The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Works fine for me.

That’s strange. Tried several times and keeps taking me to the page for 2021/22 season tickets. Feels like my phone is taking the piss! 

54 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Okay, next point, is try to load https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/ on a mobile device. I can make a cup of tea in the time it takes to load. Majority of people will access your website from mobile devices. The new homepage has significantly longer load times than it had before.

Are you in the Guinness book of records for quickest cup of tea ?

I preferred the format, structure, design you had of the fixtures than the one we have but that's just personal taste. I have to say it is amateurish to get fixtures wrong, other issues can be understandable but those fixtures should've been checked 2,3,4 or even 5 times afore published.

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Okay, next point, is try to load https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/ on a mobile device. I can make a cup of tea in the time it takes to load. Majority of people will access your website from mobile devices. The new homepage has significantly longer load times than it had before.

Im currently in a boat in the middle of the sound of Mull and it loads fine for me.

10 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Are you in the Guinness book of records for quickest cup of tea ?

I preferred the format, structure, design you had of the fixtures than the one we have but that's just personal taste. I have to say it is amateurish to get fixtures wrong, other issues can be understandable but those fixtures should've been checked 2,3,4 or even 5 times afore published.

I'm starting to realise why in the matrix staying in the blissful ignorance was the blue pill.

https://developers.google.com/speed/docs/insights/v5/about. This is the tool I'm using to evaluate performance. It's useful for giving comparisons and for where to spend your energies optimising.

So there's a few sportspress shortcodes. On your fixture page its one called [event_blocks id] which I use too on my front page. I just don't like it when you have so many on a page. Ours fixture list is [event_list id]

Due to Dunfermline, QOTS and ourselves all being in League 1, and indeed a general rejigging of clubs in Scotland, is calling Leagues 1 and 2 the seaside leagues now a misnomer?

The Scottish Premiership has 4 “coastal” teams: Aberdeen, Dundee United, Hearts and Hibs.

The Championship has 7: Arbroath, Ayr United, Cove, Dundee, Inverness CT, Morten and Raith Rovers.

League 1 has 3: FC Edinburgh, Montrose and Peterhead.

League 2 has 3: Dumbarton, East Fife and Stranraer.

Should we come up with another, similarly insulting name for Leagues 1 and 2?

20 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I'm starting to realise why in the matrix staying in the blissful ignorance was the blue pill.

https://developers.google.com/speed/docs/insights/v5/about. This is the tool I'm using to evaluate performance. It's useful for giving comparisons and for where to spend your energies optimising.

So there's a few sportspress shortcodes. On your fixture page its one called [event_blocks id] which I use too on my front page. I just don't like it when you have so many on a page. Ours fixture list is [event_list id]

I hope you got yer anorak off for the warmer temperatures today 😶

It's a website for a Scottish 3rd division league team not a stock market website.

Yep it's needing an overhaul, yep fixes yesterday should have the fixtures correct but shaving 0.2 of a second of load time is the last thing that's a concern.

Guest Caractacus Potts
8 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Due to Dunfermline, QOTS and ourselves all being in League 1, and indeed a general rejigging of clubs in Scotland, is calling Leagues 1 and 2 the seaside leagues now a misnomer?

The Scottish Premiership has 4 “coastal” teams: Aberdeen, Dundee United, Hearts and Hibs.

The Championship has 7: Arbroath, Ayr United, Cove, Dundee, Inverness CT, Morten and Raith Rovers.

It’s a good point although we’re closer to the coast than Tynecastle. 

2 hours ago, Hughsie said:

That is disappointing, if true.

Out if interest, when was the last season that you paid for the board? Surely you weren’t paying for advertising space up until last season and they’ve removed it without asking if you wanted to renew this season?

no payments were due, with the exception of the coming season and it was removed prior to any contact from the club, which was actually only initiated by us upon noticing its disappearance.  yes there's more important things to be sorted but there's been a good bit of chat on here regarding the state of the advertising contracts and payments not being made etc so felt this was relevant. i have heard that there's been a lot up for years without payment and obviously would expect them to be removed.....

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

It depends what you define as 'seaside' I suppose 

I would add to the criteria that as well as being near the coast it also has to be a small town with a long history of no top flight football (aka in my lifetime) for the full diddy/ bucket and spade experience. The kind of place where the food kiosks consist of a single burger van and the toilets resemble portaloos. I've highlighted the teams in your post that this would apply to. 

Interestingly the Championship still has the most and League 1 has the least, after the Premiership

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

1 hour ago, muppetshow said:

no payments were due, with the exception of the coming season and it was removed prior to any contact from the club, which was actually only initiated by us upon noticing its disappearance.  yes there's more important things to be sorted but there's been a good bit of chat on here regarding the state of the advertising contracts and payments not being made etc so felt this was relevant. i have heard that there's been a lot up for years without payment and obviously would expect them to be removed.....

Then that needs to be fixed regardless of “more important stuff” or not. It’s a reputational thing. If your board had been paid year on year, and a club employee made the decision to dismantle your advertising board without any form of consultation, then it’s up to the club to provide the new board should you have wished to continue. Simple as that.

I think we all know well enough that we now have a Board who want to do the right things for the club……that in itself is a huge shift from the last mob. Thing is, people pointing stuff out that is wrong or not working correctly should continue to do so. They are pointing legitimate  stuff out, not ripping the club to pieces.………..and importantly, they are not demanding that it be moved to the top of any list of priorities, nor are they denying the Board “a bit of slack”.

The real crap patter is them then being criticised for doing so.

Guest Caractacus Potts
38 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Then that needs to be fixed regardless of “more important stuff” or not. It’s a reputational thing. If your board had been paid year on year, and a club employee made the decision to dismantle your advertising board without any form of consultation, then it’s up to the club to provide the new board should you have wished to continue. Simple as that.

I think we all know well enough that we now have a Board who want to do the right things for the club……that in itself is a huge shift from the last mob. Thing is, people pointing stuff out that is wrong or not working correctly should continue to do so. They are pointing legitimate  stuff out, not ripping the club to pieces.………..and importantly, they are not demanding that it be moved to the top of any list of priorities, nor are they denying the Board “a bit of slack”.

The real crap patter is them then being criticised for doing so.

Exactly this. 

We’re supposed to have a club that is run by fans for the fans. Too often have boards in the past tried to shout down criticism. I don’t see any indication the new board are like this however it’s not a good look if people close to them are shouting down any fair criticism on here. 

The club tweeted today that they have made the club shop hours consistent each week due to fans comments. That’s a good sign that they are listening. It’s also a completely sensible critique from those that suggested it. 

Making the fixture list available and hopefully fixing it to be accurate is another good suggestion.

It’s little things and possibly trivial but if it means people don’t turn up to a closed shop when the hours have changed for a particular day or that some fans can easily check when our next home game is, then it’s a step in the right direction to having a more effectively run club.