The Falkirk FC Thread

Unless there’s a last minute surge of transfers/loans, this feels like one of the quietest close season transfers for many clubs. 
McAllister for as long as I can remember has been chased by many clubs, However with his family and business up north, he was always going to sign for a northern based club, albeit is a decent player in the league were in. 
Hoping for a good result and a decent turn out.

Guest Ecosse83

Buzzing for today, nice 5 pints and a few vodka and cokes planned before the game. It’s become a necessity the last few seasons 😂

Like many I have thought over the last few seasons here we go, this will be our season to get up out this league but I genuinely feel that this IS the season!!!

Fools optimism maybe but COYB and expected the unexpected and all that stuff [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

This is not just football, this is M&S football…(I f***ing hope so)

For those who don’t have Facebook, I just wanted to make everyone aware that we lost a fellow bairn, Euan Anderson, a few weeks ago. There’ll be a minutes applause on the 25th minute today at the game to celebrate Euans life, organised by the guys who run the Jimmy Gilmour Shuttle. One of our own and always in our hearts.

2 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I don’t know about other people, but I feel a damn sight better this year compared to last considering we have a manager as opposed to a youth coach. 

But then again we went up to cove last year on the first day with about 7 fit players and bodied them, very unlucky not to win.

Today important obviously but don’t think it’ll define the season 

1 hour ago, Bairns1994 said:

For those who don’t have Facebook, I just wanted to make everyone aware that we lost a fellow bairn, Euan Anderson, a few weeks ago. There’ll be a minutes applause on the 25th minute today at the game to celebrate Euans life, organised by the guys who run the Jimmy Gilmour Shuttle. One of our own and always in our hearts.

25th minute. Was that his age? Christ that's young bloody hell. Heart breaking that.

5 hours ago, Springfield said:

Unless there’s a last minute surge of transfers/loans, this feels like one of the quietest close season transfers for many clubs. 
McAllister for as long as I can remember has been chased by many clubs, However with his family and business up north, he was always going to sign for a northern based club, albeit is a decent player in the league were in. 
Hoping for a good result and a decent turn out.

Its finance and unfortunately a lot of players will leave professional football.

This is detrimental to the Scottish game and will be felt in years to come.

FWIW I think McGlynn will stop the rot. He'll sort out the defence and get things organised. But the amount of turds in the squad that just can't be polished means he has no available budget to get us anything decent up top. We'll win more than we lose but not enough to win the league. Play offs probably, then it's a lottery.

Look on this as a stabilising season, marking time until the deadwood get to the end of their contracts.

(Long sigh) COYB! 

Bit of a weird one dropping Mcguffie as he was one of the bright sparks last week.  With Waddell and Dillon as a centre back pairing we should be looking to get in behind them. 
I could be wrong here, I think McGlynn is going to put a bit of trust in Nesbitt. At least early on.

Not like he has a choice, been left hamstrung by too much of last season's dross. He might get them trying harder but ultimately you can't polish a turd. It's just a pity we will have to wait till the end of the season to finally see the back of them. 

Draw definitely fair result so far here. Both teams having some decent play without making either keeper make a proper save.

We all know we’re missing an end product and fire power up front but think all 4 of our midfielders are playing well here. Playing a diamond with Oliver and Morrison up top and I think it’s getting the best out of the 4 of them so far. Finn Yeats is an absolute baller though.

Draw definitely fair result so far here. Both teams having some decent play without making either keeper make a proper save.

We all know we’re missing an end product and fire power up front but think all 4 of our midfielders are playing well here. Playing a diamond with Oliver and Morrison up top and I think it’s getting the best out of the 4 of them so far. Finn Yeats is an absolute baller though.
Yeats has been everywhere. Pops up all over the park. Very good to see.