The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

It was boys like Jimmy Stirling, Toosle, McPhait that ran our bus, absolute legends the lot of them. I think I mind fadgy.

Davie had a wee whippet pooch that was a wee star too. Our player of the year nights for The Tav FFC Supporters were fantastic nights. 

I played football with Jimmy’s laddie. Jimmy was a great man and is sadly missed.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I played football with Jimmy’s laddie. Jimmy was a great man and is sadly missed.

Yip, he was a lovely guy.

I could be wrong but I’m sure Jimmy’s last game was the 1997 cup final, he just got scunnered with it and chucked going to games.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

4 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Exactly this. 

We’re supposed to have a club that is run by fans for the fans. Too often have boards in the past tried to shout down criticism. I don’t see any indication the new board are like this however it’s not a good look if people close to them are shouting down any fair criticism on here. 

The club tweeted today that they have made the club shop hours consistent each week due to fans comments. That’s a good sign that they are listening. It’s also a completely sensible critique from those that suggested it. 

Making the fixture list available and hopefully fixing it to be accurate is another good suggestion.

It’s little things and possibly trivial but if it means people don’t turn up to a closed shop when the hours have changed for a particular day or that some fans can easily check when our next home game is, then it’s a step in the right direction to having a more effectively run club. 

I suppose that is a dig at me. 

At no time have I said people are not entitled to their opinion, but that works two ways, and I am entitled to mine. 

1 hour ago, Zbairn said:

Found this one a wee bit strange, unless there are some "add ons" to the contract.

From what I read, we have only given him a one year deal and then immediately farmed him out to Bo'ness. Doesn't make sense to me.

It’s a funny one for me unless it’s genuinely costing nothing.

May be an unpopular opinion but I certainly wouldn’t have prioritised our limited resources in bringing in youth players this season when the first 11 requires so much investment. 

To me we just can’t afford to be bringing in players who Mcglynn has admitted will not start games when we have so many who should be in that position as it is.

2 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

It’s a funny one for me unless it’s genuinely costing nothing.

May be an unpopular opinion but I certainly wouldn’t have prioritised our limited resources in bringing in youth players this season when the first 11 requires so much investment. 

To me we just can’t afford to be bringing in players who Mcglynn has admitted will not start games when we have so many who should be in that position as it is.

For me it just doesn't make sense. The club have given the lad a one year contract and then sent him out to Bo'ness, presumably for one year !  Where is the logic in that ?

23 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Personally I don’t have an issue with gambling sponsorship-it’s a perfectly legitimate business and even better if the owner is a Falkirk fan. It’s a win-win for both parties imo.

I dont f it is just kept to the shirt. If it gets plastered over social media posts, the website and the ground then I'd have an issue with it.

For me it just doesn't make sense. The club have given the lad a one year contract and then sent him out to Bo'ness, presumably for one year !  Where is the logic in that ?
I'm guessing that Mcglynn maybe sees something in the Laddie, he's training with us during week, so Mcglynn thinks he can work with him in training and be an option for next season, can't imagine he will be on much, probably peanuts.

21 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Maybe they're unsure if he'll develop as they would like and will either offer him a new deal if he does and won't if he doesn't? Unless of course the website's wrong...

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Maybe they're unsure if he'll develop as they would like and will either offer him a new deal if he does and won't if he doesn't? Unless of course the website's wrong...

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

FFS don't go there!

More pressing issue is we have our first league game on Saturday and as it stands we have Oliver, Wilson 🤣 and Alegria 🙄as our striking options and zero creativity behind them. Hopefully an incoming signing or two before then. Lewis  has said we have a squad of 25 or so players on FB, yet looking at it your still struggling to field a really strong side. 

2 hours ago, Hugh Hillshaveyes said:

Since pedentary is in fashion on here...I'll point out it was big Davie Chirray...he didn't like being misnomered as cherry

Lol, yes it's defo Chirray. He's about 80 now working as a local lorry driver, great work ethic and puts all the young guys to shame!

11 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Dunfermline have sold 300 STs in the last week to move ahead of us. Hopefully our numbers get a late boost as well, especially as it could be the difference between getting one more player in or not 

Think it’s to do with a increase of youth / U16 tickets, but adult tickets down ( whatever that means)