each.

It has to be the case that the support in general do not really grasp the amount of work needed for FFC to function (nor do I). If you think that we have five directors committing 20 hours each per week (and I think that figure might be wildly underplayed), and then we have a CEO plus admin staff, a Commercial Manager, a Commercial Executive plus others plus volunteers on top of that, then the non footballing side workload has to be completely bonkers.

I think its been a case of folk have been nieve into how much damage has been done by the past and how much work needs to be done to repair that damage.  Dare say if you are working a full time job with that in the background then its understandable that someone stepped down.  

Again not ITK or that but but come on tae f*ck those that think here is some sort of agenda or something going on in the background (say apologists for the last regime) give it a rest, I dare say the guy that stepped down and close friends will only be the ones that know the reasons for stepping down and like I say is probably a case hasn't got the time to commit..

Edited by AL-FFC

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

How do you know it’s this, it could be his own personal circumstances have changed and he can’t commit the time required.

I was told it certainly wasn't through a change of circumstance.  Heard from someone that the boys resigned as a patron too but I can't confirm that. Concerning though.