The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

It’s not desperation as much as realism for me. Our current options in that position are Aidan Nesbitt and Seb Ross- Telfer is a far better player than both.

We’d all have loved someone more consistent to come in and replace Telfer. That hasn’t happened and if it’s not going to, I’d far rather have Telfer in there than our current options.

I actually think Telfer could be a lot more effective this season now we have Mcginn in the controlling midfield role. With Hetherington posted missing there last season, Telfer was effectively having to try and do 2 jobs.

Christ finding someone more consistent than telfer shouldn't be difficult he'd only have to perform in 2 games out of 15 compared to telfers one. Telfer won't be coming back he was emptied because he wasn't good enough just like some of the others would be if they weren't under contract. We're trying to move these guys on that have underperformed for seasons not bring them back. It's an absolutely crazy idea . We need to get these losers out the club as soon as possible. We'd like more of them out but that's not been possible so far but will happen in time.

Did we ever have Ugwu on trial? He’s still without a club. Henderson at Hearts is a good shout too, totally different player to Ugwu but looked good last season. Ideally we’d get both.

Whilst I have faith in Mcglynn and the players he wants to sign to fit his system and tactics I’ll chime in on the Telfer debate, if we haven’t added to our midfield by the window closing and unless there’s better free agents who’d come to us I’d have him back. He’s no world beater but playing an advanced midfield role in front of McGinn and Yeats would suit him far better than where our previous idiot managers played him and who they played him next to. Just like Alston proved at Killie last season if you play to a player’s strengths and put him in a system with players that compliment each other you’ll normally see much better results. Ideally we get in a better player on loan but Telfer is better than Hetherington and Mcguffie by a distance IMO

Guest Caractacus Potts

Are we paying to train on grass too as that may have bit in to his budget? 

Do feel McGlynn knows what’s needed but more than likely hampered by money as the squad is quite big at the moment. 

Guest Ecosse83

I’d rather Mcglynn was patient and got the right loan signings in, talk of Telfer is just panic stations stuff! It’s not ideal starting the league still needing to add to the squad but patience is required to make the right signings! 

Edited by Ecosse83

12 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

It’s not desperation as much as realism for me. Our current options in that position are Aidan Nesbitt and Seb Ross- Telfer is a far better player than both.

We’d all have loved someone more consistent to come in and replace Telfer. That hasn’t happened and if it’s not going to, I’d far rather have Telfer in there than our current options.

I actually think Telfer could be a lot more effective this season now we have Mcginn in the controlling midfield role. With Hetherington posted missing there last season, Telfer was effectively having to try and do 2 jobs.

To have kept Telfer, one of McGinn, FY, Donaldson, Mackie Oliver or Henderson would have to have been jettisoned…..and quite possibly FY plus one other…….just to take the budget to where it is now.

Anyone fancy that swap???……….and all in order to keep our collection of wee fancy dan dinky doo players together……..the ones we hated so much last season.

7 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

To have kept Telfer, one of McGinn, FY, Donaldson, Mackie Oliver or Henderson would have to have been jettisoned…..and quite possibly FY plus one other…….just to take the budget to where it is now.

Anyone fancy that swap???……….and all in order to keep our collection of wee fancy dan dinky doo players together……..the ones we hated so much last season.

What kind of wage was Telfer on at Falkirk,   we still have an offer on the table ATM that could change of a decent loaner becomes available..  He doesn't seem to keen to sign the deal , although is apparently training with us,

What kind of wage was Telfer on at Falkirk,   we still have an offer on the table ATM that could change of a decent loaner becomes available..  He doesn't seem to keen to sign the deal , although is apparently training with us,
I heard they are waiting to see if Mochrie will go first. Between them and the Pars

12 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:
32 minutes ago, Passionate said:

I heard they are waiting to see if Mochrie will go first. Between them and the Pars

By them are you on about Airdrie?

21 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:
40 minutes ago, Passionate said:

With regards to Mochrie it sounds like Pars are in pole position but Falkirk and Airdrie both interested. Mochrie has been in to speak to McPake as has Robbie Crawford, the latter was training with the Pars last week. On Saturday the Dundee Utd rep from the Courier said if the Pars want Mochrie then it should happen.

Edited by The Toun Clock

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

With regards to Mochrie it sounds like Pars are in pole position but Falkirk and Airdrie both interested. Mochrie has been in to speak to McPake as has Robbie Crawford, the latter was training with the Pars last week. On Saturday the Dundee Utd rep from the Courier said if the Pars want Mochrie then it should happen.

Dunfermline look the more likely but Airdrie still trying I heard. Falkirk had first option but declined as we have someone else lined up apparently. Edited to say, been told wages perhaps the issue at Falkirk.

Edited by PetShopBairn

3 hours ago, Jackie Myles said:

We didn't sign stokes till the 29th of August so a lot of water to go under the bridge before the window closes. 

But you're not seriously comparing our SPL squad of 2006/2007 with our current lot, surely? Back then we could afford to play a bit of a waiting game, we need reinforcements today.

6 minutes ago, PetShopBairn said:

Dunfermline look the more likely but Airdrie still trying I heard. Falkirk had first option but declined as we have someone else lined up apparently. Edited to say, been told wages perhaps the issue at Falkirk.

We are unable to compete with Airdrie and Dunfermline on wages?

15 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

We are unable to compete with Airdrie and Dunfermline on wages?

Could be we don't fancy paying as much of the wages as Dundee United want as opposed to we can't compete. If we've only got the money left for 2 signings McGlynn might not want to spunk the majority of that on Mochrie.

31 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

But you're not seriously comparing our SPL squad of 2006/2007 with our current lot, surely? Back then we could afford to play a bit of a waiting game, we need reinforcements today.

The reinforcements who are available today won’t be as good as the ones available near the end of the window though