The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

Strikes me that they're clutching at straws a bit. McGlynn even admits that all of they've seen of him are 'bits & pieces'.

Thats all we seen last season too. Came on at Palmerston and looked sharp with an assist (as i recall) and then disappeared for the majority of the campaign.

Best of luck to him and hope he makes a significant contribution for you.

I would also like to point out before people come on and accuse folk of being negative; I have faith in McGlynn and will absolutely give this boy a chance - I'll be delighted if he goes onto bag a barrowload. But it is underwhelming on the face of it. We were rumoured to be in for the St Mirren boy who went to Airdrie last week, and if Pars do go onto sign Mochrie as is rumoured, it would be fair to even label things as becoming a little concerning.

6 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I would also like to point out before people come on and accuse folk of being negative; I have faith in McGlynn and will absolutely give this boy a chance - I'll be delighted if he goes onto bag a barrowload. But it is underwhelming on the face of it. We were rumoured to be in for the St Mirren boy who went to Airdrie last week, and if Pars do go onto sign Mochrie as is rumoured, it would be fair to even label things as becoming a little concerning.

The key word in your post is rumours. Whether we like it or not our board have been very transparent in telling the fans about our lack of finances to strengthen the squad so any talk of Rooney etc is just stupidity.

16 minutes ago, kilMARKnock said:

Thats all we seen last season too. Came on at Palmerston and looked sharp with an assist (as i recall) and then disappeared for the majority of the campaign.

Best of luck to him and hope he makes a significant contribution for you.

We never saw enough of Burrell to form an opinion but Steven McGinn will have seen enough of him to give McGlynn the inside track.

7 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

We never saw enough of Burrell to form an opinion but Steven McGinn will have seen enough of him to give McGlynn the inside track.

Good point & I for one will trust the judgement of the professionals who manage football teams for a living 🤔

10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I know that the scout has been down south a few times recently. I assume watching the lad 

Kilmarnock had him watched too before signing. Let's hope he does well.

Kilmarnock manager Tommy Wright said: “He’s a young striker and Paul Stephenson (assistant manager) brought him to my attention. We’ve watched him and had good reports about him.

"He’s quick, strong and decent in front of goal and will stretch teams as well and he should be fine to be added to the squad for Monday’s game (against Ayr United).”

Edited by Syd Puddefoot

12 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I know that the scout has been down south a few times recently. I assume watching the lad 

He’s played 2 x 45 mins trial matches for Pompey so they must have been watching those games. 

Pompey didn’t sign him after the trial but their manager was full of praise for his attitude which is something.