The Falkirk FC Thread

56 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Well that was rank but winning ugly is the sign of a good team. Gary Oliver won't do for me, constantly finds himself too deep or out wide nowhere near the goal. He got an absolute gift today in the second half from their keeper and failed to lob it over Mclean. Alegria showed some promise when he came on, attacked that near post header really well and was unlucky to lose his footing a few times after good touches. 

Still at least two players to come in so hopefully they'll sort our lack of attacking threat. Morrison again missing the final touch, head down and just fire it straight at the keeper.

Morrison is infuriating as f**k all to often he makes the wrong choice of pass, runs into traffic or just loses possession, his final product leaves a lot to be desired aswell. I actually think he's regressed as a player. 

6 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Morrison is infuriating as f**k all to often he makes the wrong choice of pass, runs into traffic or just loses possession, his final product leaves a lot to be desired aswell. I actually think he's regressed as a player. 

Too many still worship the ground he walks on. 

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Well that was rank but winning ugly is the sign of a good team. Gary Oliver won't do for me, constantly finds himself too deep or out wide nowhere near the goal. He got an absolute gift today in the second half from their keeper and failed to lob it over Mclean. Alegria showed some promise when he came on, attacked that near post header really well and was unlucky to lose his footing a few times after good touches. 

Still at least two players to come in so hopefully they'll sort our lack of attacking threat. Morrison again missing the final touch, head down and just fire it straight at the keeper.

Each to their own opinion but I don’t think Oliver is a bad player. Granted he might not be an out and out striker but he holds the ball up well and doesn’t waste much. I’d like to see how he would get on up front with Alegria or another striker.

The most wasteful player in our side when it comes to chances is by far Callumn Morrison, one on one he is bloody hopeless and his final ball is mince. I would like to see how Oliver would fair in comparison to Morrison if given the same amount of chances in a game.

Guest Ecosse83

Can’t complain finishing above Hibs and Morton. Hopefully some of our injuries clear up for next week and add another player. 

Lets push the boat out and let Mcglynn sign a few more especially with the extra funds we have earned. 

Seen a lot of people mention the extra money we will get from progressing in the cup and how that should get giving to Mcglynn. Even though I would love for Mcglynn to be given the extra funds aren’t we all forgetting the statements put out by the board at the start of the season staying that we need to raise an extra £200,000-£300,000 this year. Surely the money from the ‘cup run’ will be used to offset our deficit. 

I wouldn't be sad to see the back of any of them tbh. It'll probably need to be at the end of the season, i don't for one minute think McGlynn rates any of them but rather has no choice but to play them as we can't afford to pay them off.

On 21/07/2022 at 12:10, Big chungus said:

Yes Jamieson or Kyle Connell for me. Would also like to see Declan glass, Chris Mochrie, Dylan Tait or even Logan chalmers on loan to give us some creativity and goals in the midfield. 

Heard Chris Mochrie going out on loan, a few league 1 Clubs interested including Falkirk, Quick technical player and can drive past players. Be good to see him goto a biggish club

2 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Pretty flat performance in all honesty and Clyde would have scored with a decent striker. However we’ve got the result required and that’s the key thing at this stage.

It’s now absolutely vital that the board give John every penny of the additional prize money to bring in more quality in attacking positions.

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Credit to McGlynn, it wasn’t pretty today but I don’t think many saw us getting through this group.  All money for getting through towards a striker please. Looked toothless up top again. 

Hold your horses, lads…take a look at how JMcG did at picking strikers at Raith. He’s better developing one or making the team work without a classic striker. You give him the cash for a striker, you might well end up with Ethon Varian (couldn’t score in knocking shop) or Gozie Ugwu (more pulls or strains than a cheese rolling contest).

Teams used to play us during the  last  couple of seasons and know we'd gift them a goal or two at some point during the game. They'd sit in and wait for us to feck up.  At least we're now going to be forcing sides into creating goals and not getting them handed to them on a plate.

Positives from today then, Firstly it’s a 1-0 victory that gets us the three points and makes sure we top the top the group. 
I also thought McKay, Mcginn, hethrington and Yeats were excellent. Thought Mackie, Donaldson and Oliver were also really good. Oliver clearly not a lone striker but works hard and holds the ball up well. Think with a partner or potentially playing in the number 10 role he could be a semi effective player for us. 

However, the keeper really really worries me. Not had a save to make yet you still come away feeling like he is an absolute bomb scare. Does not command his box and isn’t confident when it comes to in game decision making. Williamson also really poor today. It’s also clear we do not have enough going forward. But hopefully with Kennedy and Algeria coming in alongside a couple of new signings we might have enough. Difficult to give an opinion on our new number 9 today but thought he had a couple of involvements and will at least give defenders some issues .

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

I'm really trying not to be cheeky or rude here but if you think Oliver is poor and Alegria looked promising today then I think we're watching different matches.

We have conceded one goal in four games to win the group. Really solid defensively which is a great place for start. Worth remembering we were missing four through injury or suspension today and the club have said they're still hoping to bring more in. We're doing the basics much better already and should improve as the season goes on. Roll on next Satu

Absolutely this. Oliver and Alegria have played a total of 4 games combined for us with the later playing under 30 mins. We can’t just expect everything to click into place immediately and need to be patient.

McGlynn has confirmed he’s building from the back and our defence looks very good so far.

The next game will be a good yardstick for us as Montrose we’re much better than us last season.