The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, CammyDick said:

the borderline bullying people into silence who offer up even mild criticism of the club is something that needs nipped in the bud very quickly. even more so if this bullying is coming from close friends of the ‘new regime’. 

The new regime is not faultless, far from it. But in relation to the old regime, there is absolutely no comparison. I would like to caveat that with “old” regime being one or two individuals who saw the club as their own personal plaything and used it to further their own personal causes. 

To criticise the new regime on a forum like PnB is fair game, as long as it is justified. To defend them, when you know things are wrong is just sycophantic. 

Whatever it is that’s wrong with the website could one of the posters who have an issue with it please email the club! Maybe they’ll take it on board and sort it! Agree with BPM, the amount of attention it gets on here for something as trivial is getting a bit boring/tiresome. Especially after we just won a league cup group containing Hibs and Morton, I’d have presumed we’d more be discussing that to be honest. 

Just now, GunnerBairn said:

Does anyone know if ST holders will be issued with new ST cards before next Saturday or can we use last season’s card. Not sure if the new turnstile reader would accept last season’s barcode?

I was in the shop on Thursday and was told that I can use last seasons card as it will just be reactivated. I think it’s just new ST holders or folk moving stands who are being issued new ones.

Guest Brockvillenomore
6 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Whatever it is that’s wrong with the website could one of the posters who have an issue with it please email the club! Maybe they’ll take it on board and sort it! Agree with BPM, the amount of attention it gets on here for something as trivial is getting a bit boring/tiresome. Especially after we just won a league cup group containing Hibs and Morton, I’d have presumed we’d more be discussing that to be honest. 

DA780179-9A6A-4419-A408-BE6E339BD24E.jpeg

1 hour ago, CammyDick said:

the borderline bullying people into silence who offer up even mild criticism of the club is something that needs nipped in the bud very quickly. even more so if this bullying is coming from close friends of the ‘new regime’. 

That’s very unfair IMO. I agree that some people have been unreasonably defensive of certain situations at the club but it is nothing like bullying or anything close to it, at least based on what is posted in the forum. If you have hard evidence of bullying I’m sure we would all be open to seeing it. 

I do believe there should be less of the “why don’t you volunteer and fix it yourself” stuff, and more of a understanding that the vast majority of folk (unless I’m being totally naive) are not pointing out flaws to be malicious or to discredit people at the club. 

12 minutes ago, Brockvillenomore said:

DA780179-9A6A-4419-A408-BE6E339BD24E.jpeg

So Jaimie Swinney responded swiftly on Friday regarding the issues reported to him with the website, explained the reasons for it and said it should be rectified next week? Surely that’s good communication and exactly how the club should be handling constructive criticisms? Hopefully we park the website chat now and give the club its time to sort whatever the issues are. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Guest Brockvillenomore
7 minutes ago, Just a bairn said:

That’s very unfair IMO. I agree that some people have been unreasonably defensive of certain situations at the club but it is nothing like bullying or anything close to it, at least based on what is posted in the forum. If you have hard evidence of bullying I’m sure we would all be open to seeing it. 

I do believe there should be less of the “why don’t you volunteer and fix it yourself” stuff, and more of a understanding that the vast majority of folk (unless I’m being totally naive) are not pointing out flaws to be malicious or to discredit people at the club. 

Fair summary. I see one aspect slightly different. The volunteer point is because the club have repeatedly asked for help, acknowledging there is much work to do, so it’s a fair observation, or request on here, that when the posts are made pointing out things that aren’t working that that people need to remember the club seem to acknowledge this and at least have a wish to fix it. 

If people have concerns or ideas, by all means air them here but give the club a chance to respond.

Jamie is very good at this. 

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

He just won't do for me as the loan striker, in the 10 or out wide he'd be absolutely fine as he can continue playing the same way, getting wide and linking the play but as the loan striker you need to be in the box otherwise who's getting on the end of any crosses. 

Anyhow still another striker and a winger to come in, Mochrie would be ideal as he can play out wide or as the 10. 

I presume by loan striker you mean Alegria as he's our loan striker.  Best cross of the day came from Mackie who got to the byline, popped up a cross across the face of the goal and Alegria nipped in to head over from a few yards. 

It's the simplest move in football and I struggle to see why our wide players can't do this most basic thing. They all seem to want to cut inside and go on mazy dribbles along the 18 yard line. 

29 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Have done on several occasions. Still to see an improvement.

On 23/07/2022 at 15:49, Back Post Misses said:

If it is that bad and you know what needs to be done to fix it why don’t you volunteer to do it? 

Due to your closeness to the board can we all assume that you volunteer at the club? I will be absolutely delighted if your answer is "yes" and fair play to you.

14 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Have done on several occasions. Still to see an improvement.

If you look back at the previous posts it appears Jamie Swinney responded to fan who raised this on Friday, accepted there was an issue, said the club had identified it and a fix was being put in place in time for next week at some point. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Guest Caractacus Potts
23 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

So Jaimie Swinney responded swiftly on Friday regarding the issues reported to him with the website, explained the reasons for it and said it should be rectified next week? Surely that’s good communication and exactly how the club should be handling constructive criticisms? Hopefully we park the website chat now and give the club its time to sort whatever the issues are. 

Don’t disagree but why not post stuff like that on official channels and the website itself so people can understand the issue? Not everyone is on social media.

Also reading that comment I read Jamie criticising Premier Sports yesterday for poor marketing of their product but does feel a bit pot kettle when our own website still has no mention of yesterdays result and our own marketing has been below par. 

Jamie’s grievance is valid but so is ours.

22 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

If you look back at the previous posts it appears Jamie Swinney responded to fan who raised this on Friday, accepted there was an issue, said the club had identified it and a fix was being put in place in time for next week at some point. 

I don’t do twitter! ……I also have a slight issue with Jamie responding to individuals (some may think no bad thing) but as CP stated, the responses should perhaps be made to a wider audience via social media channels.

I actually mentioned the website issues (fixtures, players, sponsorship, personnel) months ago when trying to get a Marketing person contact, only to find old info. Delving deeper indicated serious deficiencies within the site and at the time I made the comment that this is the public face of the club and first place to get info. Not a lot has been done since.

Maybe not of great interest to most, but it is a little bugbear of mine that the club still hasn’t sorted it out after 4 proper competitive matches into the season, when the problem was identified months ago.

20 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Either I've got too much time on my hands or... no it's definitely that.

https://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/team/falkirk/

57 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

I presume by loan striker you mean Alegria as he's our loan striker.  Best cross of the day came from Mackie who got to the byline, popped up a cross across the face of the goal and Alegria nipped in to head over from a few yards. 

It's the simplest move in football and I struggle to see why our wide players can't do this most basic thing. They all seem to want to cut inside and go on mazy dribbles along the 18 yard line. 

I was on about Oliver, to be fair to our wide players the last few years we've not really had someone who's a threat in the box so I can see why they don't get to the byline and whip one in. The Conor Sammon header at Montrose a few seasons ago still haunts me.

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I was in the shop on Thursday and was told that I can use last seasons card as it will just be reactivated. I think it’s just new ST holders or folk moving stands who are being issued new ones.

I renewed and was issued with a new one and am still in the south stand.