The Falkirk FC Thread

Accusing fans of wanting players to fail because they’re raising pretty mild concerns about signings in an important area of the team is just reductive. There is undoubtedly one or two with that mentality on here, but I genuinely believe the vast majority of us are all good egg Falkirk fans who want our team to do well, even if we have differing opinions. 

I think some of the frustration around our loan signings up front is that we know we're so close to being credible as a league winning side. For the first time in yonks.

We have the management team and the defence to get out of L1. We just need 2 more players of quality in midfield and up front. 

Unlike previous seasons where we've needed 8. It's kind of why these underwhelming shrug and try and roll a 6 signings are balloon busters. 

6 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I think some of the frustration around our loan signings up front is that we know we're so close to being credible as a league winning side. For the first time in yonks.

We have the management team and the defence to get out of L1. We just need 2 more players of quality in midfield and up front. 

Unlike previous seasons where we've needed 8. It's kind of why these underwhelming shrug and try and roll a 6 signings are balloon busters. 

TBF one has not played yet and the other probably has had about 45 minutes in total. You can’t judge them on that. The problem is behind them IMO. Poor service and poor decision making. I want to see that being addressed now 

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

This is true, but it's also worth noting that two different Killie managers saw fit to barely give him any playing time at all last season despite at times a striker shortage that saw them have to recall Innes Cameron from us mid season for a month or so rather than use him.

Burrell picked up an ankle injury mid August, did his rehab, around 12 weeks, with Middlesboro. By the time he returned Wright was gone. 

By the time he was fully fit Lafferty was back at the club alongside Shaw and as it panned out McInnes had to go with experience to get us over the line, any game time was always going to be very limited under the circumstance.

Burrell did grab a hat trick in a closed doors bounce match against Premiership opposition when McInnes wanted a see our squad in action shortly after he arrived, hence why Cameron was recalled before being sent back out.

Edited by C4mmy31

With Burrell coming in that'll most likely be our lot up top unless McGlynn fancies him as one of the three behind the strikers. Looks to have played right wing whilst on trial with Portsmouth but we've unveiled him as a striker so we'll see.

A winger/attacking midfielder next then that's us done. Maybe get one more if we're lucky and we manage to move one or two on from the current squad.

Edited by FFC 1876

10 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

With Burrell coming in that'll most likely be our lot up top unless McGlynn fancies him as one of the three behind the strikers. Looks to have played right wing whilst on trial with Portsmouth but we've unveiled him as a striker so we'll see.

A winger/attacking midfielder next then that's us done. Maybe get one more if we're lucky and we manage to move one or two on from the current squad.

Not disagreeing with your take on it, I wouldn't know, but IF we only get in one more body then it could be 3rd or 4th at best for me, based on the 2 home games Clyde & Montrose.  Clearly Donaldson, Mackie, McGinn & Yeats are a massive improvement, but we really badly need minimum of 3; a RB (Williamson is woeful, actually embarrassing for a supposed athlete); a creative midfielder; and a striker with a bit of presence/height/pace (realistically, someone like Ugwu)...  Morrison, Nesbitt and particularly Hetherington still not producing nearly enough for us to actually win games, rather than not lose as often, or indeed as heavily, as last time out. 

As McGlynn said post-Montrose, we've actually been on a decent run in terms of results & goals not conceded, so if that doesn't give confidence to some of the under-performers - who couldn't accurately pass the ball the length of themselves on Saturday -  then you wonder what will.  Saturday at Airdrie will be a big test...

7 minutes ago, Bluegrass Bairn said:

Not disagreeing with your take on it, I wouldn't know, but IF we only get in one more body then it could be 3rd or 4th at best for me, based on the 2 home games Clyde & Montrose.  Clearly Donaldson, Mackie, McGinn & Yeats are a massive improvement, but we really badly need minimum of 3; a RB (Williamson is woeful, actually embarrassing for a supposed athlete); a creative midfielder; and a striker with a bit of presence/height/pace (realistically, someone like Ugwu)...  Morrison, Nesbitt and particularly Hetherington still not producing nearly enough for us to actually win games, rather than not lose as often, or indeed as heavily, as last time out. 

As McGlynn said post-Montrose, we've actually been on a decent run in terms of results & goals not conceded, so if that doesn't give confidence to some of the under-performers - who couldn't accurately pass the ball the length of themselves on Saturday -  then you wonder what will.  Saturday at Airdrie will be a big test...

We've got Kennedy to come back in, we've yet to see what Burrell's capable of and we know we're still looking to bring in another attacking midfielder so I don't quite fathom how you can make that assumption. That's possibly 3 starters that might change us for the better completely. Alegria's also still not had much time on the park to show what he's capable of either. 

We've looked ganting going forward the last few games granted but a couple of good quality players could easily change that.