The Falkirk FC Thread

7 hours ago, muppetshow said:

i see from the other nite that the stadium is very light on advertising, We had a board on the far side which was ripped down before the first preseason friendly, no idea where it is, but with absolutely no contact from the club as to whether or not we wished to retain it...... which we would have paid for but not now with the cost of another board being made by the sign company and f**k all communication from the club, we wont bother. its not that difficult to keep local business on board.

That is disappointing, if true.

Out if interest, when was the last season that you paid for the board? Surely you weren’t paying for advertising space up until last season and they’ve removed it without asking if you wanted to renew this season?

4 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

That is disappointing, if true.

Out if interest, when was the last season that you paid for the board? Surely you weren’t paying for advertising space up until last season and they’ve removed it without asking if you wanted to renew this season?

Quite pleased that the club have taken action and removed advertising that hasn’t been paid for e.g Imperial Cars. The free advertising fiasco didn’t cost the club anything, but it sure could have p****d off those that did pay.

Knowing the guys in Marketing and Sales, I am a little surprised by the fact that they didn’t contact you before taking your board down. Maybe you just slipped through the net, or maybe you should contact them and ask for a rebate to produce a new board. 

I actually thought the level of advertising wasn’t too bad when I looked around last Saturday. More is better though! 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

If sponsors have been getting “a free” advertising slot, understandably the club need to stop any such practice. However, would have thought the sensible and logical way would be an opening line of communication, followed by the appropriate actions. Sounds harsh removing boards without contacting the sponsor/company. 

How many of these ‘free’ boards were genuinely free though and how many were in exchange for services provided to the club?

15 hours ago, some_guy said:

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/fixtures/

I see the fixtures have been sorted on the site which I reckon actually looks pretty good now, shall we start a sweep on what the fussbudgets on here are gonna complain about next?

Okay, next point, is try to load https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/ on a mobile device. I can make a cup of tea in the time it takes to load. Majority of people will access your website from mobile devices. The new homepage has significantly longer load times than it had before.

14 minutes ago, Braes_Bairn said:

How many of these ‘free’ boards were genuinely free though and how many were in exchange for services provided to the club?

They were still free if those providing the services stopped providing those services but the boards were never removed. Complete shambles and at the very least reeks  of a can't be arsed attitude from the previous lot.

4 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Okay, next point, is try to load https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/ on a mobile device. I can make a cup of tea in the time it takes to load. Majority of people will access your website from mobile devices. The new homepage has significantly longer load times than it had before.

Must be you loads instantly for me.

5 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Have you cycled enough this morning to generate your wifi quota over there?

9 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Took, I'd guess, 0.4 seconds. Must be the wifi down in the Clacks. 

Looking at the fixtures 4 away games on the trot early on will be season-defining.

Of course every game is important and home and away even themselves out but 4 away games in a row is a tough gig.

September 17, 2022
3:00 pm
cinch League One
East End Park

Dunfermline Athletic FC v Falkirk FC

October 1, 2022
cinch League One
Falkirk Stadium

Clyde FC v Falkirk FC

PETERHEAD--128x115.pngFFC-logo-copy-128x112.webpOctober 8, 2022
cinch League One
Balmoor Stadium

Peterhead FC v Falkirk FC

Montrose_FC_logo-111x128.pngFFC-logo-copy-128x112.webpOctober 15, 2022
cinch League One
Links Park

Montrose FC v Falkirk FC

2 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Looking at the fixtures 4 away games on the trot early on will be season-defining.

Of course every game is important and home and away even themselves out but 4 away games in a row is a tough gig.

September 17, 2022
cinch League One
East End Park

Dunfermline Athletic FC v Falkirk FC

October 1, 2022
cinch League One
Falkirk Stadium

Clyde FC v Falkirk FC

PETERHEAD--128x115.pngFFC-logo-copy-128x112.webpOctober 8, 2022
cinch League One
Balmoor Stadium

Peterhead FC v Falkirk FC

Montrose_FC_logo-111x128.pngFFC-logo-copy-128x112.webpOctober 15, 2022
cinch League One
Links Park

Montrose FC v Falkirk FC

Wee bit surprised by that….it’s usually 2 away or 2 home on the trot…..in between the usual home/away basis. 

4 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

We're at home to Clyde on the 01st 🤦🏻‍♂️

For f**k sake ally, that's us finished. Think of all the potential fans who were planning on booking to come see us on the 1st of October only to now think we're playing away from home! If someones not publicly dragged around the park by the tractor at half time on Saturday for their incompetence I'll be outraged.

Edited by FFC 1876

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

For f**k sake ally, that's us finished. Think of all the potential fans who were planning on booking to come see us on the 1st of October only to now think we're playing away from home! If someones not publicly dragged around the park by the tractor at half time on Saturday for their incompetence I'll be outraged.

That's a bit much. Rotten veg in the centre circle would suffice! 😛🍅

I'm serene about the whole thing now.

Guest Caractacus Potts

Anyone tried clicking on tickets? 

Brings up a page advertising season tickets for last year on my phone!