The Falkirk FC Thread

Well, my iPad is now showing STs for Season 21/22. It was fine earlier in the day, so there does indeed seem to be a ghost in the machine.

5 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Anyone tried clicking on tickets? 

Brings up a page advertising season tickets for last year on my phone! 

Yep, that's what I get. 

I'm sure over time these things will be fixed 

I note that a lot of people on twitter wetting their pants about having a betting sponsor presumably because betting can be harmful. The same folk who probably have skin tight clothing due to weight gain, little activity and who drink lager and smoke tabs after work. When did we gain such a puritan support base

Guest Caractacus Potts
13 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Club getting a wee bit abuse on twitter for having a gambling sponsor. No issue for me, take the cash where we can get it. 

I get why people don’t like it but it’s not an issue for me either. Gambling adverts are everywhere and if the league was sponsored by a gambling company, as it has been in the past, then it would already be on our strips. 

Drinks companies bring up the same ethical dilemma and the Budweiser Budvar sponsor was the best we’ve had in a long time(and won the league twice with it). I had no issue with that either. 

6 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I get why people don’t like it but it’s not an issue for me either. Gambling adverts are everywhere and if the league was sponsored by a gambling company, as it has been in the past, then it would already be on our strips. 

Drinks companies bring up the same ethical dilemma and the Budweiser Budvar sponsor was the best we’ve had in a long time(and won the league twice with it). I had no issue with that either. 

I drink too much but it’s down to me, if we had an alcohol sponsor I wouldn’t make a fuss about it as it’s my choice. I know the harm I’m doing to myself.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

42 minutes ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

I've said it before but I think it would be an idea for the club to sell shirts without a sponsor on them. Wouldn't mind if I had to pay extra.

Anyone have the best email address to use for such a suggestion?

Think it would to excluded as part of the term and conditions of the sponsor agreement.

After all that's the whole point of having it on the jersey

Guest Caractacus Potts
46 minutes ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

I've said it before but I think it would be an idea for the club to sell shirts without a sponsor on them. Wouldn't mind if I had to pay extra.

Anyone have the best email address to use for such a suggestion?

I’d be up for that too. I presume the main sponsor will have to be on all tops though as part of the deal?

Not sure how it works with the rest but would happily buy one without them as it just looks a bit messy with all the sponsors. No qualms about the club doing it as we need all the money we can get.

This new sponsor will presumably not be on replica tops as there will have been a lot sold before the deal was made so would be good if you could buy ones without the rest, as you say. 

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I know we are struggling financially but disappointed to see us have a gambling company on the jerseys.

They did also make a statement in the release with:

"Regency’s mission is to ensure that all customers are in control of their gambling.

All of their staff have passed the latest Betting and Gaming Council training courses and have been trained to spot the danger signs of people who may have problems with gambling. To ensure that everyone is gambling safely they have a range of tools and balances to help support those who need it.

As part of the season-long agreement Regency Betting Group, Falkirk Football Club and the Falkirk Foundation will work closely together to improve our community, promoting education and awareness around responsible gambling by creating workshops throughout the season on the importance of responsible gambling."

Is it acceptable for me to have a moan about crane companies as they are a nightmare on the M9 Eastbound at 7 in the morning and we have a crane company as a sponsor, seeing as we are having a moan about the shade of blue of the seats, a betting company on back of shirt, fixture lists not published, fixture lists published but not right, the old website, the new website and pretty much anything that has ever been close proximity of the TFS and in the TFS

When did our fanbase develop so many Snowflakes?!  

Gambling has the potential to be detrimental to some people, as can almost everything these days- if Cadburys offered us a huge sponsorship deal, would these same people get their knickers in a twist because too much chocolate is bad? 

I know this isn't a huge deal, but it's income that the club really needs and which could help us move forward - the fans know we need more income but are quick to moan when we get it! 

Why is a local gambling company, run by fans who have made it a point to use this advertising to promote responsible gambling so bad, but a night club who actively try to encourage the younger generation to go get oot their tits every weekend and binge away their wages okay? 

Edited by some_guy

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

I know we are struggling financially but disappointed to see us have a gambling company on the jerseys.

The only sponsor we have had on the strips that I've tried is budvar, occasionally back in the day when it was everywhere. They could have anything on them and I'd not pay that much attention, same goes for boards around pitch. 

If you are going to drink, knock down buildings, go to the maniqui or bet....I very much doubt that its because it's on a Falkirk strip that you will for that reason. 

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

The only sponsor we have had on the strips that I've tried is budvar, occasionally back in the day when it was everywhere. They could have anything on them and I'd not pay that much attention, same goes for boards around pitch. 

If you are going to drink, knock down buildings, go to the maniqui or bet....I very much doubt that its because it's on a Falkirk strip that you will for that reason. 

The past 3 seasons have been that bad if Bubbles was still going they could have made it a point to use that as front of shirt sponsor if the rumours were right about that place .... 🤣