The Falkirk FC Thread

51 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Episode 1 now out on YouTube & everywhere you get your podcasts. 

Had a watch and subscribed on YouTube.

Good banter and chat, only slight criticism is maybe too long at nearly one and half hours. Maybe condensed into 30 minutes would work but keep up the great work guys 

1 minute ago, kemlinbairn said:

Had a watch and subscribed on YouTube.

Good banter and chat, only slight criticism is maybe too long at nearly one and half hours. Maybe condensed into 30 minutes would work but keep up the great work guys 

Cheers. Yeah, the weekly episodes will be 30-45mins 👍🏼

Edited by RC55 FFC

Just shows how hard this summer must've been for McGlynn considering the season starts on Saturday and we're still stuck with 13 of the 14 players we had leftover from last season. The players he's brought in so far have made a massive difference defensively and he's even managed to get more out of the players leftover from last season than any of us thought they were capable of. Our lack of creativity and goal threat is obviously the last piece of the puzzle to be addressed but in McGlynn we trust.

Goalkeeper 
PJ Morrison
Paddy Martin

Defenders
Blair Sneddon
Ryan Williamson
Brad Mckay
Leon McCann
Paul Watson
Liam Henderson
Coll Donaldson
Sean Mackie

Midfielders
Stephen Mcginn
Callumn Morrison
Steven Hetherington
Aidan Nesbitt
Craig Mcguffie
Seb Ross
Finn Yeats
Pearse Carroll (A)
Lennon Walker (A)
Scott Honeyman (A)
Kai Kennedy

Strikers
Gary Oliver
Juan Alegria
Jaime Wilson
Finlay Malcolm
Kyle Connolly (A)

Edited by FFC 1876

2 hours ago, StuartA said:

Decent looking fella too. Camera adds 10 stone.

Tinder going MAD, btw. 

Clearly the Bungle tribute act bookings have dried up. 😉

10 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

We don’t need a striker coach we need a striker who is not 41 years old.

And to think I got stick for suggesting Griffiths on a pay as you play deal.

Given the choice of Miller at 41 or Griffiths, Id choose Miller....

If it's a rumour that's true I'd guess it's coaching only, I don't think the best coach in the world can get Wilson firing all cylinders but we have Alegria, two youngsters and even Oliver will benefit.

I wouldn't want Miller to sign as a player but I can't recall Miller going missing for 3yrs of his career and was still performing well into his late 30s

Griffiths hasn't kicked a ball in his 30s, Griffiths had more natural talent than Miller but wasted it.

I don't blame Rennie for signing Griffiths, it was a gamble that could've worked, but for me was like us signing Chris McCart, another one who was clearly not fit for football 

11 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Heard from a very good source down at the stadium that McGlynn is bringing in Kenny Miller over the next few days as a striking coach/player. It'll be a part time role, all depending whether Rangers make it into the Champions or Europa Leagues. 

Champ League he'll be working Monday Thursday Saturday with us to allow him to do his RangersTV/BT stuff.

Europa it'll be Tuesday Wednesday Saturday.

Still think he can do a job at this level at the age of 41! 

So basically what he was doing for us before just with a little playing thrown in.

11 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Cheers. Yeah, the weekly episodes will be 30-45mins 👍🏼

Thanks for that. As I said it was an observation rather than a criticism. Enjoyed the first one and look forward to the next.

Good on you guys for giving up your time to do this 

Despite having said, and planning to continue saying, enough about the lack of a decent striker, I'd just like to say at this point (and against my better judgement due to the last few years expereince) that I am genuinely excited for tomorrow.

I think we will more than match up to Montrose man for man, I think we will have a tactics and a coherent gameplan, I think we will effort and application and blood/snotters if required. I also think we will keep the back door closed to an extent that can reasonably forsee us getting the win by hook or by crook.

None of that paragraph has applied in quite some time. So aye, there's more required, but tomorrow we get to watch a club on its way to being fan owned and led, managed by someone who knows what they are doing, with players who listen to him. It's maybe no a high bar, but I'm excited.

24 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Despite having said, and planning to continue saying, enough about the lack of a decent striker, I'd just like to say at this point (and against my better judgement due to the last few years expereince) that I am genuinely excited for tomorrow.

I think we will more than match up to Montrose man for man, I think we will have a tactics and a coherent gameplan, I think we will effort and application and blood/snotters if required. I also think we will keep the back door closed to an extent that can reasonably forsee us getting the win by hook or by crook.

None of that paragraph has applied in quite some time. So aye, there's more required, but tomorrow we get to watch a club on its way to being fan owned and led, managed by someone who knows what they are doing, with players who listen to him. It's maybe no a high bar, but I'm excited.

Buzzing for it as well, pints and fitbaw back!! 

35 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I get like this every year at the start of the season, I hope McGlynn can keep the feeling there for more than a few weeks. I have faith. 

As Believe the Hype said, can't wait for a pint and some football. Falkirk Saturdays are back baby x