The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Stopped posting as much, as any small criticism is jumped on.

This.

If you criticised the club under the old regime you were viewed as a heroic freedom fighter.

Make the slightest negative comment about the club under the new board and you are seen as some sort of insurgent with an agenda.

I have to agree with the last few posts. We’ve had people suggesting you can’t ask a question unless you attended a meet the board/manager night, you can’t criticise an organisation you are not a part of and you can’t call something out for being pish unless you are going to take the job on yourself 🤯.

We are making massive improvements but that mentality can get tae f**k. 

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

On today I'd be whacking Callumn Morrison upfront, let him run wild against the back two of Brian Mclean and Peter Grant. Quite interested to see how Rodden is for Clyde, I'm sure we had someone on here or the COYB page wanting us to sign him last season having watched him for the shire.

Morrison
Williamson Donaldson Mackie Mccann
McGinn Hetherington
Mcguffie Yeats Oliver
Morrison

Gary Oliver's best attributes are holding the ball up with his back to goal and leading a high press of the opposing defence. You'd lose all of that if you shunt him out wide.

16 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Gary Oliver's best attributes are holding the ball up with his back to goal and leading a high press of the opposing defence. You'd lose all of that if you shunt him out wide.

He doesn't score goals so having him upfront on his own is equally as useless.

He doesn't score goals so having him upfront on his own is equally as useless.

Completely disagree with that. The job of a striker isn’t just to score goals and especially in the system that McGlynn plays. I’ve seen Oliver getting quite a bit of stick so far and although I’d agree that he should be in the box more his hold up and link up play is brilliant. He never gives defenders a break, he’s very good with his back to goal and bringing the attacking midfield 3 into the game.

4 minutes ago, Russ said:

Completely disagree with that. The job of a striker isn’t just to score goals and especially in the system that McGlynn plays. I’ve seen Oliver getting quite a bit of stick so far and although I’d agree that he should be in the box more his hold up and link up play is brilliant. He never gives defenders a break, he’s very good with his back to goal and bringing the attacking midfield 3 into the game.

Strikers are primarily paid to score goals, Oliver does have good link up play but he absolutely loves to go out wide which when he's playing up top on his own is useless as we're then crossing to Morrison, Nesbitt and McGuffie. I'd much rather see him try keep between the posts inside the box so when we do get crosses in he's got a chance of scoring.

1 minute ago, Believe The Hype said:

I Managed fine, What issues are you getting? Just went onto the website, logged in, clicked on Falkirk TV and chose the ppv. Just waiting on the stream to go live. 

It was saying unavailable at the moment when I was trying to pay. So I tried to log in and it failed. Had to re register for some reason. Sorted now, thanks. 

Just now, Rugster said:

It was saying unavailable at the moment when I was trying to pay. So I tried to log in and it failed. Had to re register for some reason. Sorted now, thanks. 

Aye I had to register new details as well, apart from that, pretty seemless. Just hope the stream works out now