The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Lets not get carried away 8 - 10 games in is when we will have an idea of where we stand against our rivals many who have new squads as well.

Positives: Better organised and certainly motivated on the pitch.

Negatives: Who scores the goals 

Summary: Nobody is going to run away with the league not one team has an outstanding squad its going to be a long tough season.

Whoever gets lucky with a decent No 9, won’t expect to be far off top spot. You’re not far away with post, first quarter will confirm if we’re going to be near the top. Funnily enough a hibee mate reckons we won’t be far away……..if we get the elusive CF……

17 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I actually think QoS might be ones to watch. Gibson had them playing decent stuff last season by all accounts despite them getting relegated. 

I thought the same, they seem to be going under the radar a bit but have made a few reasonable signings and will obviously now have an additional few hundred thousand to spend after drawing away to sevco in the cup. 

29 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Lets not get carried away 8 - 10 games in is when we will have an idea of where we stand against our rivals many who have new squads as well.

Positives: Better organised and certainly motivated on the pitch.

Negatives: Who scores the goals 

Summary: Nobody is going to run away with the league not one team has an outstanding squad its going to be a long tough season.

I wasn’t getting carried away.

Guest Caractacus Potts

I didn’t think there was much wrong with the old website. It was just the lack of information and updating that bothered me. It still had contact Alex and Kieran in the hospitality  section up till February for instance! Hopefully this new site will see an improvement in that and maybe replace the pictures of Zak Rudden! 

40 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I didn’t think there was much wrong with the old website. It was just the lack of information and updating that bothered me. It still had contact Alex and Kieran in the hospitality  section up till February for instance! Hopefully this new site will see an improvement in that and maybe replace the pictures of Zak Rudden! 

Especially when he's not here to score fuckin' goals anymore like!

5 hours ago, Trump said:

A new head of youth development announced, good. But the last photo of him with the disgustingly dirty seats around him isn’t a good look

While you have a point, the seats are 20+ years old 

2 hours ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Fixture list on the website looks great. Good to see the club reacting to fix it and well done to the fans who brought it up and pointed out the fix needed. 

Sign of things to come in terms of fan/club relationship. 

Not being churlish but they show us beating Kilmarnock 4-1 ?

41 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

While you have a point, the seats are 20+ years old 

I dont mind that the blue seats in the main stand are beginning to fade/ rust a bit but can they not replace those blocks of white seats in the main stand upper with new navy ones? Especially as we also need to replace about 200 seats in the north stand and could do a bulk order now 

2 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I dont mind that the blue seats in the main stand are beginning to fade/ rust a bit but can they not replace those blocks of white seats in the main stand upper with new navy ones? Especially as we also need to replace about 200 seats in the north stand and could do a bulk order now 

Would be nice to have the seats spell out KM7..in the Crunchie Stand.

4 hours ago, some_guy said:

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/fixtures/

I see the fixtures have been sorted on the site which I reckon actually looks pretty good now, shall we start a sweep on what the fussbudgets on here are gonna complain about next?

!!!!Fussbudget Alert!!!!!!

But still not correct.  They have us

August 20th away to FC Edinburgh

August 27th away to QOTS?

September 3rd away to Kelty

For the QOTS game they have the club crests the correct way round but the fixture is listed as QOTS v Falkirk instead of Falkirk v QOTS.

i see from the other nite that the stadium is very light on advertising, We had a board on the far side which was ripped down before the first preseason friendly, no idea where it is, but with absolutely no contact from the club as to whether or not we wished to retain it...... which we would have paid for but not now with the cost of another board being made by the sign company and f**k all communication from the club, we wont bother. its not that difficult to keep local business on board.

4 hours ago, muppetshow said:

i see from the other nite that the stadium is very light on advertising, We had a board on the far side which was ripped down before the first preseason friendly, no idea where it is, but with absolutely no contact from the club as to whether or not we wished to retain it...... which we would have paid for but not now with the cost of another board being made by the sign company and f**k all communication from the club, we wont bother. its not that difficult to keep local business on board.

Honest to f**k give the guys a chance in the new board, pretty sure its posted on here that while the advertising is bare this was due to the fact a lot of those who paid for advertising hadn't been chased to pay up for continuing to advertise, they had a few years of free advertising at the stadium.  If they had kept the board up would you moan that the advertising board is just too plain without any adverts on it and then suggest it should be taken down.

On the seats issue maybe someone could walk around the stadium with a Navy Blue colour chart and match it against the seat once it starts to change from the colour on the chart they start a process of getting a new one, Catch a grip in the grand scheme of things whilst it might not look great I'm pretty sure they have more important sh*t to deal with than the above 2 issues, They have got 10 yrs of f**k ups to sort out.  

Pretty happy the way things are heading we could be taken over by an oil rich Middle Eastern country and folk would still find something to moan about.

12 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

we could be taken over by an oil rich Middle Eastern country and folk would still find something to moan about.

The homophobic, anti-gay chants would then be positively encouraged, eh?

2 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Honest to f**k give the guys a chance in the new board, pretty sure its posted on here that while the advertising is bare this was due to the fact a lot of those who paid for advertising hadn't been chased to pay up for continuing to advertise, they had a few years of free advertising at the stadium.  If they had kept the board up would you moan that the advertising board is just too plain without any adverts on it and then suggest it should be taken down.

On the seats issue maybe someone could walk around the stadium with a Navy Blue colour chart and match it against the seat once it starts to change from the colour on the chart they start a process of getting a new one, Catch a grip in the grand scheme of things whilst it might not look great I'm pretty sure they have more important sh*t to deal with than the above 2 issues, They have got 10 yrs of f**k ups to sort out.  

Pretty happy the way things are heading we could be taken over by an oil rich Middle Eastern country and folk would still find something to moan about.

If sponsors have been getting “a free” advertising slot, understandably the club need to stop any such practice. However, would have thought the sensible and logical way would be an opening line of communication, followed by the appropriate actions. Sounds harsh removing boards without contacting the sponsor/company.