The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, watdeadlyone said:

Really!!!

Both teams are in League 1 for a reason. Just because you are full time doesn't give you a right to thump every part time team you come up against. We are where we are on merit as last 4 seasons have proved not by luck

Read it again you and you might twig to what he means, it sounds in no means arrogant, basically we have managed to stop the rot where last season you would have pumped us and given the woeful refereeing as well.

Not really concerned about yourselves as as you pointed out we are where we are on merit but given the decisions made by our previous BoD managerial and otherwise and poor judgement,  not to mention the appointment of a sporting director that was completely clueless  who signed his own son that got returned back to us by lower league opposition. We now appear to be steadying the ship and moving in the right direction.

Edited by AL-FFC

Guest Caractacus Potts
39 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

White Monster is the only one that doesn't taste vile, and also is sugar free.

Good choice.

*shrugs shoulders

1 hour ago, JulioBairn said:

I didn’t actually mind Charlie Telfer but the idea of bringing him back can get tae f**k. He’s part of us under achieving for 3 years, gets released, can’t find a club so we bring him back 2 months later. f**k right off. 

Said it on many past posts, there’s a player somewhere in Telfer. Why he chooses to fart around is only his business, that’s why he’s playing at this level, unfortunately has a footballing brain streets ahead of all the culprits mentioned including Morrison. Not surprisingly Connolly who played only a few games is the best out the lot of them. Very puzzling he was always “not fit” or continuing injuries…goes to RR and by all accounts has been a standout with very few games missed. Manager & BOD issues ?

8 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

We haven’t conceded more than one goal in a competitive fixture this season. Mind you we haven’t scored more than one either.
Airdrie away next week. That game should definitely be a clue to where we are going this season unless we find a creative midfielder…..

Ps. Not sure about Telfer. I wouldn’t be against it, but he would need to be much more consistent than last season. Having seen the improvement in McKay under McGlynn that may be possible though….

I'd defo give Telfer another chance - in a team where he doesn't have to sit on top of the back 4. 

Certainly some changes needed to make us a little more potent going forwards. We have the start of a back line that will not lose goals and we have some players that can adapt to playing in slightly different positions. 

After watching the last couple of games, I would drop Williamson. He offers nothing and can't defend. re-jig the back line to play 5 at the back..... Yeats, MacKay, Donaldson, Mackie and McCann. Both the full backs can bomb on and give us something going forward, whilst the other three can mop up anything teams can throw at us. Mackie looks a better left sided CH than full back as he reads the game so well, but is not mobile enough for a modern full back. 

Mccann might not be the best defender, but as we saw against Hibs he gives us another option going forward. Mackie covered well for him in that match. 

Having some width and pace changes the dynamic a little and maybe gives the midfield / forwards a little more support.  

Still need a striker though. The jury is still out on Alegria.

Need more than one striker. I'd add we are still at least four or five quality players short up front and in midfield and right back. McGlynn will  know if he doesn't already that Nesbitt, Wilson, McGuffie, Hetherington, Morrison Williamson and Ross aren't good enough and never will be and will be more and more frustrated  with the lot of them with every week that passes. 

All the Telfer chat is really worrying. Perhaps shows the desperation in the fan base. He was part of one of the worst Falkirk teams ever and he did nothing to improve it apart from the odd performance against one of the couple of teams worse than us. 

Also concerned by the amount of Goth FFC fans drinking Monster. 

Guest Ecosse83

Mcglynn has probably never played 5 at the back in his managerial career, I hope to Christ he doesn’t start trying it now 😂

9 minutes ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

All the Telfer chat is really worrying. Perhaps shows the desperation in the fan base. He was part of one of the worst Falkirk teams ever and he did nothing to improve it apart from the odd performance against one of the couple of teams worse than us. 

Also concerned by the amount of Goth FFC fans drinking Monster. 

It’s not desperation as much as realism for me. Our current options in that position are Aidan Nesbitt and Seb Ross- Telfer is a far better player than both.

We’d all have loved someone more consistent to come in and replace Telfer. That hasn’t happened and if it’s not going to, I’d far rather have Telfer in there than our current options.

I actually think Telfer could be a lot more effective this season now we have Mcginn in the controlling midfield role. With Hetherington posted missing there last season, Telfer was effectively having to try and do 2 jobs.