The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Due to your closeness to the board can we all assume that you volunteer at the club? I will be absolutely delighted if your answer is "yes" and fair play to you.

To be fair to him he lives in South Yorkshire which obviously limits the ability for direct involvement.

He has helped the club over the years and one obvious example of that is the McAllister stand Legends banners on the side windbreaks.

Can be a grumpy bugger but his commitment to the club can’t be faulted.

2 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

To be fair to him he lives in South Yorkshire which obviously limits the ability for direct involvement.

He has helped the club over the years and one obvious example of that is the McAllister stand Legends banners on the side windbreaks.

Can be a grumpy bugger but his commitment to the club can’t be faulted.

Thanks.

Wasn't aware of his location and good on him for the banners.

2 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

The boy got onto the end of a cross which is quite rare for us recently

One of our pretendy coach "managers" - can't remember which one - introduced a new drill at the warm up for strikers. They had to run in and take a shot but then they had to attack a cross in the same movement. It was frightening how many couldn't get near to heading the cross. 

20 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Mcginn is everything I hoped Hetherington would be. Was everywhere today and very unlucky not to score with that strike.

A nice change to look forward to a post match managerial interview 

The first 10 mins Hetherington losing the ball whilst trying to shield it then McGinn in the same area wins a free kick shows the massive difference between both.

I'm still not getting the praise Hetherington is getting, still very much as above, poor passing and not commanding enough

19 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Morrison is infuriating as f**k all to often he makes the wrong choice of pass, runs into traffic or just loses possession, his final product leaves a lot to be desired aswell. I actually think he's regressed as a player. 

I think he has lost a bit of his pace with multiple injuries, he can still be capable but pace was his strength.

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Either I've got too much time on my hands or... no it's definitely that.

https://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/team/falkirk/

A bit more time required fixing mobile issues of having to tilt phone to see full screen, some have their phones no tilt.

As said earlier it's not a big job but we don't know the background of the issues at the moment. A few hours for a professional fix and mins for an amateur quick fix.

13 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

When was the last time we finished top of any group. I cant remember

Was it not the season Loy came back? ICT were the premier team in the group, sure we beat them and pumped Stirling as well, can't mind who else was in the group. Only to get beat off livi in the next round. 

16 minutes ago, MrDust said:

A bit more time required fixing mobile issues of having to tilt phone to see full screen, some have their phones no tilt.

As said earlier it's not a big job but we don't know the background of the issues at the moment. A few hours for a professional fix and mins for an amateur quick fix.

Perfectionism is a curse. You can now slide to see the obscured columns. added <div style="overflow-x:auto;"> to the code.

Is it better to have an amateur solution that works or a professional 'idea' that's not implemented? Certainly in the short term it's better to have something interim that is functional rather than starting  with the form.

Edited by LeodhasXD

The new bod aren't perfect and will make mistakes but at least they are doing everything to try and improve the club. The last mob were not just   incompetent but down right criminal in their actions . There's loads still to do but at least we appear to be heading in the right direction.  That doesn't mean they should be devoid of criticism when necessary. They shouldn't get a free ride just because the last lot were a bunch of crooks .I've got to admit I never really use the website I just Google or use the sky sports app for any info I need.

Edited by Jackie Myles

A few managers publicly complaining about the early start to the season with the games. Not sure if a few of them are just pissed off at losing out, or a genuine pop to the timing.
Had a quick look at all the attendances and surprised at some of the very low turn outs from some of the SPL teams. Maybe its just a diddy cup for many………🙄

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

A few managers publicly complaining about the early start to the season with the games. Not sure if a few of them are just pissed off at losing out, or a genuine pop to the timing.
Had a quick look at all the attendances and surprised at some of the very low turn outs from some of the SPL teams. Maybe its just a diddy cup for many………🙄

Or maybe thousands of fans are on holiday right now..

3 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Whatever it is that’s wrong with the website could one of the posters who have an issue with it please email the club! Maybe they’ll take it on board and sort it! Agree with BPM, the amount of attention it gets on here for something as trivial is getting a bit boring/tiresome. Especially after we just won a league cup group containing Hibs and Morton, I’d have presumed we’d more be discussing that to be honest. 

C'mon, I thought you'd know that we're all Falkirk fans and always looking for something to complain about 😆

12 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Classic case of sour grapes coming from managers under pressure due to horrible results.  The likes of Hibs should have squads big enough to rotate and still beat league one sides like ourselves.  Lee Johnson won't have to worry about it again as he'll be sacked well before next close season anyway.

Before they start the draw for the last 16 of the league cup, I just wanted to raise that I think it’s a disgrace that we are using seeding in the draw.
The financial advantage that big clubs are getting, coupled with a bye from the group stages should be more than enough of an advantage.
Football has become predictable enough nowadays without deliberately pairing stronger teams against the weaker ones for no justifiable reason. All it does is set up little excitement from the draw from a neutrals perspective …..

2 hours ago, Jackie Myles said:

The new bod aren't perfect and will make mistakes but at least they are doing everything to try and improve the club. The last mob were not just   incompetent but down right criminal in their actions . There's loads still to do but at least we appear to be heading in the right direction.  That doesn't mean they should be devoid of criticism when necessary. They shouldn't get a free ride just because the last lot were a bunch of crooks .I've got to admit I never really use the website I just Google or use the sky sports app for any info I need.

I think you will have to give the board a full calendar year to fully judge them, I bet there is still stuff the previous board left still jumping out of closets. 

They will get things wrong but they seem to be more transparent than the previous and won't point fingers at the fans if it's clearly their mistakes.

The big downside is the previous charlatans should've been chased years ago, their time was up 

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

It is a joke competition, far too early a start, top league team seeded in groups then seeds apply for draws thereafter. We would've put a thousand or so in our home games if the games were September, October, so it's no surprise the crowds are poor.

It is an achievement us topping the group but don't think we would've topped the group if it was later in the season.

The dundee or hearts draw comes back to us 😶😶

Edited by MrDust