The Falkirk FC Thread

35 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Knowing our luck as he's on a one-year contract - he goes and bags 25 goals and fucks off for free

The last sentence seems to suggest we may have an option to extend his contract 

We’ve given him an opportunity to show what he can do, it’s a one-year contract and if he does well there’s an opportunity to extend that.”

12 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

That's a stat I like, as it suggests that he does have something about him. 

From what I can see, he's hardly played any professional football so the lack of goals isn't a surprise. In fact, if I'm reading the stats on transfermarket correctly, half of his professional appearances came at Kilmarnock. All as a sub coming off the bench. 

He got 3 minutes against QOTS, 11 minutes against Inverness, 4 minutes against Morton and a whole minute each in games against Hamilton (twice) and Dunfermline. 

A total of nineteen minutes played in six games. No wonder he's never scored a goal! 

His other appearances seem to be four games against Grimsby as a seventeen year old, in which he showed enough for Middlesborough to sign him as a U23 player, and two on loan to Bradford. 

We're highly unlikely to get a proven goalscorer at L1 unless we get incredibly lucky due to circumstances, as happened to Montrose with Rory McAllister. So we're probably going to be taking a punt on unknowns and trusting the managers instincts. Given his recruitment of Finn Yeats and Sean Mackie, neither of whom had much of a reputation when they arrived at TFS, I'm inclined to trust him. 

👍🙌👏

29 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He’s played 2 x 45 mins trial matches for Pompey so they must have been watching those games. 

Pompey didn’t sign him after the trial but their manager was full of praise for his attitude which is something.

Looks to have then went on trial at Yeovil after his Portsmouth trial but only managed the one game for them. 

At the very end of this with about 46 seconds to go he has a chance in the above highlights.

Again 46 seconds from the end he does well to cut in for a chance on this one.

Edited by FFC 1876

That's a stat I like, as it suggests that he does have something about him. 
From what I can see, he's hardly played any professional football so the lack of goals isn't a surprise. In fact, if I'm reading the stats on transfermarket correctly, half of his professional appearances came at Kilmarnock. All as a sub coming off the bench. 
He got 3 minutes against QOTS, 11 minutes against Inverness, 4 minutes against Morton and a whole minute each in games against Hamilton (twice) and Dunfermline. 
A total of nineteen minutes played in six games. No wonder he's never scored a goal! 
His other appearances seem to be four games with Grimsby as a seventeen year old, in which he showed enough for Middlesborough to sign him as a U23 player, and two on loan to Bradford. 
We're highly unlikely to get a proven goalscorer at L1 unless we get incredibly lucky due to circumstances, as happened to Montrose with Rory McAllister. So we're probably going to be taking a punt on unknowns and trusting the managers instincts. Given his recruitment of Finn Yeats and Sean Mackie, neither of whom had much of a reputation when they arrived at TFS, I'm inclined to trust him. 
Exactly what i thought BB. Middlesbrough in the English Championship signed him at 18 so they must have thought there was a player in him. Covid probably came at a wrong time for his age group. I trust our management more than our previous imposters

18 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Looks to have then went on trial at Yeovil after his Portsmouth trial but only managed the one game for them. 

At the very end of this with about 46 seconds to go he has a chance in the above highlights.

Again 46 seconds from the end he does well to cut in for a chance on this one.

The only footage of Burrell's involvement while at Killie is 9:00 mins in, he was only on a matter of minutes...

4 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

The only footage of Burrell's involvement while at Killie is 9:00 mins in, he was only on a matter of minutes...

Yeah I tried to find footage of the 3-2 game against Hamilton in November as he played a fair chunk of that according to transfrmarket.

There’s really no point being negative about this signing. The market we’re shopping in of course we are never going to be affording a ready made experienced striker that will guarantee us goals. We were always going to need to take a chance on someone loan or a young boy like this. Anyone who seriously thought we were bringing in Adam Rooney is a fucking idiot.

As has been said we need to trust McGlynn. He’s not given us any reason not to so far and also with Stephen McGinn playing and training with him last season I’m sure he knows his qualities and has been speaking to McGlynn about him as well.

I think the other concerning factor is who is going to create the chances for said strikers, I fully expect Nesbitt, McGuffie, Morrison to regress as the season goes on it's what they excel at. Unless Kennedy when fit is a revelation there's not much else in the creative sense. Hopefully more still to come in. 

3 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I think the other concerning factor is who is going to create the chances for said strikers, I fully expect Nesbitt, McGuffie, Morrison to regress as the season goes on it's what they excel at. Unless Kennedy when fit is a revelation there's not much else in the creative sense. Hopefully more still to come in. 

Burrell could be a striker who creates his own chances, definitely still need another attacking midfielder in but for example Declan Mcmanus regularly created his own chances so hopefully Burrell can do the same.

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Going back to the days of Connor Park, the media officers have always asked for around 8 or 9 pictures for a match report which I send to them immediately after the game. The club also get a full gallery of images a day or two later which they can use as they like. 

As for pics during the applause, here are a few:- 

fans (1).jpg

fans (2).jpg

fans (3).jpg

fans (4) .jpg

Thanks for that, excellent pictures

Guest Ecosse83

Love these unknown striker signings. Makes going to the next game quite exciting. 

Writing the lad off already is hilarious stuff, fucking bampots 😂

49 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Yeah I tried to find footage of the 3-2 game against Hamilton in November as he played a fair chunk of that according to transfrmarket.

Iirc, someone on AccieTV pulled a cable out their camera and left us watching a black screen for most of the game.

I don't think anyone is writing him off, but in the brief glimpses of Alegria he looks a bit lightweight, Wilson we all know is dugshite, so your hoping this guy is either  great find and not another Ompreon. We cannot afford the latter. That'd be my worry.